SLK32 AMG (R170) 2001 - 2004: Discuss the SLK32 AMG.

Hitting Rev Limiter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crossfire SRT-6
Hitting Rev Limiter

Hi guys,

I wanted to check to see of any of you SLK32 guys are having the same issue I am. Under hard, wide open throttle accelerations, just before the car shifts from 1st gear into 2nd gear, I hit the rev limiter, and the car practically stands on its nose. It then shifts into 2nd gear and resumes the hard acceleration as if nothing had happened.

First of all, is this normal? I expected that in an automatic transmission car, there was no physical way to ever hit the rev limiter.

Secondly, since the rev limiter is a fuel cutoff type system, isn't that creating a lean condition in the engine right when I'm at maximum RPM (the worst possible time)? Is there a way to solve this issue? Can an aftermarket ECU tune fix this by moving the rev limiter or shift point at wide open throttle?

Eric
Old 11-16-2007, 11:56 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, an aftermarket tune will fix this problem, you can get in on the special have right now for tuning...

please let me know if you have any questions...thanks!

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/218467-evotech-tuning-introductory-special-letmotorsports-c32-slk32-srt-6-a.html