SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Passport Laser shifter stealth install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2005 | 01:30 PM

06 SLK55 AMG Firemist/Blk
Passport Laser shifter stealth install

Just had my Passport SR 7 plus Shifters installed and install is completely integrated and extremely stealthy. Jim of Autoccessories (same person who installed my iPod kit) arrived a 8:59 am (1 minute early) and pulled out at 11:45 am. It is a very professional job and he really pays attention to details. He used felt under the shifters so over time they would not squeak or rub the paint. All wiring was done following factory wiring and the trunk required a lot more snaking to accommodate the dual opening nature. It has 2 front shifters located above the fog lights and 1 rear located above the licenses plate. The radar receiver is located passenger side behind the lower grill. The display fits perfectly between the pods. Can't wait to try it out.

Old 11-16-2005 | 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
................very nice. I see you are in Cobb County. You can actually have the display inserted within your rear view mirror. This can be done by Matt at the High Fi Buys store in Buckhead or by a guy called Biscuit at The Hi Fi Buys store at The Mall of Georgia.

Ted
Old 11-16-2005 | 05:30 PM

2006 SLK 55 AMG
I have the 8500 and the ZR-3 installed in mine! It should be the same thing/effectiveness but I don't know if your SR-7 has the POP function or not.

Another thing is that, when I had my C32 I installed the front jammers behind (but touching) the lower black grill (mesh). It worked great!! Now I have it in the same place but kind of separeted.....I got a ticket recently with laser and I tend to think it was my fault because I (as a reflex) inmediatelly pressed the mute/dissabling botton and got me at speed or did I get it because of the position far back behind the mesh.

My position is obviuosly more sublte but maybe less effective. The instructions state "unobstructed view of the road paralell to the road". So, I guess that's also my fault!

So far satisfied (exept for my stupid mistake) with the ZR-3.

Congrats!! Looks great!

JMC
Old 11-16-2005 | 05:33 PM

2006 SLK 55 AMG
https://mbworld.org/forums/slk55-r171/121550-zr-3-laser-passport-hardwired.html