SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: the DRAMA continues: part 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Porsche Boxster 987
Originally Posted by DiamondNoir2K5
Dude, why do you get into so many fights in the first place?

i grew up in a town where i was the only asian and was always made fun of lol
and i aint the one to back down.

also i fought alot during highschool over dumbstuff hehe you think i was bad the kids nowadays are totin pistols and putting kids in there graves from a group beat down.

Anyways Just got back from the dealership haha they were sukin my you know what.
Giving me a cheque soon for the full 5 G and a deep apology.
Im so relieved as for the car i guess i wont be on this forum for a while
deciding to save up for somthing that doesnt depreciate as much
boot around in my Rav and wait a year or two since im not too fond of any car coming out lately for the price range im looking for and then proboly try to get me in 06' -07' a 911, new m5 or new m3( as long as the doesnt screw with the m series styling too badly like they did with the Z) or maybe even a CLS, amg would be nice.

nice tty guys have fun with your benz's happy motoring and pimp hard!

Last edited by kimchiFLAVA; 09-14-2004 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:44 PM

'05 C230K SS
Originally Posted by kimchiFLAVA
i grew up in a town where i was the only asian and was always made fun of lol and i aint the one to back down.
I guess you're not talking about Vancouver then, b/c Vancouver has a very large Asian population.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
You need to see a Shrink!
Old 09-14-2004, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
so you want a medal or a monument? lol
Nah, got plenty of those... besided, they're only good for picking up dust. How about $$$?
Old 09-15-2004, 09:31 AM

11' E-350 BlueTec
Sorry guys, but
Old 09-15-2004, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
Originally Posted by amiras
Sorry guys, but
really? do you think so? thanks for bringing it to our attention
Old 09-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Almost a Member!

i grew up in a town where i was the only asian and was always made fun of lol and i aint the one to back down.

:
Yes i can believe that people did make fun of you (as they are in this thread and probarly in all elements of social interaction) but you should consider why, it's not because you are Korean it's because of your EQ.

I hope that you will mature soon and find the rest of your life more enjoyable.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by JohnSLK
it's because of your EQ.
do you mean IQ?
Old 09-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Almost a Member!

IQ is Intelligence Quotient.....EQ is Emotional Quotient, which is how one controls his/her emotions in order to interact constructively with others.

However, in this case, both IQ and EQ applies to kimchiFAVA.....IQ in the sense that he should've done the necessary research before making any decisions on purchasing a car, and EQ on how he should've dealt with the matter.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:53 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
Talking Eq.....

....or could be EQ - Everquest. Too much time spent there, that is ;-)
Old 09-16-2004, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by Lirim318
IQ is Intelligence Quotient.....EQ is Emotional Quotient, which is how one controls his/her emotions in order to interact constructively with others.

However, in this case, both IQ and EQ applies to kimchiFAVA.....IQ in the sense that he should've done the necessary research before making any decisions on purchasing a car, and EQ on how he should've dealt with the matter.
good point
Old 09-17-2004, 07:14 PM

2005 SLK55 2003 Acura MDX
I live in Vancouver (West Vancouver) and I have ordered a SLK55. I totally understand your frustration/ANGER! But let me tell you everything in Canada is like this. There's no system to protect honest law biding tax paying citizens! There's however a very good system to protect not so decent people. Things are different in Europe and US. I lived in Germany for five years and used to own an office building in LA; still own a house in Malibu.

In Canada, it is all about some kind of connection. If you know someone, he/she can do pretty much anything. Like my MB sales manager. I once cancelled my 1995 C36 order and got full refund even though the car was here! That's because my family has known him for like fourteen years and we have purchased many MB from him and recommended him to many of our friends.

I also used to own a Lexus SC400. The service was unbelievable. The reliability was out of this world. The fit and finish was out of this world. I could not find anything wrong or out of place and I am very picky. Like that ugly SLK antenna and wind deflector. My Lexus antenna only went up in the radio mode (1992)! I also currently own a MDX and Acura is almost in the same league as LEXUS. What I am trying to say is that if you want an almost perfect car with superb service, you should consider buying a Lexus or Acura or Infiniti car. But of course they are no MB. And MB is no Porsche. And Porsche is no Ferrari... What is more important to you? Service/Reliability? Prestige? To me, a balance between the two.

