SLK/R171: the DRAMA continues: part 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Porsche Boxster 987
the DRAMA continues: part 2

OK this is just getting to ridiculous.
it makes me wanna start crying yet laughing at the same time.

Well i went to my dealership today to talk to the dealer about my order for the SLK350 last friday I talked to him and he told me that i could get back my order no problem since i canceled only the day before..(proboly the main reason decided i wanted the SLK350 again was the fact that it would put and end to all the drama this dealership has been giving me since they would only refund half my money back and half for a credit( $5000 total deposit).

Anyways the dealer told me to come to the dealership on monday in person and talk to them. So today i went there and right from the get go once again they are pissing me off big time! First they told me that i shouldnt have ordered the car and canceled 3 weeks later. Trying to put me on a guilt trip or wutver the reason. Then they said there was no way i could change the options after i ordered because "mercedes doesnt play games like that."
Can you believe that they are implying I am playing games with them??!!
Remember this is from a guy who in the past three years have bought a car
a average of once per year. Totalling almost $300,000 ( a c240, S430, and SLK350). I then replied I dont think thats true because i called mercedes canada and they told me its up to the discretion of the dealership if i can change my order. The manager looked startled he was fat and chinese and the look on his face but like a sour duckling with chinky eyes( im oriental so no offence to asian ppl i have slanty eyes too :P ) knowing all to well that he was getting caught in his own web of deciet.
Then he had the nerve to tell me that i have been playing games from the get go and his example of this was ( haha wait til you heaer this its soooo freakin funny)...his example for this was how i first ordered automatic and then changed to manual later on ... haha first of all i was treh one who orginaly wanted manual but they told me there was none for the north american market! Later thanks to this forum i came back there and demanded
manual and they finally gave in pretending liek they were not aware of this.
I told them this and again the sour duck look came on is face he replied that they were not aware of this at the time plus i would know more cuz i visit the internet and are more aware of the options on upcoming cars. I said no i think your lying cause when i first talked to my dealer he showed me the book of the MSRP for the SLK350 and it was $64,500 when i asked if there was manual he said no tehre wasnt but then how come the automatic is a 1,500 dollar option!??!?! The freakin fat chinese thick eye glass wearing grreedy freakin BBQ pork belly dealer mumbled some things i coudlnt understand and then changed topics..saying he that my position for nov was taken and the best he could do is delivery of january..i told him this was not possible and i would like my full deposit back he then said he would call tommorow and see if i could take delivery in december. I told him i would have to recieve it within the first week of decemeber or i wanted my refund.
I then said i wanted the full refund and he replied i would have to talk to the manager regarding that matter if i cant get the car in the time i wanted.
I asked where the manager was and he said teh manager wasnt here today.
lolz i wanted to test them if they would agree to these terms but it looks like they want to manipulate there tactics according to how they see fit until tomorrow. I called on friday and they said it was np to get back my order now it looks as though they are trying to give away my position to some other customer to get another sale and back logging me on a account of me canceling teh order its funny how they say they might be able to get me back my position but they will have to see. lol this is jokes it seems like every word coming out from there mouth is fu k in bu ll s hit.

I dont want a mercedes no more bring on the m3 even if it is going to be a dinosaur in two years i would take satisfaction knowing im not giving away my money to the slimebags at mercedes. Im not hating on all mercedes dealerships i met alot of cool dealers at other locations. But i can honestly say for now i do not want to own a mercedes at all at this present time.
This whole experience has been a nightmare and right now i am banning myslef on all cars mercedeshas to offer due to this incident.

Of course i cant lose my deposit so i have to see what is going on tommorow
and there is still a possibilty i will get the SLK350 but i certainly hope not its not even about the car no more.

I really hope to get the BMW M3 mercedes has lost a good customer and i will tell all my friends what happened and they all are rich ****'s who buy cars as often as the lastest fashion. Tommorow i have to go gain in and proboly wil have to fight tooth and nail to get what i want. I might even jumper over the desk tommorow and assault the fat chinese dealer and brake his glasses and then i would be somewaht satisfied

Last edited by kimchiFLAVA; 09-13-2004 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
I'm not trying to target this at you, but again, stop being soft with the guy. What I would do is have his wife (or girlfriend) suck my *you know what* and then tell the guy to stop playing games with you.

