SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

New to the forum. Have some questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW alroumi,

Do you have any other pics of your car? What wheels do you have on it? Looks GREAT!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:39 PM

I found this Red one in a Yahoo search. Looks pretty slick....

Is that nose correct? Is it mesh behind the star?

Old 03-07-2007, 06:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G55 & SLK55
Originally Posted by tabasco
BTW alroumi,

Do you have any other pics of your car? What wheels do you have on it? Looks GREAT!!!
Yes I do, It has factory 5 spoke 18" AMG wheels.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G55 & SLK55
Here are some Pictures tabasco as you requested:

Old 03-07-2007, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by alroumi
Here are some Pictures tabasco as you requested:
Thanks. I love the rakish look of the SLK 55.

I spoke the dealer yesterday and said (as someone else here said) that you cannot order a '07. He is not real sure, but he thinks I can order a '08 later this month.

He also said that a Mars Red with Performance Package is on its way to a Kentucky dealer. I may take a weekend trip to go see it.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G55 & SLK55
Thanks. I love the rakish look of the SLK 55.

I spoke the dealer yesterday and said (as someone else here said) that you cannot order a '07. He is not real sure, but he thinks I can order a '08 later this month.

He also said that a Mars Red with Performance Package is on its way to a Kentucky dealer. I may take a weekend trip to go see it.
good< go have a look and then order your slk
Old 03-07-2007, 01:29 PM

SLK 55 AMG
Yes, behind the star is a sort of grill.

In fact, it IS possible to order ANY color combo you want. It's just that it creates more paper work for the dealer and they're reluctant to do it (and it might introduce an error into the final construction if they get it wrong and the plant builds your car with another config).

But Mercedes will do just about any color you want for the car. Some have even ordered pink ones.

My dealer told me that if I absolutely wanted for example one seat red and the other blue with a green exterior, then it can be done. It's just not recommended due to studies in selling certain colors as second hand (you probably would never be able to sell such a color combo for a good price) and like I said, it's a lot of work as it's a very custom design and requires frequent calls between dealer and factory.

If you go up to your dealer and tell them "I don't care what you say, but if you want me as a customer, I'll take it like this and this", they'll eventually buckle up and treat you the way you want them to treat you.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G55 & SLK55
Originally Posted by Shinigami
Yes, behind the star is a sort of grill.

In fact, it IS possible to order ANY color combo you want. It's just that it creates more paper work for the dealer and they're reluctant to do it (and it might introduce an error into the final construction if they get it wrong and the plant builds your car with another config).

But Mercedes will do just about any color you want for the car. Some have even ordered pink ones.

My dealer told me that if I absolutely wanted for example one seat red and the other blue with a green exterior, then it can be done. It's just not recommended due to studies in selling certain colors as second hand (you probably would never be able to sell such a color combo for a good price) and like I said, it's a lot of work as it's a very custom design and requires frequent calls between dealer and factory.

If you go up to your dealer and tell them "I don't care what you say, but if you want me as a customer, I'll take it like this and this", they'll eventually buckle up and treat you the way you want them to treat you.
I agree to what Shinigami said.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Originally Posted by Shinigami
Actually some salesman have no clue you can order the way you like. They are either too lazy or think it's not worthwile to call MBUSA to find out. I told my salesperson about the special order form and he has worked for MB for over a decade and didn't know it exist until he'd looked it up. Some of them are just clueless and many don't asked for it, they just buy what's out in the showroom.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:06 PM

2007 SLK55 AMG, '02 BMW M3, '01 AUDI S4
According to the MBUSA.com site and the Brouchure I have, Red/Black interior is not available in Mars Red. It is available in Storm Red. Maybe the color of the red leather doesnt look right next to the bright red of Mars Red.

Does anyone have the Black/Ash interior? That is available with Mars Red. How do you think it would look with MR?

Thanks
I have the Black/Ash interior..

pics on my old thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/slk55-r171/159810-my-2007-slk55-pics.html
Old 03-08-2007, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ynot
Stuttgart isn't bad, the whole black forest/alps didn't have that much traffic, it wasn't until we got to Bayerischer hof hotel in Munich, it's located right in the heart of Munich, and it was chaotic, plus the Nav system isn't good, it took us in circles, I did three circles before I finally found the hotel. Anyway I'd paid $1,200 for the black forest/alps rally, which I think is very inexpensive for what we got.
Sounds like my wife was your navigator.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Originally Posted by MursBenz
Sounds like my wife was your navigator.
lol... and probably a cheaper option.

j/k.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:13 AM

Pic of Mars Red

Hi All

We are gonna wait to order an '08 but in the meantime i acquired this picture of a '07 that just arrived at a Louisville, KY dealer.

It is the first Mars Red I have seen. Our '08 will be the same (without the Perf Pkg).
Thanks for all you help in making our decision

BTW, we also just ordered a '07 BMW 335i Coupe. (Montego Blue pretty loaded-pic below does not show the wheels we will be getting). Both cars will probably show up at about the same time. SLK for me, 335i for my wife. Good to have toys.

We are also selling the '00 NSX. If interested PM me.

Last edited by tabasco; 03-20-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:38 PM

2008 Porsche 997 C4S Cabriolet
Coming up on 20 months with my car now and have no problems with it whatsoever. A little break squeal early on but it's not much of an issue now. A little squeak/rattle on rough roads but that's about it.

Car still is a bit rare around these parts so still get many questions. Overall, as a second car strictly used for fun, I'd say it's a great choice. Now all we need in these parts of the country is some nice topdown weather and I can get some more miles in.

js
Old 03-20-2007, 06:25 PM

Looking for a new toy.
Hi All

We are gonna wait to order an '08 but in the meantime i acquired this picture of a '07 that just arrived at a Louisville, KY dealer.

BTW, we also just ordered a '07 BMW 335i Coupe.
Congrats, sounds like the best of both worlds!