SLK32 AMG (R170) 2001 - 2004: Discuss the SLK32 AMG.

would you buy a wrecked slk32?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
would you buy a wrecked slk32?

would anyone consider a damaged slk32 ? i want 1 desperately but dont borrow money so i have to pay cash. i found 1 with front end damage that i can ppay for then repair as the funds come in. what do you think? are parts availabe? the title iis clear but if i decide to sell do you think the resale will be worth the repairs?
thanx for all your input
Old 10-13-2008, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
I say you should just wait until you can afford what you really want, which I assume is a 100% workin SLK32...it'll be worth it more if you do it that way. Just my input.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:49 PM

C32 AMG
Repair costs will kill the deal.
Trust me I did get in to accident with a little front end damage.
Check out this thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...701&highlight=
insurance company paid over $9000 for those repairs.
Save your cash and buy 100% working car.
Regards Jack
Old 10-13-2008, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
You will be broke because of the AMG PARTS...so save your cash until u can get WORKING one....
Old 10-13-2008, 04:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
would anyone consider a damaged slk32 ? i want 1 desperately but dont borrow money so i have to pay cash. i found 1 with front end damage that i can ppay for then repair as the funds come in. what do you think? are parts availabe? the title iis clear but if i decide to sell do you think the resale will be worth the repairs?
thanx for all your input
How much? I think you should go for it if it's just cosmetic. You can find really cheap body parts. If it's structural then no.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
ouch jacek! i was quoted 3500 to 4500$ for an entire front clip. i would guess most of your cost was labor and paint?
Old 10-14-2008, 02:56 AM

SLK 55 AMG
You know, I would really avoid buying a wrecked car. Unless you can get an incredible deal, a vehicle is almost always going to cost more in the long run if you fix them up after an accident. Different things will go wrong, squeaks and rattles will appear, strange CEL's might begin lighting up etc...

But ultimately, the biggest reason why you should not go for the car right now is because you quite simply don't have the funds. I hate to burst your bubble, but be careful how you spend your money. Something might come up and you'll need the money you just spent on buying a wrecked vehicle, and that could really sting you. Not only will you have a broken car in your garage that you probably can't drive (not allowed to if in not tip top shape, i.e. cops might give you a citation like they would over here), but you will also have other bills that could begin to mount on top making your life very difficult.

Remember, cars are typically not an investment, and some cars can really hurt you financially if you do the wrong kind of (hasty) decision. I'd say in this case you should probably hold out, save your money, and when you find the right car, buy that. SLK32's won't go anywhere, there will still be some 10 years from now if you can wait.

Just don't let buying a car bring you to financial turmoil.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
shinigami you are the first person on more than 5 website forums that think in a cash way as i do. thank you for that. this particular car or any other would be my toy. i have a pickup truck and a regular car that i use to go to work and back. all cash cars. i dont borrow money so even if it sat for a few yrs it still wouldnt cost me. the money i have saved for a slk is money set aside for just such a toy. it is great to know that im not the only crazy guy in this credit card borrow money world!