BTW, sometimes you have to be mean! I said this before, and I'll say it again. Go into that dealership, and show him who is boss! You are letting him **** all over you.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
Originally Posted by dinko
I'm not trying to target this at you, but again, stop being soft with the guy. What I would do is have his wife (or girlfriend) suck my *you know what* and then tell the guy to stop playing games with you.

BTW, sometimes you have to be mean! I said this before, and I'll say it again. Go into that dealership, and show him who is boss! You are letting him **** all over you.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:17 PM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
im not that nice i mean when i was 17 i took a guy and put him in a coma during a street fight :p (blackbelt)
Old 09-13-2004, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by kimchiFLAVA
im not that nice i mean when i was 17 i took a guy and put him in a coma during a street fight :p (blackbelt)
lol, obviously the guy couldnt fight
Old 09-14-2004, 12:46 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK320
Spoilt brat

You sound like a spoilt brat who's pouting and throwing a tantrum because you cannot get what you want. You decided to order a car without test driving it or checking out similar cars. Then, you get cold feet and start test driving any car within the "peer" group.

Your racial slurs with regards to the Chinese salesperson is disgraceful, especially when you are Chinese yourself. Just because you place a "disclaimer" that you are Chinese does not make it okay. Propagating violence and boasting about how you beat up on some hapless soul only reflects on your maturity and bearing as an adult.

I hope you settle your problems with your dealership because this process is obviously becoming a pain to both you and some of us on the board.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:07 AM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
Originally Posted by DCCLK
You sound like a spoilt brat who's pouting and throwing a tantrum because you cannot get what you want. You decided to order a car without test driving it or checking out similar cars. Then, you get cold feet and start test driving any car within the "peer" group.

Your racial slurs with regards to the Chinese salesperson is disgraceful, especially when you are Chinese yourself. Just because you place a "disclaimer" that you are Chinese does not make it okay. Propagating violence and boasting about how you beat up on some hapless soul only reflects on your maturity and bearing as an adult.

I hope you settle your problems with your dealership because this process is obviously becoming a pain to both you and some of us on the board.
Well when it comes to getting what i want i guess you can call me a spoiled brat but i work hard for everything that i got and earned all my money for myself not a dime cam from my family.

And yes i got cold feet and yes i started driving other cars as a result of this I made a mistake i never said i didn't, the fact remains that the dealership which i brought alot of business too ( an avg of 1 mercedes per year for three years) i feel like i deserve a little courtesy and they should fufill my wish to cancel the order. There lying tactics are not only insulting but not professional.

I am not racist at all infact i am a minority as well but his freakin face looked so beady and greedy and sly he talked like a slimy carsalesman and him being chinese only made his ugliness worse for some odd reason. Like a bloated toad with chinky eyes in a cheap suit.

As for me beating up a person i like to say i never beat up a person who didnt have whats coming to them.
I came third in the U.S and Canada for martial arts in a national tournaments
and yes he was bad at fighting but he shouldnt of been so ****y and pug.
Later the same guy was shot in the back four times so this just proves he was bound to get a beating for trying to be what hes not.

I hope i solve this issue permantly and actually i really want to get outta this deal and then buy a beater for the next year or two save up and then either a get a new M5 or 2006 M3 or even another mercedes - CLS? or even a SLK55. And when i do you can bet im gonna pull up to that sh it for brains dealership and maybe wallow around like yup u ****'s coulda got a long time buyer but nope! AHaHhahha

if you think im immature then im only going on the same playing field as they are and they started it im gonna finish it.

Also i wil take them to court if i dont get my money back that way i got teh satisfaction this mishap cost them money even though at my expense i think thats money well spent!
Old 09-14-2004, 03:11 AM

'05 C230K SS
Old 09-14-2004, 05:47 AM

SLK55 AMG

Well i went to my dealership today to talk to the dealer about my order for the SLK350 last friday I talked to him and he told me that i could get back my order no problem since i canceled only the day before..(proboly the main reason decided i wanted the SLK350 again was the fact that it would put and end to all the drama this dealership has been giving me since they would only refund half my money back and half for a credit( $5000 total deposit).

