SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK55 Black Series & 280kph

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK32
SLK55 Black Series & 280kph

Couple of weeks ago the wife and I made a trip to Europe. Had a great time and met lots of very nice, friendly people.

The highlight of the trip was our stop in Dusseldorf Germany where we visited with Axel & Andi from Mercedes Brueggemann. Some of you may recognize the dealerhship from AMG Owners Club. You could not ask for 2 nicer guys or more gracious hosts.

Our first night in Germany we got in touch with Axel and made arrangements to meet him at Bruggerman on Saturday at 10am. We met Axel at the dealership the next morning. He talked with us for a bit, grabbed the keys for a CLK63 sitting right in front of his desk, showed us the car and started it up. A short time later Andi pulls up in a CLS63 (if I remember correctly, I failed to get a picture).

Next we go outside to the front of the dealership and check out their C55 'Track Taxi'. This is a C55 they have prepped with suspension mods, R compound tires, a roll cage, racing harnesses, graphics, and an MKB exhuast which apparently netted 17hp.

Andi and Axel continued to show us around taking us downstairs to their 'room of mirrors' populated with fantastic toys from AMG. Including several ML63's, and an SLK55 Black Series. They grabbed the keys for all the cars, started them up, showed all the key features and just spent the time we wanted talking about everyones favorite subject, cars and AMG's in particular.

As Andi was getting the keys to pull out the SLK55 Black Series we checked out Kampfstern's beautiful old school AMG.

Next it was time for the highlight of our European trip. A trip out with the AMG's in their natural habitat, the Autobahn. My wife heads out with with Axel in the C55 Race Track Taxi and I ride with Andi in the SLK55 Black Series. We work through traffic and find a nice open section of the Autobahn to stretch the legs on the AMG's. The C55 was a little slower than the SLK55 and 'only' hit 260kph. Andi on the other hand got all 280kph out of the SLK55. Unfortunatly the highest speed I captured on the camera was 246kph.

Next Andi & Axel show us the handling limits of the cars through a twisty section of the road. Let me tell you these cars on R compund tires have very high handling limits and Andi was not afraid to drive the car at 9.9/10ths. You could feel the back end just on the hairy edge but Andi has lots of experience and never once slipped over the line. From my discussions with Andi the SLK55 Black Series will run with or beat the 996 based Porsche GT3's on the track.

We travel to a 'secret' section of road not too far from where Andi & Axel live. Andi and I get out of the SLK55 to move over to the C55. Andi takes the drivers seat, my wife is buckled up in the front seat, and I get in the back. Axel takes my digital camera to shoot a couple of video's and off we go. Andi drifts us around the traffic circle a number of times. Very nice to have the ESP truly turned off.

I am then given the key's to drive the C55 back to the dealership. When we get the dealership Axel presents me a limited edition AMG IWC calander.

I can't say enough good things about Andi & Axel. These were the nicest guys you could ask to meet. They took the time to talk with us, show us around, and take us out in some of the finest cars on the road. It was a true pleasure to experience the limits of the AMG's, with such knowlegeable, friendly, guys with the skills and experience to safely demonstrate what these cars can do.

These are the guy's you want to purchase your next car from.

This was our first trip to Germany. It was beautiful country, with very friendly people. We really liked Dusseldorf and all the resturants and bars in Altstatdt. Find me a job and I am ready to move tomorrow.

Andi & Axel I will be back for a track day (or two, or three) with you guys out at Nurbergring.

Now the bad news. My poor instructions to Axel in shooting video's with the digital camera resulted in video's stop prior to showing the action.

This was a completly different experience than what I have had in the US. I have been to a number of MB dealerships in the Atlanta Area where the dealership is very reluctant to let you take out the AMG's.

Below is a link to a number of photo's I took during our visit.

http://www1.snapfish.com/share/p=792...=SYE/otsi=SALB
Old 09-28-2006, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Awesome experience, nice writeup, wish our salesguys could drive like that, mine just threw me the keys and said have fun. Germany is a beautiful country. Black series SLK doesn't look right in silver, look better in black. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65

Are you going to join us this year in Atlanta on November 4th and 5th?

Details in the event section!

Schiz
Old 09-28-2006, 12:21 PM

SLK32
Originally Posted by Schiznick

Are you going to join us this year in Atlanta on November 4th and 5th?

Details in the event section!

Schiz

I'll be there. Need to complete the paperwork and get it back to Chappy.

We better have cool weather on Sunday. I am bound and determined to break into the 12's (stock).
Old 09-29-2006, 05:05 AM

SLK55
NIce work 430 , do u know how to contact with Axel & Andi . do u have their email address and phone # or address .. of that dealership .. is it a AMG showroom .. coz i saw all AMG cars... what do u mean AMG owner club . i'd like to visit them ... what is the dealership is it ... thank for share pix .... Bravo .....
Old 09-29-2006, 05:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Looks like the dealer in Dusseldorf:

Bruggemann Mercedes

Link for contact:

http://www.brueggemann.de/kontakt.php