SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Picking Up SLK350 on Wednesday Finally! Quick Question!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picking Up SLK350 on Wednesday Finally! Quick Question!

Hello Guys,

New at this forum but I have a question regarding factory installed options at the dealer.

It seems in Vancouver BC, Canada it is unheard of to get a manual gearbox in any Mercedes, I had to special order. I left my deposit as usual however, 1 month into it I had a change of heart. I wanted to purchase the sport package instead but the dealer told me that I could not change my order because they would not be able to sell the manual gearbox equipped car here.

Now, the car is here and I am to pick it up however I really wanted the factory aero package on the car. I can do wheels myself not a problem but I find that the factory Aerodynamics are hard to duplicate for fit and finish.

Does MB have a dealer installed Aero Kit for the Vehicle? If not, do I have to purchase this vehicle since I ordered it? The dealer says they will hold my deposit until the vehicle sells, can they do this?

Any help is appreciatted.

Thanks

Raymond
Old 04-16-2005, 09:15 PM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by morad
Hello Guys,

New at this forum but I have a question regarding factory installed options at the dealer.

It seems in Vancouver BC, Canada it is unheard of to get a manual gearbox in any Mercedes, I had to special order. I left my deposit as usual however, 1 month into it I had a change of heart. I wanted to purchase the sport package instead but the dealer told me that I could not change my order because they would not be able to sell the manual gearbox equipped car here.

Now, the car is here and I am to pick it up however I really wanted the factory aero package on the car. I can do wheels myself not a problem but I find that the factory Aerodynamics are hard to duplicate for fit and finish.

Does MB have a dealer installed Aero Kit for the Vehicle? If not, do I have to purchase this vehicle since I ordered it? The dealer says they will hold my deposit until the vehicle sells, can they do this?

Any help is appreciatted.

Thanks

Raymond
You don't have to buy that car and you do get your $1000 down payment back. I had the same situation, instead I went from 350 to 55 AMG. Anyway, they have no right to hold your money and force you to buy that car. That is really bad customer service up in that MB dealership. And they should not have a problem selling that car.

This is my advice, cancel your order. Take that $1000 dollars back and order a new SLK with what you want.

Good luck! And I hope you get what you want.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can get either the AMG sport package kit or the SLK55 kit for you. If thats the only thing holding up your decision on picking up the car, you dont have to worry. Shoot me an e-mail or give me a call, I live in the same city as you.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Almost a Member!

97' BMW 328is (E36)
hey harris does the 55 kit fit on 350 tho?....i thought 55 has a wider body
Old 04-17-2005, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bfung
hey harris does the 55 kit fit on 350 tho?....i thought 55 has a wider body
Yes, the 55 kit can be fitted on a 350. The body of the two cars are the same.