Anyways the dealer told me to come to the dealership on monday in person and talk to them. So today i went there and right from the get go once again they are pissing me off big time! First they told me that i shouldnt have ordered the car and canceled 3 weeks later. Trying to put me on a guilt trip or wutver the reason. Then they said there was no way i could change the options after i ordered because "mercedes doesnt play games like that."
a average of once per year. Totalling almost $300,000 ( a c240, S430, and SLK350). I then replied I dont think thats true because i called mercedes canada and they told me its up to the discretion of the dealership if i can change my order. The manager looked startled he was fat and chinese and the look on his face but like a sour duckling with chinky eyes( im oriental so no offence to asian ppl i have slanty eyes too :P ) knowing all to well that he was getting caught in his own web of deciet.
Then he had the nerve to tell me that i have been playing games from the get go and his example of this was ( haha wait til you heaer this its soooo freakin funny)...his example for this was how i first ordered automatic and then changed to manual later on ... haha first of all i was treh one who orginaly wanted manual but they told me there was none for the north american market! Later thanks to this forum i came back there and demanded
I told them this and again the sour duck look came on is face he replied that they were not aware of this at the time plus i would know more cuz i visit the internet and are more aware of the options on upcoming cars. I said no i think your lying cause when i first talked to my dealer he showed me the book of the MSRP for the SLK350 and it was $64,500 when i asked if there was manual he said no tehre wasnt but then how come the automatic is a 1,500 dollar option!??!?! The freakin fat chinese thick eye glass wearing grreedy freakin BBQ pork belly dealer mumbled some things i coudlnt understand and then changed topics..saying he that my position for nov was taken and the best he could do is delivery of january..i told him this was not possible and i would like my full deposit back he then said he would call tommorow and see if i could take delivery in december. I told him i would have to recieve it within the first week of decemeber or i wanted my refund.
I then said i wanted the full refund and he replied i would have to talk to the manager regarding that matter if i cant get the car in the time i wanted.
lolz i wanted to test them if they would agree to these terms but it looks like they want to manipulate there tactics according to how they see fit until tomorrow. I called on friday and they said it was np to get back my order now it looks as though they are trying to give away my position to some other customer to get another sale and back logging me on a account of me canceling teh order its funny how they say they might be able to get me back my position but they will have to see. lol this is jokes it seems like every word coming out from there mouth is fu k in bu ll s hit.

I dont want a mercedes no more bring on the m3 even if it is going to be a dinosaur in two years i would take satisfaction knowing im not giving away my money to the slimebags at mercedes. Im not hating on all mercedes dealerships i met alot of cool dealers at other locations. But i can honestly say for now i do not want to own a mercedes at all at this present time.
This whole experience has been a nightmare and right now i am banning myslef on all cars mercedeshas to offer due to this incident.

and there is still a possibilty i will get the SLK350 but i certainly hope not its not even about the car no more.

I really hope to get the BMW M3 mercedes has lost a good customer and i will tell all my friends what happened and they all are rich ****'s who buy cars as often as the lastest fashion. Tommorow i have to go gain in and proboly wil have to fight tooth and nail to get what i want. I might even jumper over the desk tommorow and assault the fat chinese dealer and brake his glasses and then i would be somewaht satisfied

north american markets sux anyways, it isnt a chev or GM dealer, you wont get this in germany
Old 09-14-2004, 05:55 AM

SLK55 AMG

first of all u r in canada
2nd , how old are you ?
3rd maybe he thought ur dumb
4rth maybe u didnt look like u really wanted to buy it
5th (lets keep it a secret)
Old 09-14-2004, 11:14 AM

'13 SL550 '15 C400 4MATIC and a really old Honda Accord
My advice for you as a fellow Asian is to send this letter that you wrote (leaving out the cursing parts ofcourse) and send it to Mercedes Corporate or call them and tell them exactly how you felt. Tell them that money doesn't grow on trees and that it is difficult to gain customers like us who is pretty much loyal to Mercedes (you have had 2 cars from them). Mention that dude's name and the location of the Mercedes and demand that they contact you back after they resolve your problem. I had somewhat the same experience at one of the Mercedes dealer in the US. Contacted the regional manager and told him the whole story. After that, that stupid dealer was trying to kiss up to me but it was too late. They have lost a customer. The bottom line is state the fact with no emotion and be firm but fair.....
Old 09-14-2004, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
This kid/guy is a total idiot, no question about that.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Since we're on the topic:

I'm a 4th Degree Black Belt, 2001 & 2003 World Champ, State Champ in 2002.

Bragging Rights?

