SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

AMG Chrome Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1975 Ford Pinto
AMG Chrome Wheels

Anybody have OEM AMG Chrome wheels on a silver SLK55?

Please post pics.... Thanks

I found this in ebay, they are local to me and I'm going to check these wheels out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Old 08-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Almost a Member!

'06 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by cjmegha
Anybody have OEM AMG Chrome wheels on a silver SLK55?

Please post pics.... Thanks

I found this in ebay, they are local to me and I'm going to check these wheels out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
cjmegha: I was considering these to replace the stock wheels if I can't find a deep lip wheel to fit. Let us know what you find with the look and quality of these wheels. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:58 AM

1975 Ford Pinto
These wheels are all good, I exchanged my std finish AMG Wheels for the chromed AMG wheels for $550.00 Cash!!! Chrome plated wheels come with 1yr war. I had Goodyear spin the wheels before the tire was mounted to make sure these wheels were not bent.

All in all, I am very pleased....chrome

FYI 98Indy---- If you purchase the next set... you might get my old wheels... they have my old wheels and they will be getting them chromed.

Last edited by cjmegha; 08-16-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Almost a Member!

'06 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by cjmegha
These wheels are all good, I exchanged my std finish AMG Wheels for the chromed AMG wheels for $550.00 Cash!!! Chrome plated wheels come with 1yr war. I had Goodyear spin the wheels before the tire was mounted to make sure these wheels were not bent.

All in all, I am very pleased....chrome

FYI 98Indy---- If you purchase the next set... you might get my old wheels... they have my old wheels and they will be getting them chromed.
cjmegha: Is that a good thing or a bad thing? (Were your wheels in good shape) What color is your car? Please post some pictures if possible. Thanks!!
Old 08-17-2005, 07:21 AM
Almost a Member!

Sorry to breaks your hearts, but chrome wheels = cheese. It's good for pimp my ride and MTV cribs, so if you fit into that crowd then go all the way, but otherwise? Uncool.

Friends don't let friends do chrome.

Last edited by benz-aficionado; 08-17-2005 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by benz-aficionado
Sorry to breaks your hearts, but chrome wheels = cheese. It's good for pimp my ride and MTV cribs, so if you fit into that crowd then go all the way, but otherwise? Uncool.

i beg to differ with you on this, as most of the wheels which i have seen seem to boring. i have the amg five spoke chrome wheels on my blk slk and everyone's fist comments are on how amazing the wheels look on the car!
Old 08-17-2005, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Originally Posted by benz-aficionado

lol.. I second that.... chrome imho cheapens the car, probably due to how I was introduce to them back in the early 90's. It was an alternative to low rider wire wheels (daytons). Ppl chrome there wheels in 15"s, looks tacky and cheap, to this day, I can't accept chrome. Chrome belongs on SUV's and low riders, not sport cars...