SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: test drove the M3 today i regret ordering slk350..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Porsche Boxster 987
Yes i am proboly being too soft on them but thats the way i am and when i snap I SNAP!

I am 23 years old and no i am not gonna buy a +50 K car just because i like one forum more then the other...stop hating diamond and read the sentence carefully even though i was lazy on the spelling.

for the rest of you thanks for all the support its been really hard trying to convince this dealer and his manager what *******s they are being and clearly do not see the bigger picture here since i have already bought a C class off them and got my dads friend to go to him for an S class. I Also most likely will be buying another mercedes in three years maybe even sooner and will continue to switch cars for the rest of my life.

They still will not budge but i think they will re-think it over tommorow and it might be a little easier for me to work with them.

Anyone have any suggestions for me to get a feeling of the power behind the SLK350 since it is about as much HP as a boxster S would that a good candidate to maybe get a feel of what the SLK has to offer?

Harris i am not trying to portray anything all i am saying is this dealer and there company which is affiliated to mercedes but is another company from what i heard form other dealers (Silver Star) are really stupid salesmen who
do not have any business foresight and will even make an enemy of once a good long term customer just so they can make a quick profit.
They are acting like children in my opinion and have no class what so ever
and yet they are selling a mercedes benz vehicle.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:04 PM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
[QUOTE=Harris]Its total BS by Kimchi and its total BS by the dealer (if they did say you cant canel the order).

Harris im sorry but are you implying that i am lying about this whole process?

haha i certainly hope not i have alot of respect for you please habe the same for me.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:48 AM

05 CLK 320
23 ? me too, you are true about keeping a car for more than three years or for even that matter more than two year, I almost got an fully loaded 525 (sprt,sound,premium,auto,xenon) last week but I some how controlled my self, one reason I did not take it was becuase I might have gotten **** for my 05c230 when if I traded it in.

Any way good luck with your new car.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:06 AM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
thanks!
Old 09-10-2004, 02:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
So, have you paid the car in full yet? Do you lose out on the deposit?

I'd try calling MBUSA as well as other dealerships to cancel it.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:29 AM

W208 CLK320
Originally Posted by djantlive
So, have you paid the car in full yet? Do you lose out on the deposit?

I'd try calling MBUSA as well as other dealerships to cancel it.
He's in Canada... calling MBUSA would be a waste of time.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:13 PM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
I called mercedes canada and they seem like they are not wantig to help
i am beggining to hate mercedes customer service.

They told me to talk to this girl who handles BC customers so they put me through to the line she did not pick up so I left a msg...
She didnt call back so i called back an hour later and asked if anyone else could handle my case they said no then asked me what dealership in BC i had a problem with i said i would like to talk to the rep before i start giving out the names of the dealership. She said well it would be better too to specify which dealership i had a problem with so they could get the info and call me back.....HELLLO!!!!!! i have the problem here why would they go to the dealership 1st then as me what my problem is when i have the problem with the dealership!??! I told them this and they finnally agreed with me and told me the lady will call me back. Well she finnally called me back like 5 hours later and i told her my complaint and how i was a potential life long buyer
and this type of business conduct makes me regret dealing iwth mercedes benz....she told me it was up to the discretion of the dealer whether i could get my deposit back and cancel my order since the car is not built yet...
So this means my dealer is lying to me ( no suprise) that he would cancel if he could but he is not going to! lol what a joke....

Well that all happened yesterday....haha now i wanna see what drama will unfold today....
Old 09-10-2004, 07:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK55
Exclamation As others have mentioned, you can definitely get your money back...

They're just trying to coerce you into buying it that's all. It sucks to have to be a *****, but sometimes that is the only way to get things done...

As far as the M3 versus the SLK350/55 is concerned, consider a couple things here. For one it seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong here, that BMW have still not been able to get a handle on the bad rod bearing issue. They've updated the bearing shells numerous times, they had that oil pump recall, and now I hear there's another recal for new rod bearings. The M3 has been in production for three years now. Come on BMW, fix the damn problem once and for all. If they don't or can't, I doubt that they'll ever be able to do, and it might be an inherent design flaw. Too undersquare for such high rpm...

As far as the SLK350 versus the SLK55 bit, if you can afford both, definitely get the 55. You'll regret it if you don't. I know that you have to wait a year, but if you get the 350, that year is going to go awfully fast, and when you're seeing other SLK55's on the road, all you'll be thinking about is how to get into one. Definitely wait. Besides, it's not like you're not driving an awesome car now, you know? No matter, I wish you the best of luck with whatever choice you make...

Best regards,
Matt
Old 09-10-2004, 07:16 PM

03 CLK55
Question Hey Talos...

Originally Posted by Talos
He's in Canada... calling MBUSA would be a waste of time.

Wasn't Talos that huge bronze giant from "Jason and the Argonauts"? I loved that thing. When I was a little kid, I used to imagine what it would be like to have him as my own personal bodyguard. Not unlike "The Iron Giant". Anyway, Talos was one bad mo'fo!!

I'm listening to some tunes, and your little Hitler in the car is bouncing to the beat, and it's funny as Hell...