Also, I don't understand what your Martial Arts experience has to do with you "not" being soft and being able to beat someone up. If it was me, I would have had the $5k in my pocket the first day I went in.

Last edited by dinko; 09-14-2004 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by dinko
Since we're on the topic:

I'm a 4th Degree Black Belt, 2001 & 2003 World Champ, State Champ in 2002.

Bragging Rights?
so you want a medal or a monument? lol
Old 09-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Almost a Member!

As for me beating up a person i like to say i never beat up a person who didnt have whats coming to them.
and yes he was bad at fighting but he shouldnt of been so ****y and pug.
Later the same guy was shot in the back four times so this just proves he was bound to get a beating for trying to be what hes not.
Martial Arts is more about discipline and wisdom than it is about technique....And if you use those skills to intentionally beat up a guy (whether he deserved it or not), then you still have A LOT to learn....despite your ranking.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think there is no need for you to share your experience with us anymore as readers like me are getting more and more annoyed by your story.

Lets put you on his shoes, tell us what would you do? A guy walked in and said he wanted to buy a SLK350, sure, the salesman wrote up the order, you picked the options and put down a deposit. Every MB buyer in Canada knows, deposit is standard CAD1K, with the only exception of the SLR and Maybach. I still couldnt understand why you have put down a CAD5K deposit. Three weeks later, you called and said you wanted to cancel the order. Like every dealer would do, they will drag you for a while, keep saying things to make you change your mind, but in the end, they have to give you back the deposit. However, you are making such a big fuss out of it, called MB Canada, called here and there. Do you think the dealership will like a customer like that? All along we are hearing your side of the story, we dont know the actual conversation between you and the dealership. I am sure it MUST be biased when you're relaying your conversation in here. And what is even worse is the fact that you called them up again and said you wanted to keep the order a day later.

Just imagine if you are the sales manager, what would you do facing such a jacka$$ customer? Your attitude is completely wrong. Please STOP thinking that you are "somebody" by reminding yourself that you've been referring business to them three years in a row etc etc....Do you know that they dont care and dont give a damn??? 3 cars in 3 years is nothing (actually, you only leased a C-class from them, the S-class doesnt count as your purchase). Do you think they will cry if they lost you as a customer (especially such a troublesome customer)??? If I were the sales manager, I would given you the same answer: we dont play games like that. They have your money, you asked for a refund of deposit, they said no, you pushed them further, they said okay, now you want to reinstate the order, what do you expect them to do??? The is something called "bottom line", the world just doesnt keep turning around you. What happen if you want to cancel the order again two weeks later? If I were the salesman, I would drive you to the BMW dealership and ask you to buy a M3 instead.

Look at how you treat others before complaining how others are treating you.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
all the people that i have ever fought in the street or in a bar/club that have claimed to be a black belt or have some kung fu/ninja abilities never came close to putting up a fight. i agree that its all about technique and body and all that stuff, i took karate when i was a kid. street fighting is alot different from any other kind of fighting, theres no rules. ive seen golden gloves winners get beat down in the street.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by Harris
I think there is no need for you to share your experience with us anymore as readers like me are getting more and more annoyed by your story.

Lets put you on his shoes, tell us what would you do? A guy walked in and said he wanted to buy a SLK350, sure, the salesman wrote up the order, you picked the options and put down a deposit. Every MB buyer in Canada knows, deposit is standard CAD1K, with the only exception of the SLR and Maybach. I still couldnt understand why you have put down a CAD5K deposit. Three weeks later, you called and said you wanted to cancel the order. Like every dealer would do, they will drag you for a while, keep saying things to make you change your mind, but in the end, they have to give you back the deposit. However, you are making such a big fuss out of it, called MB Canada, called here and there. Do you think the dealership will like a customer like that? All along we are hearing your side of the story, we dont know the actual conversation between you and the dealership. I am sure it MUST be biased when you're relaying your conversation in here. And what is even worse is the fact that you called them up again and said you wanted to keep the order a day later.

