SLK/R171: OSRAM Fog Light Compatibility

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2022, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
‘08 (FL) SLK 200 Kompressor
OSRAM Fog Light Compatibility

Hi!

I’m very interested in buying this pair of OSRAM fog lights: OSRAM LedFog (LEDFOG101) for MY08 (FL) SLK with AMG style exterior pack - so, with round 90mm fog lights. I find it very interesting because is ECE approved, so no problems with annual technical inspection. I also considered a LED kit, but those bulbs are not legal in my country. Only few EU countries allow some OSRAM and Philips H7 LED upgrades (Germany, Croatia and maybe more).
Back to OSRAM fog lights, I checked the compatibility chart and Mercedes is not one of the supported brands: vehicle finder . I suppose that is partially because of the warning light in dash - no CANBUS. I know they will technically fit, but I have some doubts on installation process:
They want to connect both LED modules to one single fog light plug, because it’s enough to power them both. I don’t see any mentions about burnt bulb warning light. Those listed brands doesn’t warn drivers for burnt bulbs?

Finally my doubts about this product are:

1. How should I install the load resistors to make it work without errors (one side of the plug has to be disconnected)?
2. I supposed the cornering feature of my car should be disabled and make it work only using the OSRAM module. Is there a way of making them work like the original cornering lamps?
3. Has anyone installed some of these? There are a few more variants.

Thank you!

Last edited by Vladimir Ivanov; 11-26-2022 at 05:51 AM.