SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Kleemann supercharger still worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Earl
i have the perfect bumper sticker for you ..... my mid life crisis ... begins at 12.7
Chill out man, next time keep it to yourself, your jokes aren't funny.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
I got word from Kleemann that the blower is the Eaton M112, the same that 'graces' the tops of many domestic engines from OEMs like Ford. Same as HPS's but nearly 2x as much. Definatly not worth what they're charging for it. I'm just going to abandon the idea and trade the SLK in the spring for something else when the new batch of cars start to arrive.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lotus Elise SLK55
Does anyone know if Renntech uses the same blower?
Old 10-24-2007, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a new toy.
Originally Posted by Addicted2Speed
As mentioned above, IHI (twin screw) makes Renntech's blowers while Eaton provides the new units for Kleeman (previously Autorotor). Autorotor also makes the Kenne Bell systems for Mustangs - notably superior to the various Eaton and centrifugal blowers also made for that car. Strange that Kleeman would step down from the twin screw design to the roots setup.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 GL350
Originally Posted by Addicted2Speed
RENNtech uses an Autorotor twin screw in the low boost applications, IHI in high boost applications.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Almost a Member!

01 CLK 55
I was just talking to Squires Turbo Systems and they informed me that they are designing a remote turbo setup for the SLK 55 after the SEMA show. An owner spoke with them and they are meeting with AMG engineers about tuning. Don't fold on the upgrades yet. No I do not own a SLK I own a CLK but I am on the same path. If the person that owns this SLK is on this forum maybe they can help keep us up to date.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Out Of Control!

Kleemann Autorotor

Should've gotten in when the kit was still in production.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
This is all very interesting...

If Autorotor still makes these kits for Kenne Bell why'd they cease production for Kleemann??
Quote - Autorotor also makes the Kenne Bell systems for Mustangs -

Kenne Bell is set to debut a new Twin Screw for my C6 Vette, and if you look on there site they make plenty of current Twin Screw kits

Also other previous posters have been knocking around drive train losses for the Automatic, in all my experience it is likely 17-18% 18% being the most widely used, as Manual transmission cars are in the 13-15% range

Also the MP112H is currently producing North of 550rwhp on C6 Vettes w/Headers, Cat-back, 160 stat, CAI, @ 7psi I have a friend who also threw Aqua Mist into the mix, his C6 is currently at 585 safe RWHP

I wonder if the "H" Variant in the kits is the difference? Going to the Maggie site they list gains as 130 rwhp on the regular MP112 kit but **DO NOT LIST GAINS FOR MP112H** they also have the MP122H bigger displacement kit & quite a few C6 Vettes have installed them (supposed to be for heavily modded head/cam or bigger 402-427 CID Engines) On stock or similarly modded (ie. headers, cat-back etc) C6 Vettes the MP122H actually made a little less rwhp than the MP112H

Also Callaway recently purchased all the rights to exclusively market/sell the MP112 & MP122 blowers (there still made by Magnuson but have Callaway logos/part #'s **At least for the Corvette applications**

They are extremely cheap $5900 is the average price for a C6 Vette MP112H, I prefer the Twin Screw & I'm waiting for the Kenne Bell offering.. Although if it doesn't debut soon I will jump on the MP112H as 550rwhp is a low 10sec 1/4 car in the C6

I'll post you guys the adds from Kenne Bell very inticing and 800 rwhp potentialor 1000
(Corvette)
• “Big Block” feel at any engine or vehicle speed, not just peak rpm.
• Instant full boost / HP & Torque at any rpm - 2500 up.
• More low and mid range torque and HP because it makes more boost there.
• Highest HP potential (up to 1000HP*), yet extremely “streetable.”
• No boost “drop off” from 5-18 psi*.Huge 93mm inlet manifold accepts stock 76mm or aftermarket 90mm throttle body.
• 93mm matching inlet system (molded plastic tube and filter). Not included with Street Rod/Off Road Kits.
• Traditional top mount - front facing design.
• Twin Screw efficiency (cooler air charge temp, lower parasitic loss).
• Billet aluminum construction.
• Quick and easy 4 minute pulley changes (5-18 psi).
• Both 6 rib and 8 rib pulleys available.
• Self contained oil supply. No drilling holes in oil pan. No oil lines.
• Doesn’t use oil from engine for supercharger.
• Whisper quiet.
• Looks factory with same driveability as stock.
• Billet fuel system, 42lb injectors (62lb optional) and Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP™.
• BOOST-A-PUMP™ eliminates replacing stock pump.
• Bar and plate intercooler - more efficient than tube and fin.
• “Two Pass” heat exchanger.
• Serviceable. Supercharger can be rebuilt.
• Polished or black satin.
• Step by Step Detailed Instructions and Tech Tips.
• Kit includes all gaskets and hardware.
• All major components assembled and ready to bolt on engine.
• Includes hood (Corvette only).
*Fuel octane, fuel system, boost, ignition timing, engine durability, other products, engine size etc. will determine actual HP potential.

