SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

On its way!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2005 | 12:41 AM

On its way!

Dealer called today to let me know that my 55 (Mars Red, Black/Ash, 319 Lighting, 326 Premium, 420 Entertainment/Nav, Airscarf, Sirius) will be arriving in Los Angeles on or about Nov. 18th. Should hit the dealer in SF area within a week after that, which would have me picking it up on the 27th, after my return from Thanksgiving holiday.

Can't wait!
Old 11-03-2005 | 02:31 AM
Almost a Member!

'05 Diamond Black C230K
Woohoo! Congrats.

Curious, when did you place the order?
Old 11-03-2005 | 05:41 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 SLK55 AMG
Also curious if you can track you car on this web site. Click on Cargo, then Auto Cargo, then type in your VIN. I am curious if it shows up. Mine was supposed to be on the Elektra leaving today but it doesn't show up on this site.

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp
Old 11-04-2005 | 12:39 PM

Order placement and cargo info

Placed my order, if memory serves, on October 1 -- the dealer already had an order in the production queue that no customer had committed to, so I was able to grab the spot. The dealer was also able to make some changes to the order (paint and interior colors, etc.) more or less in real time, even though the order was already in the queue -- quite a nice difference from my wife's recent order of a BMW 330i, where she wanted to make some (minor) changes one day after ordering and was told "once it's entered, we can't change it!"

On the cargo question: I don't have my VIN (dealer has it, obviously, but seems a little protective of it for some reason), so couldn't try it. An (ignorant) question: should the VIN be available to me at this point as a matter of routine? It would save my dealer rep some time having to respond to my phone calls about where my car is!

Thanks,

Gary
Old 11-04-2005 | 12:58 PM
Almost a Member!

SLK55, Infiniti M45 Sport
Yes, the VIN number should most certainly be available to you on the next update the dealer has after the vehicle is produced.

There is NO reason at all to hide it from you, unless they have something to hide.

Which dealer is this?

The delivery date sounds just about right towards the end of November if you finalized the order on October 1st.

How much did you get off MSRP? I was able to haggle it down to $1700 off MSRP on my SLK55, plus I got a good bit chopped off the lease by pitting another lease company against them. Order was placed right at the end of August and the vehicle hit the dealer on Nov 1st. (MB of Oakland).
Old 11-04-2005 | 03:23 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 SLK55 AMG
Gary, my dealer gave me the VIN with no questions asked. They also said my car was status B7 and would be shipped November 3rd. I still can't use my VIN to get a status on the posted web site as it constantly says it can't find any info on my VIN. I am curious if anyone else is on this ship (Elektra) and can find there status?
Old 11-04-2005 | 08:22 PM

More info

Dealer is Autobahn in Belmont. I think I'll just need to be more blunt in asking for the VIN, and that it will not be a problem.

Great website for tracking shipments! At least I think so -- of course, if it doesn't show your shipment when you type in your VIN, might not be as great as I think.

I did find one of their ships that's going to LA with the right timing -- fingers crossed that my car's on there!

Will keep folks current as I learn more.

Trending Topics

Old 11-10-2005 | 07:53 PM

Got the last 7 digits of the VIN

...along with to-the-penny final pricing, etc. I'll be calling the dealer soon to check on shipment progress -- my hope is that it's on the Turandot, which should have cleared the Panama Canal by now.
Old 11-10-2005 | 08:43 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 SLK55 AMG
Gary, my car now shows up on the web site. It left Bremerhaven today onboard the Boheme. Get your VIN and check out the web site to see if your car is on the way!
Old 11-10-2005 | 09:47 PM

Fantastic!

Delighted to hear that you got verification. I'll get the additional info and see what I find.
Old 11-11-2005 | 01:17 AM

2006 SLK 55
Smile Vin

Tell your dealer that your insurance company and/or finance company need the VIN to prepare the paperwork in advance of your purchase. that worked for me.