I wish I could force myself to buy a Lexus. Life would be so much more relaxing and I wouldn't have to empty my bank account for service costs! First year production too (SLk55)! There, I already see a gray hair!

Good Luck
PS BMW has a no sevice chrge for four yesrs (saving of C$5000?)

OK this is just getting to ridiculous.
it makes me wanna start crying yet laughing at the same time.

Well i went to my dealership today to talk to the dealer about my order for the SLK350 last friday I talked to him and he told me that i could get back my order no problem since i canceled only the day before..(proboly the main reason decided i wanted the SLK350 again was the fact that it would put and end to all the drama this dealership has been giving me since they would only refund half my money back and half for a credit( $5000 total deposit).

Anyways the dealer told me to come to the dealership on monday in person and talk to them. So today i went there and right from the get go once again they are pissing me off big time! First they told me that i shouldnt have ordered the car and canceled 3 weeks later. Trying to put me on a guilt trip or wutver the reason. Then they said there was no way i could change the options after i ordered because "mercedes doesnt play games like that."
Can you believe that they are implying I am playing games with them??!!
Remember this is from a guy who in the past three years have bought a car
a average of once per year. Totalling almost $300,000 ( a c240, S430, and SLK350). I then replied I dont think thats true because i called mercedes canada and they told me its up to the discretion of the dealership if i can change my order. The manager looked startled he was fat and chinese and the look on his face but like a sour duckling with chinky eyes( im oriental so no offence to asian ppl i have slanty eyes too :P ) knowing all to well that he was getting caught in his own web of deciet.
Then he had the nerve to tell me that i have been playing games from the get go and his example of this was ( haha wait til you heaer this its soooo freakin funny)...his example for this was how i first ordered automatic and then changed to manual later on ... haha first of all i was treh one who orginaly wanted manual but they told me there was none for the north american market! Later thanks to this forum i came back there and demanded
manual and they finally gave in pretending liek they were not aware of this.
I told them this and again the sour duck look came on is face he replied that they were not aware of this at the time plus i would know more cuz i visit the internet and are more aware of the options on upcoming cars. I said no i think your lying cause when i first talked to my dealer he showed me the book of the MSRP for the SLK350 and it was $64,500 when i asked if there was manual he said no tehre wasnt but then how come the automatic is a 1,500 dollar option!??!?! The freakin fat chinese thick eye glass wearing grreedy freakin BBQ pork belly dealer mumbled some things i coudlnt understand and then changed topics..saying he that my position for nov was taken and the best he could do is delivery of january..i told him this was not possible and i would like my full deposit back he then said he would call tommorow and see if i could take delivery in december. I told him i would have to recieve it within the first week of decemeber or i wanted my refund.
I then said i wanted the full refund and he replied i would have to talk to the manager regarding that matter if i cant get the car in the time i wanted.
I asked where the manager was and he said teh manager wasnt here today.
lolz i wanted to test them if they would agree to these terms but it looks like they want to manipulate there tactics according to how they see fit until tomorrow. I called on friday and they said it was np to get back my order now it looks as though they are trying to give away my position to some other customer to get another sale and back logging me on a account of me canceling teh order its funny how they say they might be able to get me back my position but they will have to see. lol this is jokes it seems like every word coming out from there mouth is fu k in bu ll s hit.

I dont want a mercedes no more bring on the m3 even if it is going to be a dinosaur in two years i would take satisfaction knowing im not giving away my money to the slimebags at mercedes. Im not hating on all mercedes dealerships i met alot of cool dealers at other locations. But i can honestly say for now i do not want to own a mercedes at all at this present time.
This whole experience has been a nightmare and right now i am banning myslef on all cars mercedeshas to offer due to this incident.

Of course i cant lose my deposit so i have to see what is going on tommorow
and there is still a possibilty i will get the SLK350 but i certainly hope not its not even about the car no more.

