SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

VIDEO: Kleemann Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
I'm sure they're more than fun, but how about daily use? Is it ok for lots of driving around the city?

Dinko
Old 01-01-2006, 04:46 PM

2006 SLK55 AMG; 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8; and 2004 PT Cruiser GT Turbo (Modified)
Thumbs up

Interesting that the spirited communication fostered a common bond based on the SLK55 and speed...... Great Stuff - Thanks
Old 01-01-2006, 05:33 PM

SLK55
Thanks for the pics!

Looks like someone got:
Old 01-01-2006, 06:00 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by dinko
I'm sure they're more than fun, but how about daily use? Is it ok for lots of driving around the city?

Dinko
Sure. Its very streetable. My wife & I commute to work in it when its not raining. You can drive it in the rain but just keep the ESP engaged & you are fine (mucho torque in the wet without ESP engaged is not advisable IMO). There is a deep/evil exhaust roar under ANY type of acceleration, but hey, if you want a more subdued exhaust note - just don't get the headers or exhaust (less noise, less power is OK too - everyone has their own preference). I'm sure you get people checking out your SLK, but with this engine burble, they tend to stare a bit more after hearing it I guess?

Kleemann's blower provides a nice fat, but linear, power delivery system (unlike cars with a big turbo which hits you all at once which looks like a tree "spike" on the dyno). Another benefit of the 7G combined with all the torque is there is NEVER a need to manually downshift. You step on the gas & the SLK is just gone due to the availability of 565 ft lbs of torque by 2,000 RPM. Its not like a high strung Ferrari where you have to rev to 6,000 RPM to really get moving. The blown SLK has big torque down low, something less "streetable" cars sometimes lack IMO. I hope my 2 cents helps Dinko?

-Matt
Old 01-01-2006, 06:33 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Originally Posted by Yellow R1
Another benefit of the 7G combined with all the torque is there is NEVER a need to manually downshift. You step on the gas & the SLK is just gone due to the availability of 565 ft lbs of torque by 2,000 RPM. Its not like a high strung Ferrari where you have to rev to 6,000 RPM to really get moving. The blown SLK has big torque down low, something less "streetable" cars sometimes lack IMO. I hope my 2 cents helps Dinko?

-Matt
Matt,

So do you drive in M mode alot? I ask because you mention there's no need to downshift, but the car will downshift if you get just a little aggressive with the throttle in S or C mode. Just wondering if your driving habits changed since getting the upgrades.

Dan
Old 01-02-2006, 05:57 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by dsb
Matt,

So do you drive in M mode alot? I ask because you mention there's no need to downshift, but the car will downshift if you get just a little aggressive with the throttle in S or C mode. Just wondering if your driving habits changed since getting the upgrades.

Dan
M Mode = "Man Mode" . C Mode = "Comfort Mode". Who needs comfort shifting - its a sports car .

My point earlier was that with more available torque, the car does not downshift as often as before (you need not depress the accelerator as far or have the RPMs climb as high to "tell" the car to downshift - even in "M"....the car just takes off ). Hope this makes more sense. See ya Dan.

-Matt
Old 01-02-2006, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Cool... now get a better camera, will you?

Dinko
Old 01-03-2006, 04:09 AM

SLK 55 AMG
Cool pics of the Kleemann SC!

I wish there were some better looking "large" rims out there. Having a larger contact patch seems to be just about a requirement for the SLK, but most rims which are wider (by a great deal), just don't do it for me

Have you got the Kleemann LSD on your car? That might eliminate the ESP kicking in and wanking around with your morse-code street burning. Shave a few tenths of a second off, no?

Wish I could take my savings and SC my 55 as well...
Old 01-03-2006, 04:50 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by Shinigami
Cool pics of the Kleemann SC!

I wish there were some better looking "large" rims out there. Having a larger contact patch seems to be just about a requirement for the SLK, but most rims which are wider (by a great deal), just don't do it for me

Have you got the Kleemann LSD on your car? That might eliminate the ESP kicking in and wanking around with your morse-code street burning. Shave a few tenths of a second off, no?

Wish I could take my savings and SC my 55 as well...
Yes sir, "twin morse code strips" refers to having an LSD already installed. Without an LSD, the car's traction would be obviously be further compromised which was why I immediately opted for it (comes with the S7 upgrades). 245s vs 590 Hp = tires lose. Even with 275s, the tires will lose. However, a little more rubber will help . See ya.

-Matt