SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Wheel & tire guarantee from dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 R8
Wheel & tire guarantee from dealer

Has any dealers offered you this? It's from R.O.A.D. InTire.
Covers the wheels and tires at 100% replacement for any type damage. Price quoted for the 55 was $490.00 for 5 years. My dealer says any Mercedes dealer will handle the claims. I never buy extented warranties but this sounds pretty tempting.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Collections Ban

Lorinser
That actually sounds like a killer deal. Usually warranties on wheels apply only to manufacturer defects and not incidentals like curb rash, pot holes, etc. etc... If they will cover any damage for 5 years and you plan on keeping the factory setup for a while... why not? If your tires wear down and you get a nail, do they give you new tires? It may be worth it just for that.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:57 PM

2010 R8
Originally Posted by Ken Uyeda
That actually sounds like a killer deal. Usually warranties on wheels apply only to manufacturer defects and not incidentals like curb rash, pot holes, etc. etc... If they will cover any damage for 5 years and you plan on keeping the factory setup for a while... why not? If your tires wear down and you get a nail, do they give you new tires? It may be worth it just for that.
Per info off their web site it is not prorated. So I would take that to mean that if you pick up a nail and tire is not repairable they would replace it.