SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

quater mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes e55amg 2004
quater mile

whats the worst quater mile an slk55 can make and i need to know can i challenge a 300c srt8 i need guys with some kills tell me ,,,,, what cars you guys challenge and end up close match and what cars you can pass
Old 07-23-2009, 01:18 PM

07 SLK55, 08 R32
Originally Posted by beast969
whats the worst quater mile an slk55 can make and i need to know can i challenge a 300c srt8 i need guys with some kills tell me ,,,,, what cars you guys challenge and end up close match and what cars you can pass
Lol I swear everyone of your threads is about racing someone or making your car faster! Those cars aren't that fast don't be scared that thing out weighs you by almost 1000lbs! Out of all the races I have done I have only lost 2. 1) was to Stage 3+ S4 running 11.3 in the quarter mile and 2) to my buddies modded 996 Turbo. In the Turbo race we were even till about 130. I have killed countless e46 M3's, couple 335i's, couple Carrera 4s's, couple older M5's, and a 2009 Maserati GT to just name a few. The SLK55 is a surprisingly fast car especially if you know how to drive it! Just be safe out there and have fun!

Heres a vid of me and my buddy in his 04 e55 (dont pay attention to the crap at the beginning of the vid didn't know they were filming and i was talking with someone lol):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-_BaR_tjZo

Last edited by IIIMBPIII; 07-23-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:49 PM

AMG
hehe

Yeah, you'll definitely beat him if he is stock. I pulled away from a 300C SRT-8 pretty dang quickly. Others include E46 M3s, 1998 Mustang SVT Cobra, 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra, 1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X, Subaru Impreza WRX Sti, 2007 Acura TL Type-S, Nissan 350Zs, Infinity G35s and G37s, 1995 Ferrari F355... many more. Nearly all of the above were modded with at least an aftermarket exhaust. The closest run I had was with a Corvette C5 Z-06... we were dead even. Didn't have another chance. Without mods, you will likely lose to these (relatively) common cars: the new M3, Lexus IS-F, C6 Z-06s, and of course the faster AMGs (W211 E55s, the 63s and of course 65s).
Old 07-23-2009, 11:54 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by beast969

Worst 1/4 all depends on how inept the driver of the car is at drag racing. Just hope that the SRT is stock and/or its owner can't drive well. They may be HEAVY cars but can be made fast very easily...........some are even in the 10's now. Stock for stock it should be a drivers race though for sure with a slight advantage to the AMG. I know aSRT-8 at sea level can run 12.9-13.1 @109mph and according to car and driver the SLK55 can do 12.7@111............both with "pro" drivers and perfect conditions.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:05 AM

AMG
Originally Posted by moparrbust
Worst 1/4 all depends on how inept the driver of the car is at drag racing. Just hope that the SRT is stock and/or its owner can't drive well. They may be HEAVY cars but can be made fast very easily...........some are even in the 10's now. Stock for stock it should be a drivers race though for sure with a slight advantage to the AMG. I know aSRT-8 at sea level can run 12.9-13.1 @109mph and according to car and driver the SLK55 can do 12.7@111............both with "pro" drivers and perfect conditions.
A stock SLK55 is definitely faster than a stock or even lightly modded 300C SRT-8. I have pulled on 2 at highway speeds and 1 from a dig.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chrysler--300-Drag-Racing.html

I don't see any 10s on this particular list... The fastest N/A time posted is a 12.497 @ 113.69mph... and that's with quite a few mods! (AFE Stage II Cold Air Intake, GSM Ported Intake Manifold, Magnaflo High Flo Cats, Zoomers Cat Back Exhaust, Diablo Sport Pedator ECU Tune, 3000 Torque Converter, 275/40/17 Hoosier Drag Radials) @ 55 degrees F! I'm guessing that if there are any in the 10s, they are using forced induction...

Compare that with the fastest STOCK SLK55 time posted: 12.226 @ 112.26mph @ 88 degrees F!

Really, a more appropriate comparison would be the 300C SRT-8 and the W211 E55 AMG (A heavy 4-door sedan)... in which case, the E55 would DESTROY the 300C SRT-8.

