SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Parktronic Part #'s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2005 | 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Parktronic Part #'s

Could someone please dig up ALL necessary part #'s for parktronic? Would a new front/rear bumber be required or just the strips in the middle replaced?

Thanks in advance,

Dinko
Old 11-10-2005 | 08:17 PM

06 SLK55
Originally Posted by dinko
Could someone please dig up ALL necessary part #'s for parktronic? Would a new front/rear bumber be required or just the strips in the middle replaced?

Thanks in advance,

Dinko
Dinko,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Don't ruin that sweet tight smooth rear end with those unsightly pimples!

Plus, come on man its like 3 ft from your head to the back of the car, parktronic is for SUV's and minivans NOT tiny little rocket roadsters. I know you have upgrade fever but if you get these you are . Anyone live close to Dinko that could give him a to get him back in the right frame of mind.

Remember the upgrade motto: if it doesn't make it faster, corner better, sound better or look better it is useless junk!!
Old 11-10-2005 | 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Originally Posted by Falco
Dinko,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Don't ruin that sweet tight smooth rear end with those unsightly pimples!

Plus, come on man its like 3 ft from your head to the back of the car, parktronic is for SUV's and minivans NOT tiny little rocket roadsters. I know you have upgrade fever but if you get these you are . Anyone live close to Dinko that could give him a to get him back in the right frame of mind.

Remember the upgrade motto: if it doesn't make it faster, corner better, sound better or look better it is useless junk!!
I'm sorry man, had a stressful day. What if I find a way to hide the pimples?

Dinko
Old 11-10-2005 | 09:32 PM

06 SLK55
I'm sorry man, had a stressful day. What if I find a way to hide the pimples?

Dinko
Ok, glad to see you snapped out of it!!! Hmmm...if there was a way to reatin the smooth rear and install it i would be ok with you doing that!!!
Old 11-10-2005 | 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Dinko,

What nonsense. You can hardly see them up close which is why you need a new bumper to have them fitted.

Please limit yourself to comments based on experience .... we hope to hear from you again.
Old 11-10-2005 | 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified

Thanks in advance,

Dinko
- new bumpers
- wiring harness (4)
- sensors
- sensor holders
- front warning display
- rear warning display
- switch button
- control module
- various attachment hardware

Best person to buy the kit from is Steve.
Old 11-10-2005 | 10:28 PM

06 SLK55
Originally Posted by benzmodz
What nonsense. You can hardly see them up close which is why you need a new bumper to have them fitted.

Please limit yourself to comments based on experience .... we hope to hear from you again.
Ummm...yeah what you said

Notice also i said it isn't necessary on a car like this...but your superiority has made me change my mind ... can someone point me in the diretion of a backup monitor for my motorcyle... :p

Oh and BTW Dinko new i was making fun of him and i disagree, partronic does not look good on a sports car and looks only mediocre on others...Sorry that i have an opinion...

Last edited by Falco; 11-10-2005 at 10:48 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 11-11-2005 | 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Ummm...yeah what you said

Notice also i said it isn't necessary on a car like this...but your superiority has made me change my mind ... can someone point me in the diretion of a backup monitor for my motorcyle... :p

Oh and BTW Dinko new i was making fun of him and i disagree, partronic does not look good on a sports car and looks only mediocre on others...Sorry that i have an opinion...
Last time I saw an SL65 go past I remember thinking to myself .....

" that car is no good, just look at the parking sensors .... "

Obviously you have not seen them on the SLK. As for being superior I think it was I that made the first joke and you didnt even notice
Old 11-11-2005 | 01:58 AM

06 SLK55
Last time I saw an SL65 go past I remember thinking to myself .....

" that car is no good, just look at the parking sensors .... "

Obviously you have not seen them on the SLK. As for being superior I think it was I that made the first joke and you didnt even notice

All in good jest!

Oh and the SL65 is over 18 inches longer and has more blind spots so it MAY need it
Old 11-11-2005 | 05:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
All in good jest!

Oh and the SL65 is over 18 inches longer and has more blind spots so it MAY need it
There would be so many people looking at it as you reverse park that you only need to gauge the face of an onlooker. :p
Old 11-11-2005 | 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
You guys having a bad day or something?

I'm just throwing out an idea I had, and I know Falco was kidding.

Dinko
Old 11-11-2005 | 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
I'm with Falco on this one. Why the need, when I pull into a parking space, I use only half of it. I know the car is deceiving, you really can't tell how much space from the front and back but does it matter? Everytime I back up into a parking space thinking I'll hit something but when I look I'm like a mile away but, I still have four feet in front of me, parktronic is a waste of money on this tiny car.
Old 11-11-2005 | 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
I just wanted to put more options on the car. Oh well... moving on.

Dinko
Old 11-11-2005 | 05:16 PM

06 SLK55
There would be so many people looking at it as you reverse park that you only need to gauge the face of an onlooker. :p
Well in that case i can see the worth!!! :p You should of just pointed this out to me in the 1st place