I really hope to get the BMW M3 mercedes has lost a good customer and i will tell all my friends what happened and they all are rich ****'s who buy cars as often as the lastest fashion. Tommorow i have to go gain in and proboly wil have to fight tooth and nail to get what i want. I might even jumper over the desk tommorow and assault the fat chinese dealer and brake his glasses and then i would be somewaht satisfied
Old 09-17-2004, 07:42 PM

2005 SLK55 2003 Acura MDX
Again, I totally understand you! I was made fun of and picked on in high school as well. A lot of racial remarks and bullying. A lot of ugly fights and home suspensions. Even though I was like 180 pounds and 6 feet tall! And they say Canada is not a racist country! Yah right, I see it every day!

I had absolutely no problem in Germany. Not even a single fight during my five yeas stay in Germany! Fighting and racial remarks were considered low class and shameful.

Did you practice/spar in Main Street Gym (Main and Kingsway)? Do you know Dave? I used to practice with him boxing and Combat Karate. Good old times! Some really tough guy in there!

I am glad you got your money back. But 5G's! It is usually 1G!

also i fought alot during highschool over dumbstuff hehe you think i was bad the kids nowadays are totin pistols and putting kids in there graves from a group beat down.

Anyways Just got back from the dealership haha they were sukin my you know what.
Giving me a cheque soon for the full 5 G and a deep apology.
Im so relieved as for the car i guess i wont be on this forum for a while
deciding to save up for somthing that doesnt depreciate as much
boot around in my Rav and wait a year or two since im not too fond of any car coming out lately for the price range im looking for and then proboly try to get me in 06' -07' a 911, new m5 or new m3( as long as the doesnt screw with the m series styling too badly like they did with the Z) or maybe even a CLS, amg would be nice.

nice tty guys have fun with your benz's happy motoring and pimp hard!
Old 09-17-2004, 11:09 PM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
Originally Posted by Teufel
Again, I totally understand you! I was made fun of and picked on in high school as well. A lot of racial remarks and bullying. A lot of ugly fights and home suspensions. Even though I was like 180 pounds and 6 feet tall! And they say Canada is not a racist country! Yah right, I see it every day!

I had absolutely no problem in Germany. Not even a single fight during my five yeas stay in Germany! Fighting and racial remarks were considered low class and shameful.

Did you practice/spar in Main Street Gym (Main and Kingsway)? Do you know Dave? I used to practice with him boxing and Combat Karate. Good old times! Some really tough guy in there!

I am glad you got your money back. But 5G's! It is usually 1G!

thanks teufel canada is a good place to live well at least i think so cause i lived here all my life but it aint perfect thats for sure.

Germany sounds like a cool place to live gotta admire german engineering among other things.

I actually practiced in Port Moody the trainer was named Gibson Jr.
I respect his talent for bashing in brains and making a successful gym ( being in films and training Jessica Alba among other things) but i found it was very formal and his training methods are a bit lacking.
They put me up against this big guy who just grappled with me and i didnt do any hardcore competition for about 3 years. Well he threw me so hard and pretty much didnt hold too much back my stiff muscles were very prone to injury and i severly hurt my back for about 4 monthes. This would of never happened at my old judo club and plus my club was very tight and friendly and funny with all our members. They seem like they need think a lil harder how to warm up new athletes and not injure them off the bat. Infact my chiropractor told me that alot of his clients are from that gym :P
These guys were a bit stuck up for my liking.
I wanna start taking boxing classes.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Porsche, Mercedes & MINI
I have to say that you story in no way shape or form makes me sorry for you. You negotiated terribly as well as your dealer, I'm surprised at the dealer.

You bought two cars and one coming, really nothing when think your dealer must move 200 cars a month. If you think your are somebody at that dealer, think again.

I believe the strategy is very simple, most of SLK's will go out the door without problem, so ordering an SLK and then wanting your money back should be no problem for them, argue that. Its simple if you want the car, let them know, if they can't deliver, tell them you need your money to seek a dealer that will order the car for you. No need for chi-chat about who did what.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:21 PM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
"You bought two cars and one coming, really nothing when think your dealer must move 200 cars a month. If you think your are somebody at that dealer, think again."

