hmmm... missing pieces in the trunk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:09 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts
hmmm... missing pieces in the trunk

so i bought a slightly used 06 slk55 for the wife.

great car.

however, a upon closer inspection (i bought it off ebay) it appears that it does have the COMAND head-unit, but "navigation is unavailable" when the "nav" button is hit.

i looked in the trunk and there is an empty space in the center top of the trunk where some module has been removed (or the car is pre-wired for something, but the trunk liner has been cut so i am sure some kind of module was there).

also there is a black plastic cover in the left bottom of the trunk. it is rectangular and is roughly 7x2 or so...

i assume i am missing the trunk nav dvd unit from the top of the trunk...

my questions are:

1. what is normally sitting at top of the trunk?
2. what is normally sitting where the plastic cover is in the bottom left of the trunk? cd changer?
3. can i have from the factory the COMAND unit and not the nav dvd unit or it has definitely been removed?
4. where can i look up the part number for the dvd nav trunk unit for the 06 slk55? reputable sources for purchase?

thank you in advance

alex
few cars

Last edited by alx; 03-05-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK55 AMG
Nav

1. You are missing the DVD ROM unit from the top of the trunk. This is where you place your navigation DVDs. It looks like an oversized version of what you have for you desktop computer, but no tray for the DVD just a slot.
2. I have about five connectors, sheathed in foam, underneath that cover which appear to be stock. None are connected to anything. I don't know what they are for perhaps accessories or diagnostics, but I would like to know what they are for too.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:11 PM
-1-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK55///AMG The MONSTER on the block
Originally Posted by alx
so i bought a slightly used 06 slk55 for the wife.

great car.

....also there is a black plastic cover in the left bottom of the trunk. it is rectangular and is roughly 7x2 or so...

thank you in advance

alex
few cars
Alex, does you SLK have the satellite antenna on the trunk? The item you're describing appears to be the Sirius satellite receiver. Here's three pics, NAV DVD unit in center foward section of the trunk, Sirius satellite receiver, bottom left side of trunk cover opened, and Sirius satellite antenna on top of truck lid.
Attached Thumbnails hmmm... missing pieces in the trunk-p3070180.jpg   hmmm... missing pieces in the trunk-p3070181.jpg   hmmm... missing pieces in the trunk-p3070182.jpg  
Old 03-08-2008, 09:44 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts
thank you for the pics. ... this is exactly what i was looking for...

the selling dealer has come forward and has agreed to pay for whatever is missing to get the nav working.... i will be dropping off the car at my local dealer next week.

i would also ask the dealer to install an ipod integration kit while at it...

thank you again

alex
few cars