SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Will Brabus products and engine upgrades void MBZ warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 55 AMG

One guy on the forums told me that it does not void the warranty. So I went to my dealership near by and asked the service guy and he said that it will. Then I went to a car store and the salesman said that brabus does not void the warranty. So I go again to my service guy and he said it still does. So I went to Las Vegas and in the Forum shops as Ceaser's Palace there is this store called exotic cars. (very nice, go check it out, there is a brabus sl 600 and a brabus slk 350, F40, Lotus, Shelby, Speedstar, Lambos, DB9, etc) Anyway, I talk to the salesman and he said that Brabus has a contract with MBZ stating that any products or engine upgrades put on a MBZ car and installed by a licensed Brabus mechanic, will not void the warranty.

So I just want to know if Brabus will void my warranty. I have the seven year/100,000 mile thing. Does anybody know if Kleemann has a contract with MBZ. I prefer to go with that company because of the SLK 55 K8. I want that 600 hp. It beats the SLR! If I do get an engine upgrade from Brabus, it will be 440 hp. What about Carlsson, Lorinezor, DMT (I think DMT is wrong, maybe some other letters).
Old 08-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Depends. Doing the Brabus mods means that Brabus will take over your remainder of your warranty.

Basically, say you get Brabus engine mods and those mods directly (rarely happens) cause a failure. Brabus will cover it if it's the mods that caused it directly.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
thanks, I think the other companies are DTM, MKB, and Renntech. but if anyone knows about Kleemann, I want that one mostly... Does Kleemann/Brabus cover the warranty if you put an engine upgrade on a MBZ car?
Old 08-17-2005, 04:58 AM

SLK 55 AMG
My dealer told me that Brabus is the only official tuner for MB's, thus it will not void their warranty. On top of that, Brabus provides a 3 year warranty on engine work.

My dealer won't provide this type of warranty for the other tuners however...