SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Fog Light - Bulb Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog Light - Bulb Replacement

Anyone have the instuctions of how to replace the fog light bulbs? I was able to replace the bulb on the driver side, but the passenger side is harder to get at with the radiator and bracket covering the back of the fog light. I'm replacing the standard bulbs with Sylvania Silverstar to try to match the xenon headlight color.

Thanks.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:06 AM

SLK55
Originally Posted by mofius
Anyone have the instuctions of how to replace the fog light bulbs? I was able to replace the bulb on the driver side, but the passenger side is harder to get at with the radiator and bracket covering the back of the fog light. I'm replacing the standard bulbs with Sylvania Silverstar to try to match the xenon headlight color.

Thanks.
If you are referring to the front fog lights on the SLK55, then the entire unit can be removed via 4 front screws.

If you are referring to the side markers (which have those brackets) then take the wheel off and have someone flex out the bumper and unhinge the light assembly while you press and use a short t20 screwdriver to gain access to that tricky front screw.
Good luck.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:59 PM

Yes, I'm refering the to the front fog lights on the SLK55. So, I can unplug the rubber seal and the red/black connector wires from the back and then take out 4 screws from the front in order to change the bulb?

Thank you so much.