SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Designo Crisis!! :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my suggestion (good idea for anyone looking to get a car for their kids, actually): have the loan in your parents name with you as a co-signer. The rate is based off of the credit history of the primary applicant. This will help you build your credit so next time you won't need their help.

As I've gotten older, I've learned to accept it as a sort of flattery that nobody believes me -- it just means that I'm that much further ahead of the curve.

I buy cars very frequently, but I stopped going to the dealerships all together. I have a broker who will find me anything I want and won't jerk me around. The only time I have to deal with a sales weenie is when a car is available for local pickup. I find it entertaining, in a twisted sort of way, to go in looking like I slept through my 11am class and see how long it takes someone to help me when I've already bought something from them... :p

Last edited by naadp; 03-12-2005 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
naadp...how much does your broker charge for his/her service? I feel you on the service you get if you don't look like you just came off the set of the Apprentice. I only go to the dealership like I'm ready to play some golf and see if I get any decent sales attention.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the C32 he charged a flat fee of $500. He makes his money on volume.

He managed to get it for invoice which I have NEVER heard of on an AMG. It worked out to be right about 54k with tags, shipping from out of state, and the broker fee -- the sticker was 61k. He moved to a different company about 4 months ago, so I'm not sure about their rates. I'd assume it's pretty comparable.

PM me if you want contact info.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:23 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AMGfan
naadp...how much does your broker charge for his/her service? I feel you on the service you get if you don't look like you just came off the set of the Apprentice. I only go to the dealership like I'm ready to play some golf and see if I get any decent sales attention.
I bought my first Mercedes wearing work clothes from my friends demolition site. It took me about 4 dealerships to get someone to serve me. Naturally I bought the car there and then.