Last edited by chucknorris; 07-26-2009 at 05:16 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:09 AM

mercedes e55amg 2004
thanks guys is that i had c6 corvette 2007 and e55 2005 i sold them last year and now i bought this beautiful car slk55 amg 2008 its seem fast but i dont want to get smoked so i posted this thread to make sure maybe supercharge it later on but for now i will just get an kleeman ecu tune
Old 07-26-2009, 09:24 PM

AMG
No problem... check out this C&D review. It rates the straight-line performance of the SLK55 on par with the Corvette C6 (which you used to own).

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/..._amg-road_test
Old 07-26-2009, 10:56 PM

slk55amg
i can field this one, as i have a charger with the hemi, and my father has a slk55

both my car and his are modded, and yes, there are tons of stock srt8s out there that pull off a 12.7-12.9, alot, seems like every thread on our forums are a new best 1/4 mile stock. now even lightly modded with bolt ons will net low 12s and some 11s with drs,slicks, etc...add in big cam and lightly ported to heavly ported heads and there are tons and i mean tons of 10 sec guys. youe guys know how much MB engineering is in the lx platform right? basicly a rebaged eclass for the most part.....

anywho the slk is a perfectly manufacterd car and the 55 is no slouch, but stock for stockl the slk is a freaking animal for how mannerd the car is. and i still feel the stock slk will come out on top. but dont be surprised how close that srt stays on that ***!!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:24 PM

2006 SLK55 AMG; 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8; and 2004 PT Cruiser GT Turbo (Modified)
Originally Posted by hemicharger
i can field this one, as i have a charger with the hemi, and my father has a slk55

both my car and his are modded, and yes, there are tons of stock srt8s out there that pull off a 12.7-12.9, alot, seems like every thread on our forums are a new best 1/4 mile stock. now even lightly modded with bolt ons will net low 12s and some 11s with drs,slicks, etc...add in big cam and lightly ported to heavly ported heads and there are tons and i mean tons of 10 sec guys. youe guys know how much MB engineering is in the lx platform right? basicly a rebaged eclass for the most part.....

anywho the slk is a perfectly manufacterd car and the 55 is no slouch, but stock for stockl the slk is a freaking animal for how mannerd the car is. and i still feel the stock slk will come out on top. but dont be surprised how close that srt stays on that ***!!!!

If I recall correctly, the rear module assembly is a modification of the E-Class design and MB assisted with integration of the ESP into the vehicle. It is not a rebadge to the degree that the R170 is for the Chrysler Crossfire......
Old 07-27-2009, 11:59 PM

slk55amg
well.............

MB rear, MB trans, MB esp, e class suspension, MB devoleped esp, MB designed the MDS cam feature and alot more little aspects.

same rear and trans from the SL55, i am running e class suspension actually, running shift soleniods from the sl65, infact i am not sure if you guys have to do with 5 speed trnas connecter leak but i bought mine from a local mercedes dealer when mine was leaking. i am running a tuned tcm from a sl55 as well

trust me, alot of the e class is in the chyrsler LX/LY platform. yes its a cheaper car but please dont be like the local snoby stand offish people who think theres no way theres MB in the chrysler cars. there not like eclipses and talons but about 40 percent of the car is MB i can take pics of mb stamps if ya want

i take that back, i just saw your sig, your list looks like your a mopar fan so i take back the snobby comment! but alas you see what i was saying

Last edited by hemicharger; 07-28-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:39 AM

mercedes e55amg 2004
wow the stock slk 55 can make it 0-60 in 4.3 i will give it a try and post the video of my car running from 0
Old 07-28-2009, 08:46 AM

2006 SLK55 AMG; 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8; and 2004 PT Cruiser GT Turbo (Modified)
well.............

MB rear, MB trans, MB esp, e class suspension, MB devoleped esp, MB designed the MDS cam feature and alot more little aspects.

same rear and trans from the SL55, i am running e class suspension actually, running shift soleniods from the sl65, infact i am not sure if you guys have to do with 5 speed trnas connecter leak but i bought mine from a local mercedes dealer when mine was leaking. i am running a tuned tcm from a sl55 as well

trust me, alot of the e class is in the chyrsler LX/LY platform. yes its a cheaper car but please dont be like the local snoby stand offish people who think theres no way theres MB in the chrysler cars. there not like eclipses and talons but about 40 percent of the car is MB i can take pics of mb stamps if ya want

i take that back, i just saw your sig, your list looks like your a mopar fan so i take back the snobby comment! but alas you see what i was saying
I believe the WA580 trans from Mercedes (built in the US) was introduced to various Chrysler vehicles after the LX platform launch but I could be wrong since I retired from DaimlerChrysler during 2004. No"snoby stand offish" attitude here - component sharing especially in the powertrain area will be the future for many OEMs....... Most people are shocked when I lift the hood of a Crossfire and the labels read "Mercedes-Benz"......
Old 07-28-2009, 07:23 PM