You are saying that i negotiated badly well i did learn a couple lessons i'll give you that but that quote you just said is in my opinion dumb.
I dont care how many cars they sell if i am a customer then dammnit they better learn how to treat me like i am. A customer that brings them money better be freakin given the red carpet. Its like that in any business.
i could go to any other dealer whether it be porsche, BMW whatever i would be treated with the utmost respect.

And yes i got my full deposit back and yes there sales tactics are very very shady. I guess part of why i was fooled was because i never expected mercedes to do that to me, I thought they had more class. Most of them do but theres always bound to be some bad apples.

BTW the dealership is in Surrey Canada "SilverStar Mercedes Benz"
on 104 Ave. There a shady bunch and if you go in you can feel this feeling like your in a room full of sharks and they smell blood. Actually the actual store is nice since they just moved and got the new design of how they want mercedes retail outlets to look so they got the 1st treatment. But the actual people there are un professional , greedy pigs who have dont even have the intelligence to understand you never **** of th e customer cause they'll bite your *** in the long run. Ha i knew that since was like 17 years old. There full grown men and stil have no clue.

Curse that dealership i hope they fall to ruins.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:54 PM

'08 SL65
I dont care how many cars they sell if i am a customer then dammnit they better learn how to treat me like i am.
On this one I am going to have to agree with kimchiFLAVA. We bought our '01 SLK 320 from a very good dealer in Bellevue, WA. We were treated like we had purchased a fleet of S55s. We moved to AZ and took my wife's 320 to the Scottsdale dealer for routine service. We got a Buick as a loaner. People that bought their MBs @ the dealership got MBs. After I bought my Starmark E55, we both got the ROYAL treatment. That's the way it should be, and I personally know a guy that buys a new MB from these guys every couple of months (his last one was an '05 SL55) who is treated just the same as us. If MB ever wants to catch the "Lexus" customer service model, they better knock of the *****ty attitude that kimchiFLAVA experienced. BTW, my wife was a manager of customer service for 13 years at Nordstroms. She knows how customers should be treated.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:43 PM

many
do you mean Schumacher MB dealer?
Old 09-24-2004, 05:37 PM

'08 SL65
Originally Posted by a2gtinut
do you mean Schumacher MB dealer?
[magic8ball]That would be a yes.[/magic8ball]
Old 09-24-2004, 05:49 PM
Almost a Member!

E320
The kid's attitude and personality are irrelevant. As a Mercedes customer, he should be treated with respect and he should not have to deal with such deceitful *Dodge Tactics*. Exactly which dealership did you use in Vancouver? I'm moving there next month, and I *will not* purchase my next vehicle there.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:03 PM
Almost a Member!

E320
Originally Posted by Harris
Just imagine if you are the sales manager, what would you do facing such a jacka$$ customer?
If I lied and was an overall rude jackass towards the customer, I certainly wouldn't be the sales manager for long.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:23 PM
Almost a Member!

E320
Originally Posted by Frissen
You bought two cars and one coming, really nothing when think your dealer must move 200 cars a month.
200 cars per month? In Vancouver? I think not.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by AC556F
We bought our '01 SLK 320 from a very good dealer in Bellevue, WA. We were treated like we had purchased a fleet of S55s. We moved to AZ and took my wife's 320 to the Scottsdale dealer for routine service. We got a Buick as a loaner. People that bought their MBs @ the dealership got MBs. After I bought my Starmark E55, we both got the ROYAL treatment.
thats how it is at all MB dealers. they are all pretty much independently owned and normally wont give you a MB loaner if you dont buy your car from them. they use the MB loaner as a perk if you buy from that particular dealer.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Hmm..... That means if I moved to another city, I would have to sell all my MBs and buy other MBs at the local dealership I guess MB should regulate their loaner program, at least for vehicles that are still under warranty.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:11 AM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
Originally Posted by Alias
The kid's attitude and personality are irrelevant. As a Mercedes customer, he should be treated with respect and he should not have to deal with such deceitful *Dodge Tactics*. Exactly which dealership did you use in Vancouver? I'm moving there next month, and I *will not* purchase my next vehicle there.

Silver Star Mercedes Benz

its on 104 Ave. in Surrey