Just imagine if you are the sales manager, what would you do facing such a jacka$$ customer? Your attitude is completely wrong. Please STOP thinking that you are "somebody" by reminding yourself that you've been referring business to them three years in a row etc etc....Do you know that they dont care and dont give a damn??? 3 cars in 3 years is nothing (actually, you only leased a C-class from them, the S-class doesnt count as your purchase). Do you think they will cry if they lost you as a customer (especially such a troublesome customer)??? If I were the sales manager, I would given you the same answer: we dont play games like that. They have your money, you asked for a refund of deposit, they said no, you pushed them further, they said okay, now you want to reinstate the order, what do you expect them to do??? The is something called "bottom line", the world just doesnt keep turning around you. What happen if you want to cancel the order again two weeks later? If I were the salesman, I would drive you to the BMW dealership and ask you to buy a M3 instead.

Look at how you treat others before complaining how others are treating you.
couldnt have said it better myself. now lets keep talking about street fighting and karate. come on, im sure you guys saw that rocky where tommy gun and rocky go at it in the street...lol
Old 09-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Almost a Member!

Nowadays, people don't streetfight anymore, they get shot.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by Lirim318
or getting shot is the result of kicking someone elses ***!
Old 09-14-2004, 04:13 PM

'05 C230K SS
Originally Posted by Lirim318
Reminds me of that scene in Indiana Jones.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:19 PM

Dealers can be such a PITA at times, but I am with Harris on this one..... Why and what made you put down 5K as a deposit anyway?? I remember back then when my parents bought the 400SE back in 1992, they was only requested 500 as desposit.... 500 - 1000 is the usual amount for deposit unless you are going after rare breeds like Maybach(60K deposit) or SLR(100K - 150K).....

Also, dealers should have everything, in prints or in comp database, regarding ALL options at the time, or even before, the MSRP is released.... So, I don't see how they "were not aware of it"..... But I can imagine the anxiety the dealer suffers.... What if you cancel this car, too?? An SLK350 w/manual would be very hard for them to sell..... Just look at how many manual SLK320 they sold, and you got the idea..... Of course, there are other factors to consider, such as color combination you ordered, options you picked.... etc. A silver/black SLK would no doubt be an easier sell, then say, Green/tan......

If your car is NOT in production yet, I can't see how dealer can't refund your deposit.....
Old 09-14-2004, 05:27 PM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
yah its true and yes i see alotta people say they know fung fu blablabla and then get there asses kicked. But i been a natural born fighter all my life
Ive taken taw kwon do, hapkido , karate, street fighting(Pankration) guy who trained me was in the UFC and ive done judo for about 11 years. I ve been in numerous street fights up until about 20 which i like ot think i grew out of them. Honestly street fighting is street fighting its not martial arts, i think in my opinion martial arts is just that -an art. Its a way of life a philosphy.
Its these hollywood movies and stupid kids who wanna kick ppl asses and think getting a black belt makes them tough which make martial arts look bad.
I know some clubz which gve you your blackbelt as long as you come and give them money. So eventually you can say "i got a blackbelt!"
But i also know that anyone with a blackbelt and has some true skills in martial arts could most likely take out a normal person trying to throw hay swings and one punch wonders. Infact the martial art i am good at (judo)
is mainly grappling and chokes and armlocks not many people thought it was very effective thinking striking was the most effective. But that all changed when UFC came in the picture anyone who didnt know grappling would of been toast. Now you see fighters that mainly strike go back to the drawing board and have to learn quite a bit of grappling just so that they dont get caught in a arm bar or leg lock. Someone who knows how to apply these locks can do it to someone so easily and quick your elbow would bust in front of you before you even knew what was coming. My trainers are all bad as ****'s when there in the bars and they get into a fight o man they can shi t ki ck and there big tall white dudes ith about 20 years of intense judo training on there resume and believe me if you met one of these guys somwhere and they said they knew martial arts so don't **** with them trust me you dont wanan **** with them
but then again they wouldnt say that in the first place and there really nice guys but if there alil drunk and get pissed off for whatever reason its gonnabe trouble on the recieving end.

I;m not being ****y I just like to fight although street fights are dirty and yes usually will end up with one person being shot or chopped. I prefer a set of rules shake hands and then duke it out. At the end victory or defeat shake hands like men. I think theres a saying that you truly do not know yourself until your in a fight.

O btw im gonna go into the dealership soon in liek 2 hours and give em hell.
I dont care about the money no more.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:39 PM

'05 C230K SS
Dude, why do you get into so many fights in the first place?
Old 09-14-2004, 07:41 PM

In Chicago we don't worry about "black belts". We have "blued" Smith & Wessons. Damn effective.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: SLK/R171: the DRAMA continues: part 2