07 SLK55, 08 R32
well.............

I am the type of person who can appreciate all cars but when it comes down to it there are just some things that certain car manufactures do better than others. I love how Mercedes has combined power and speed with luxury and in my personal opinion I think they do that better than anyone else. If I only cared about being the fastest on the road I would have bought a Z06 a long time ago!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by IIIMBPIII
I am the type of person who can appreciate all cars but when it comes down to it there are just some things that certain car manufactures do better than others. I love how Mercedes has combined power and speed with luxury and in my personal opinion I think they do that better than anyone else. If I only cared about being the fastest on the road I would have bought a Z06 a long time ago!
Totally agree. I debate my boys who tend to look at only o to 60, 1/4 mile and top speed stats to compare various vehicles but it is the "character" of the vehicle ("Combined power and speed with luxury") that differentiates the Mercedes brand from other OEM's.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:17 PM

07 SLK55, 08 R32
Originally Posted by matton
Totally agree. I debate my boys who tend to look at only o to 60, 1/4 mile and top speed stats to compare various vehicles but it is the "character" of the vehicle ("Combined power and speed with luxury") that differentiates the Mercedes brand from other OEM's.
Well put!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
DB

Originally Posted by matton
I believe the WA580 trans from Mercedes (built in the US) was introduced to various Chrysler vehicles after the LX platform launch but I could be wrong since I retired from DaimlerChrysler during 2004. No"snoby stand offish" attitude here - component sharing especially in the powertrain area will be the future for many OEMs....... Most people are shocked when I lift the hood of a Crossfire and the labels read "Mercedes-Benz"......
You got that right. Diamler Benz was one of the best things that ever happened to Chrysler from the drive quality of the cars. Long before I realized that the Chrysler 300C was almost a clone of the E-Klasse, I was commenting to others how it drove nearly as good as my C36 AMG. The Crossfire SRT-6 is nothing but a C32/SLK32 with the dorky Chrysler skin on it. I cannot comment about management or how the two got along or did not but I was sad when they parted. Now Dodge-Chrysler is working with Fiat. We can only hope that the new Viper will have the Ferrari 599 engine, instead of the Fiat's lol. Maybe the Challenger will get the 430's flat crank V8. Just don't expect them to be reliable anymore.

Irish
Old 08-01-2009, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by JG26_Irish
You got that right. Diamler Benz was one of the best things that ever happened to Chrysler from the drive quality of the cars. Long before I realized that the Chrysler 300C was almost a clone of the E-Klasse, I was commenting to others how it drove nearly as good as my C36 AMG. The Crossfire SRT-6 is nothing but a C32/SLK32 with the dorky Chrysler skin on it. I cannot comment about management or how the two got along or did not but I was sad when they parted. Now Dodge-Chrysler is working with Fiat. We can only hope that the new Viper will have the Ferrari 599 engine, instead of the Fiat's lol. Maybe the Challenger will get the 430's flat crank V8. Just don't expect them to be reliable anymore.

Irish
Not sure about an engine swap for the Viper but there is a red with yellow trim and wheels Viper parked behind the Chrysler Tech Center.......
Old 08-04-2009, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by chucknorris
Yeah, you'll definitely beat him if he is stock. I pulled away from a 300C SRT-8 pretty dang quickly. Others include E46 M3s, 1998 Mustang SVT Cobra, 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra, 1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X, Subaru Impreza WRX Sti, 2007 Acura TL Type-S, Nissan 350Zs, Infinity G35s and G37s, 1995 Ferrari F355... many more. Nearly all of the above were modded with at least an aftermarket exhaust. The closest run I had was with a Corvette C5 Z-06... we were dead even. Didn't have another chance. Without mods, you will likely lose to these (relatively) common cars: the new M3, Lexus IS-F, C6 Z-06s, and of course the faster AMGs (W211 E55s, the 63s and of course 65s).
Dead even with a C5 Z06?