And look at the beautiful 2.8L blower!! either full polish or my preference flat black
Jeff Gooss’ 801HP/855 ft lbs (800 ft lbs @ 2500 rpm). Optional polished stainless 97mm inlet tube. High boost 2.8L.
**Note these are older C5 Z06's w/5.7 Liter**

Last edited by Thericker; 10-25-2007 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
I got word from Kleemann that the blower is the Eaton M112, the same that 'graces' the tops of many domestic engines from OEMs like Ford. Same as HPS's but nearly 2x as much. Definatly not worth what they're charging for it. I'm just going to abandon the idea and trade the SLK in the spring for something else when the new batch of cars start to arrive.
Can you confirm that it's not the M122 instead? The specs say it is a 2.0 litre and 122 cubic inches but this one is for the new M273 motors. Maybe the 122is used for our older M113 motors? Cory or Brandon, are you out there to confirm this?

http://kleemann.dk/site/Main/perform...kompressorm273
Old 10-28-2007, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Can you confirm that it's not the M122 instead? The specs say it is a 2.0 litre and 122 cubic inches but this one is for the new M273 motors. Maybe the 122is used for our older M113 motors? Cory or Brandon, are you out there to confirm this?

http://kleemann.dk/site/Main/perform...kompressorm273
I just double checked my emails from them and they said M112.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
I just double checked my emails from them and they said M112.
Now that is why I decided to keep my HPS kit. This new Kleemann is basically the same thing then. I'm glad I did'nt sell if for $2999.

Although the older twin-screw Kleemann is a better IMHO, what happens when you need to fix the blower itself? My guess is you would be SOL.

I just had my M112 COMPLETELY REBUILT for $250 (new shaft, rotor-packs, bearings, hub, etc..) in 2 days and back to Vadim the next day.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
why aren't you looking at RT

Just curious ... I"m happy with mine and it really turns it into a beast.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
Originally Posted by SLK55R
Just curious ... I"m happy with mine and it really turns it into a beast.
At the time the Kleemann system was advertising more power and they were a good bit cheaper. They're also closer to me to get it installed than Renntech was. Renntech's system was $15k + install last I checked.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
At the time the Kleemann system was advertising more power and they were a good bit cheaper. They're also closer to me to get it installed than Renntech was. Renntech's system was $15k + install last I checked.
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you know i got the connections buddy! Not 15 K + install..
Old 10-30-2007, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you know i got the connections buddy! Not 15 K + install..
Ok, might as well go ahead and induldge me then.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
Kleemann is making a counter offer. One I might not be able to refuse; which does not involve mafia. Hmmmm....
Old 11-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Out Of Control!

Kleemann is making a counter offer. One I might not be able to refuse; which does not involve mafia. Hmmmm....
What are the details?
Old 11-14-2007, 02:57 PM

SLK55, Mustang 480hp, CBR600rr
Originally Posted by FishtailnZ
As mentioned above, IHI (twin screw) makes Renntech's blowers while Eaton provides the new units for Kleeman (previously Autorotor). Autorotor also makes the Kenne Bell systems for Mustangs - notably superior to the various Eaton and centrifugal blowers also made for that car. Strange that Kleeman would step down from the twin screw design to the roots setup.
Notably superior in what fashion? You won't see many if any kenne bell systems winning power adder drag races in mustangs(like outlaw classes or street renegade)...most are won by centrifugal blowers like Procharger or Vortech or by the big turbo guys.

Last edited by Ppower; 11-14-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:25 PM

Looking for a new toy.
There's a big difference in those cars and S/C's designed for all out track use and what you want on a street(able) car. Some of thos Prochargers are huge and hardly applicable to an every day street driven car. I know when I had my Mustang GT and followed the Mustang boards, the twin screw, with it's compact design, it's efficient power development, and durabilty was the preferred design for street use. Not to mention the crazy power it made in terminator Cobra applications.