Best regards,
Matt
Old 09-10-2004, 08:51 PM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
I have my mind set on this M3.....and i get very angry and cry if i dont get what i want.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:54 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
new m3

THe M3 isn't my favourite, but if you really want it - be aware that the 3 series is changing to a new model line in Germany this year, in the US the next (the M3 is not coming until next year though). This is the last year of the current series.
Best,
Dan
Old 09-10-2004, 09:37 PM

W208 CLK320
Originally Posted by dosers
THe M3 isn't my favourite, but if you really want it - be aware that the 3 series is changing to a new model line in Germany this year, in the US the next (the M3 is not coming until next year though). This is the last year of the current series.
I have also heard that the new M3 will have a 400hp V8.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:56 PM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
isnt the new coming m3 only coming in 2007?

figured that its would be perfect for a 3 year lease...
Old 09-10-2004, 09:57 PM

W208 CLK320
Originally Posted by kimchiFLAVA
isnt the new coming m3 only coming in 2007?

figured that its would be perfect for a 3 year lease...
The new 3-Series comes out in two months. I believe the new M3 comes out next year.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:24 PM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
dang that kinda sucks....torn between buying in the now and somthing really fun but outta date or waiting for somthing better but maybe lose passion for later....
Old 09-10-2004, 10:29 PM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
dang that kinda sucks....torn between buying in the now and somthing really fun but outta date or waiting for somthing better but maybe lose passion for later....

What about the C55? one of my dealer says i can get it in febuary....
that is waitable but will i like the styling since i sort of had my share of a c class platform( c240). And for some reason a 4 door is not really what im lookin for since i want more a sporty feel to the car.

When is the next C class model change gonna be i heard in 2007?
Old 09-10-2004, 11:10 PM

W208 CLK320
When is the next C class model change gonna be i heard in 2007?
Yes, and the front lights are reminiscent of the current Acura TL. Most MBWorld members seem to hate the look of the 2007 C-Class. Personally, I prefer the 2007 C230 Coupe, and the 2005 C230 Sedan. As far as the C55 goes, i'm one of those "A sports car should be a manual" people and prefer the M3 over the C55. If you're looking for a great car in that league TODAY which will not be outdated next year, take a look at the 2005 S4 which apparently just came out. The interior is superior to that of the competition (as typical with Audi), and the performance, handling, and price is "just right" for many.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/81638-new-s4.html
Attached Thumbnails test drove the M3 today i regret ordering slk350..-001__scaled_600_036.jpg   test drove the M3 today i regret ordering slk350..-002__scaled_600_029.jpg  

Last edited by Talos; 09-10-2004 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:26 PM

No No No No

New 3 series comes out Fall/Winter 2005

New M3 MOST LIKELY follow Fall/Winter 2006

if you are really looking into the M3, im serious, go to
www.e46fanatics.com
and just lurk for awhile and search and read some posts on the M3 or about the new M3, tons of information there..
Old 09-11-2004, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
There are more E-classes in OC, let alone irvine than hondas. I dont stick out at all.. but thats not the point I still love the car (when she's behaving) a lot.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:05 PM

I have my mind set on this M3.....and i get very angry and cry if i dont get what i want.

Heh, the dealer probably isn't going to care if you cry :P

Just break it down for him simply: tell the dealer that he can either refund your $500, or he can get sued in small claims court. He'll have to hire a lawyer, which will cost him more than $500, and he'll probably have to pay you $500 anyway when you win the suit. So he has a choice between paying you your deposit now, or paying it to you later, and taking option B (pay later) will cost hiim attorney's fees and court costs.

Then if he doesn't pay now, follow through and sue him. If nothing else, you'll get the satisfaction of knowing that the guy who tried to push you around is getting sued, which is always fun.

. It'll cost you some money too (unless you do it pro se) but if you can afford either one of these cars, a few hundred dollars either way probably isn't a big deal, and it's probably worth that much just to not let the dealer push you around.

---------

That said: personally I wouldn't be caught dead in a BMW convertible. Everyone and his brother drives one; they're just way too generic. And I think the SLK has a better overall feature set. But that's just me.

Last edited by Thorn; 09-11-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:41 PM

W208 CLK320
You cannot have an attorney present in small claims court. It will cost you approximately $20 to have him served, that's all.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Talos
You cannot have an attorney present in small claims court. .
In your state, you can't? Odd. Must be a state-law thing. You certainly don't need an attorney, though, you are right in that -- I was just speaking loosely, ie, "need" as in "would probably be a good idea." My apologies.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:29 PM

W208 CLK320
Originally Posted by Thorn
In your state, you can't? Odd. Must be a state-law thing. You certainly don't need an attorney, though, you are right in that -- I was just speaking loosely, ie, "need" as in "would probably be a good idea." My apologies.
You cannot have an attorney present in small claims court in several states, not just California. It may be a national thing... not sure.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:15 PM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
o nevermind im gonna buy the car cause at first they said could have credit and i agreed to 2500 back and 2500 credit....ofr the total of 5000 whic wa my deposit.

Later i was test driving the boxster S at a high class dealership which is btw i must say the Boxster didnt have enough grunt and power as i would of liked but it was kinda cool to drive such a small convertible on a nice sunny day here in vancouver.

Well anyways back to my point ...the sales guy there was really cool and informative and told me the more sensible idea would be to get the SLK350
and as he told me why it dawned on me that i should indeed get the SLK even though my infatuation with the M3 is so strong I think i can live with my decision since it is a newer model , higher quality build, better residual value,
and a 2 seater convertible rolled into a coupe.

so to sum up all the drama in the past few days im getting the SLK350 and who knows in a year or two i can always either sell the car if i grow bored of it or upgrade to a AMG.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:22 PM

W208 CLK320
he told me why it dawned on me that i should indeed get the SLK even though my infatuation with the M3 is so strong.
What did he say?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SLK/R171: test drove the M3 today i regret ordering slk350..