SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

KeylessGo Retrofit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL55
KeylessGo Retrofit?

Hey guys, I was wondering what your thoughts were on retrofitting KeylessGo for the SLK? It looks like you can use the same door handle and shift knob from the SL. I know Sunil has retrofitting his C class with KeylessGo and was wondering how hard it would be to do it.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by xaveon
I know Sunil has retrofitting his C class with KeylessGo and was wondering how hard it would be to do it.
...but does it work???

Unless you have 1) extreme good contacts within the mercedes organisation that also know a bit about their product AND 2) lots of time to fool around with the car AND 3) lots of money to order more parts when previously ordered parts don't seem to work - keyless go retrofit is pretty much undoable (which is something different then impossible).

greetingz,
Old 04-01-2006, 09:15 AM

SLK55 AMG, BMW X5 3.0d Sport
And what would be the point in doing this ? What benefits does it bring, I can only see disadvantages and have experienced these with my previous Audi A8
Old 04-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Almost a Member!

I know Sunil has retrofitting his C class with KeylessGo and was wondering how hard it would be to do it.
I don't remember which forum it was but I remember reading a few months ago about some guy w/a C-class that did this & he said it cost him over $2k. If that's the case, I'd forget about it.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Hey guys, I was wondering what your thoughts were on retrofitting KeylessGo for the SLK? It looks like you can use the same door handle and shift knob from the SL. I know Sunil has retrofitting his C class with KeylessGo and was wondering how hard it would be to do it.
Whenever someone uses the concept "looks like" I am thinking that its going to be quite a shock to them to learn that most of the door handle parts (in fact 3 or the 5 pieces) come from the W203.

The rear keyless go lock might be W209 compatible. As for the door handles themselves anyones guess. If your first name is "Sultan" and your second name is "Of Brunei" then it is no problem at all.

Personally I would settle for "mini-go" which is my name for interior-only Keyless Go and nothing to do with the door handles.

2K is nothing like what it costs. It would start from 5K and go up from there. Bearing in mind that this is not a weekend DIY type of excercise.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mitsubishi Outlander 2012 AWD
Think you might be beating your head against the wall on this one cost effectiveness out of normal price range required items including door handles,shifter,keyless go control modules,antennas(3 required) wiring plus let us not forget the keys themselves will have to be replaced (not the smae type as with std EIS) plus programming I don't recommend its bad enough to just fix these systems I know have been doing for several years now
Old 04-02-2006, 06:03 PM

2005 SL55
It was just something to think about because I know that Sunil did it on his C class.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:03 PM

2005 SL55
What about a Distronic Plus Retrofit? Have you guys done any Distronic retrofits?
Old 04-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Have you guys done any Distronic retrofits?
...did at least 10 sofar...for the SLK there is no such thing as a distcronic switch

greetingz,
Old 04-03-2006, 01:01 AM

2005 SL55
Wait I'm confused. So is it possible to retrofit Distronic for an R171?
Old 04-03-2006, 02:07 AM

SLK55 AMG, BMW X5 3.0d Sport
Xaveon, it sounds to me that you have purchased the wrong car.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by Easy-SLK

AHahaha lol.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by Easy-SLK
when it comes to distronic - yes, he has the wrong car

greetingz,
Old 04-03-2006, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
when it comes to distronic - yes, he has the wrong car

greetingz,
Someone should remove the "K" from the badge and the problem would be solved.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:45 PM

2005 SL55
Well, I was really considering the SL, but felt that it wasn't worth it. All those options are nice, but when you get up to that price range there are a couple stiff conpetitors, and there would be a model change coming soon. So an SLK55 is the next logical car (I had to have a hardtop convertible). It just would be nice to have all those features on the SLK. I know that Sunil retrofitted all of these options on his C class.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Well, I was really considering the SL, but felt that it wasn't worth it. All those options are nice, but when you get up to that price range there are a couple stiff conpetitors, and there would be a model change coming soon. So an SLK55 is the next logical car (I had to have a hardtop convertible). It just would be nice to have all those features on the SLK. I know that Sunil retrofitted all of these options on his C class.
By all means sign a blank cheque and I will personally pack and ship your car back to AMG. When it is all done and finished you should have a car with all of the Sunil options that makes the SL look rather cheap by comparison.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:23 PM

2005 SL55
Originally Posted by benzmodz
By all means sign a blank cheque and I will personally pack and ship your car back to AMG. When it is all done and finished you should have a car with all of the Sunil options that makes the SL look rather cheap by comparison.
How does your quote contribute to answering my question? Clearly it can be done and it has been done. Sunil did it for $500-$1k more than what the option cost from the dealer. I don't understand why people post smartass comments. Are you trying to look like an ***? Honestly, if you don’t have something nice to say or something to contribute to the community just STFU.

By the way, Steve and Dean installed VCS for the a few days ago and it works great! Thanks guys!