Last edited by FishtailnZ; 11-14-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by FishtailnZ
There's a big difference in those cars and S/C's designed for all out track use and what you want on a street(able) car. Some of thos Prochargers are huge and hardly applicable to an every day street driven car. I know when I had my Mustang GT and followed the Mustang boards, the twin screw, with it's compact design, it's efficient power development, and durabilty was the preferred design for street use. Not to mention the crazy power it made in terminator Cobra applications.

the roots or twin screw type produce lots of low end torque and lower rpm power, centrifugal blowers or big turbos make much more top end power (and boost) they are also easier to launch since they make more power up top. The roots or twin screw are good if you don't want to make a lot of hp on the street, but if you do it turns into a tire frying event because of all the low end torque.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
Originally Posted by Ppower
the roots or twin screw type produce lots of low end torque and lower rpm power, centrifugal blowers or big turbos make much more top end power (and boost) they are also easier to launch since they make more power up top. The roots or twin screw are good if you don't want to make a lot of hp on the street, but if you do it turns into a tire frying event because of all the low end torque.
Mmmm....tire frying... Can I get some BBQ sauce with that?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:22 AM

not stock.
Kennebell systems are awesome... id say the BEST systems out there for the domestic market.... maybe they should start looking into supercharger some euros
Old 11-16-2007, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
Adam,
You've got a sale of the Renntech SC kit with Evotech tuning but your long delay is causing me to reconsider. I simply cannot wait until January. Did'nt Vadim talk to you about my tuning needs also?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Thericker
If Autorotor still makes these kits for Kenne Bell why'd they cease production for Kleemann??
Quote - Autorotor also makes the Kenne Bell systems for Mustangs -
I heard from one of our sponsors who called me to offer both a Kleemann and Renntech SC Kit that Kenne Bell no longer gets them from Autorotor and is making blowers themselves. Autorotor's parent company no longer wants them to build supechargers and instead make refridgerators, dryers and other household appliances. Believe it or Not, Eaton bought out Autorotor!!! Talk about killing the competition.

Kleemann offered to cobble a twin-screw kit together for me at $15K!! Why would I pay $1-2K more than the Renntech kit for an obsolete blower. What happens when it needs new bearings or oil? Again...You are ***** Out of Luck!!

Let me also add that Kleemann service and quality SUCKS! After I had my Kleemann headers, cams and cats installed. I can't get the check engine light to go off and NOW the car runs PIG RICH at less than 9-1 AFR and LOST 2 LBS of boost to boot!!! I actually loss power from 388rwhp to 356rwhp after the car was handed back to me 6 whole weeks later. They have basically handed me a car that was unfinished and have no plans to fix it!!! I don't know if it's GMG Racing, Vadim or Kleemann but I AM PISSED to the point that I brought my car to Gintani.

Last edited by AMGSC; 11-16-2007 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by AMGSC
I heard from one of our sponsors who called me to offer both a Kleemann and Renntech SC Kit that Kenne Bell no longer gets them from Autorotor and is making blowers themselves. Autorotor's parent company no longer wants them to build supechargers and instead make refridgerators, dryers and other household appliances. Believe it or Not, Eaton bought out Autorotor!!! Talk about killing the competition.

Kleemann offered to cobble a twin-screw kit together for me at $15K!! Why would I pay $1-2K more than the Renntech kit for an obsolete blower. What happens when it needs new bearings or oil? Again...You are ***** Out of Luck!!

Let me also add that Kleemann service and quality SUCKS! After I had my Kleemann headers, cams and cats installed. I can't get the check engine light to go off and NOW the car runs PIG RICH at less than 9-1 AFR and LOST 2 LBS of boost to boot!!! I actually loss power from 388rwhp to 356rwhp after the car was handed back to me 6 whole weeks later. They have basically handed me a car that was unfinished and have no plans to fix it!!! I don't know if it's GMG Racing, Vadim or Kleemann but I AM PISSED to the point that I brought my car to Gintani.
Sounds like somone else on here who has a slk55 and got a kleemann sc and the car was given back to him out of tune still running rich. I wouldn't want it back or fully pay the bill until it was tuned right.

Pp

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kleemann supercharger still worth it?