I'd have to see your track times to believe that. Most likely a modded C5.

From a dead stop, you beat the driver for sure. From a roll, I'd have to see it.

My Z was no slouch. And had barely anything done. They have gone 11's stock.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:12 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by Ubergeist
Dead even with a C5 Z06?

I'd have to see your track times to believe that. Most likely a modded C5.

From a dead stop, you beat the driver for sure. From a roll, I'd have to see it.

My Z was no slouch. And had barely anything done. They have gone 11's stock.
A 385Hp Z06 will run the quarter in about the same time, but will trap ~ 2-3 mph faster. A 405 Hp Z06 will put ~ 3 cars on an SLK55 & trap ~ 4 mph faster. The SLK's better gearing will not help it on a roll like it does from a dig.
The SLK is a convertible, weighs 10% more, has ~10% less Hp (but close in torque) but has a 7 Spd tranny that help it overcome its weight down low. The SLK "wins" in other categories such as build materials, rarity, retractable hard top, etc. Just different cars IMO....The SLK55 is a sports car. The Z06 is a race car.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:05 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by chucknorris
A stock SLK55 is definitely faster than a stock or even lightly modded 300C SRT-8. I have pulled on 2 at highway speeds and 1 from a dig.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chrysler--300-Drag-Racing.html

I don't see any 10s on this particular list... The fastest N/A time posted is a 12.497 @ 113.69mph... and that's with quite a few mods! (AFE Stage II Cold Air Intake, GSM Ported Intake Manifold, Magnaflo High Flo Cats, Zoomers Cat Back Exhaust, Diablo Sport Pedator ECU Tune, 3000 Torque Converter, 275/40/17 Hoosier Drag Radials) @ 55 degrees F! I'm guessing that if there are any in the 10s, they are using forced induction...

Compare that with the fastest STOCK SLK55 time posted: 12.226 @ 112.26mph @ 88 degrees F!

Really, a more appropriate comparison would be the 300C SRT-8 and the W211 E55 AMG (A heavy 4-door sedan)... in which case, the E55 would DESTROY the 300C SRT-8.
I thought Chuck Norris was supposed to know everything................dragtimes is NOT the be all end all list of fastest cars. I know a LOT of drag racers here in vegas(including myself) and NONE of them waste their time posting up on that site. Here's a quick list of some of the fastest SRT-8's....................even I didn't know they were in the 9's already.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/timeslips.php

PS I just got a SLK55 in the shop the other day...........but I couldn't drive it to compare it to my little Crossfire.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:47 AM

SLK55 AMG
ouch! that looks like it must have hurt... to do that to OEM amg wheels!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:12 AM

AMG
Originally Posted by moparrbust
I thought Chuck Norris was supposed to know everything................dragtimes is NOT the be all end all list of fastest cars. I know a LOT of drag racers here in vegas(including myself) and NONE of them waste their time posting up on that site. Here's a quick list of some of the fastest SRT-8's....................even I didn't know they were in the 9's already.
Yes, you thought correctly!!!!... which has to mean that all of the 400+ people who posted their times on that site, must be lying... It's either that, or I'm wrong to assume that everyone posts at dragtimes.com... but then again, I'm Chuck Norris, so they are all lying. Also, the car in the picture found itself on the wrong side of my lethal roundhouse. It's lucky it made it to your shop.

I'm sure your Crossfire would have pulled hard on a stock SLK55... especially with that serious rubber you have on the rear wheels
Old 08-05-2009, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by Yellow R1
A 385Hp Z06 will run the quarter in about the same time, but will trap ~ 2-3 mph faster. A 405 Hp Z06 will put ~ 3 cars on an SLK55 & trap ~ 4 mph faster. The SLK's better gearing will not help it on a roll like it does from a dig.
The SLK is a convertible, weighs 10% more, has ~10% less Hp (but close in torque) but has a 7 Spd tranny that help it overcome its weight down low. The SLK "wins" in other categories such as build materials, rarity, retractable hard top, etc. Just different cars IMO....The SLK55 is a sports car. The Z06 is a race car.
Given equal drivers, the Z will always come up on top.

ANd I don't consider a Z06 a race car. It's a sports car.

A race car would be the new Viper ACR,

Which car would I rather own? Depends if I would be able to keep my CLK55 or not.