1st SLK55 Allocated!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by Ttsakai
Hey Andrew & Matt,

Great to hear that both of you have your orders at Smythe European and I also live quite near to this dealership. I recently put a deposit down with MarcusBenz for a '06 SLK 55, so it will be a while before I get my car.

I was wondering if either of you could e-mail me when your cars come in so that I can see your cars in person. These cars will be quite scare and having the opportunity to see one "live and in person" would be a real treat. It would be even better if either of you would be gracious enough to allow me a short ride in your car so that I could get a sense of how "tight" the suspensions of the SLK 55 is. This is one area of concern for me given the general poor quality of the roads in the Bay Area and the resulting ride this car will provide.

Thanks,
Sure . I'd be happy to let you come check out the car & go for a ride. Whatever its ride is, it will be more forgiving than my R1. I swear I drop 10lbs when I ride in that car on uneven pavement, But hey, its a serious sports car. I am sure the SLK55 will have a sporting ride, while not beating up its occupants.

I'll shoot you an email over the forum when it arrives (whenever that is - I'm guessing Jan or Feb since I'm #5 on Smythe's wait list).

-Matt
Old 09-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Yellow R1
Sure . I'd be happy to let you come check out the car & go for a ride. Whatever its ride is, it will be more forgiving than my R1. I swear I drop 10lbs when I ride in that car on uneven pavement, But hey, its a serious sports car. I am sure the SLK55 will have a sporting ride, while not beating up its occupants.

I'll shoot you an email over the forum when it arrives (whenever that is - I'm guessing Jan or Feb since I'm #5 on Smythe's wait list).

-Matt
Thanks Matt. I appreciate your generosity. This forum sure has some great members!!
Old 09-21-2004, 01:25 PM

2002M3
Originally Posted by MarcusBenz
masmole,

I just checked the allocation for the Chicago area & there are only 3 dealers that have allocation: Lincolnwood, Naperville & Chicago. All of these cars are 11/2D builds. I do not see anything showing up for the Orland Park dealership.

I would be the one in Chicago but they haven't call me yet!
Old 09-21-2004, 04:18 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 slk55
Originally Posted by Ttsakai
Hey Andrew & Matt,

Great to hear that both of you have your orders at Smythe European and I also live quite near to this dealership. I recently put a deposit down with MarcusBenz for a '06 SLK 55, so it will be a while before I get my car.

I was wondering if either of you could e-mail me when your cars come in so that I can see your cars in person. These cars will be quite scare and having the opportunity to see one "live and in person" would be a real treat. It would be even better if either of you would be gracious enough to allow me a short ride in your car so that I could get a sense of how "tight" the suspensions of the SLK 55 is. This is one area of concern for me given the general poor quality of the roads in the Bay Area and the resulting ride this car will provide.

Thanks,
Not a problem, I just won't be able to fit both you and Matt in the same passenger seat; unless you two want to get real close :-) We can check out the suspension up 280... it's bad near Stevens Creeks but great near Palo Alto.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 slk55
Andrew,

I checked to see if Smythe has a car allocation and they do have one for Nov. build. I checked out the specs and it is Designo Espresso Edition with Mocha Black paint & Black Nappa interior. I am not sure if that is the car you order, but is the only car that they have showing in Netstar. Beshoff Motor Cars has one build spot as well and it is Iridium Silver w/Black-Berry Red two tone interior! I hope this helps
Thanks Marcus. Nope, it's not mine. I got one with Iridium Silver with Black/Gray 2 tone. Beshoff is asking 15K over list for a spot; as of June, they only had 2 on the list... I wonder why :-)

Thanks again.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:18 PM

05 CLK 320
Hey Marcus,
How about the Austin dealership what is their SLK55 allocation. Thank you.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Almost a Member!

03 clk55
test ride quality

Andrew and Matt,

I have an '03 clk55 with the PSS-9 coilovers; would you be interested in doing a ride-quality comparison after you get your '55's? welcome to the AMG club, very soon I hope!
Old 09-23-2004, 04:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
Originally Posted by dinko
Thanks Marcus, just be sure to check the "South Orlando" dealer at Millenia. It's getting late here, hope to hear from you tomorrow

Thanks!
Dinko,

Sorry for the delay, our Netstar system was out of commission all day yesterday. I ran the search for you today & it seems that Maitland or MB of Orlando has 2 allocation spots. One for October build & one for November production. The 1st one is Iridium/Black with Lighting & Entertainment, the other is Mars Red/Black with the same options!
Old 09-23-2004, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Thanks! Is that all the options it lists for the Iridium/Black??
Mine is Iridium/Red & Black Interior plus all options except phone.

My name should be in Netstar as "Dinko Kecanovic" ??

??
Old 09-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cracker123
Hey Marcus,
How about the Austin dealership what is their SLK55 allocation. Thank you.

From what I see, MB of Austin has not received their 1st spot yet! I would have to guess and say that the Sugerland dealer is the next closest that has a spot. They have one allocation, Houston has 2 spots and Plano, Bedford and Dallas all have one spot each!
Old 09-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Banned

Thanks! Is that all the options it lists for the Iridium/Black??
Mine is Iridium/Red & Black Interior plus all options except phone.

My name should be in Netstar as "Dinko Kecanovic" ??

??
I am not sure what to tell you, unless the car is not showing up in our system for some reason. I know that Netstar has been experiencing some problems for the last week or so, that may have something to do with it. The only Iridium/Black & Red two-tone car is at Crown Automobile Co. in Hoover, Alabama! Also, unless the car is in my store's inventory, I cannot see the names of clients that have the car on order.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Thanks Marcus!
Old 09-23-2004, 05:01 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
Dinko,
I would just call your dealer. Even say that 'some friend of yours ordered his car and looked up yours for fun' and now you just wanted to check with him. Is it possible your dealer hasn't gotten an allocation for the car yet (i.e. it's in netstar, but has not PO?). Good luck, and let us know !

All the best,
Dan

Last edited by dosers; 09-23-2004 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:39 AM

05 CLK 320
Thank you,
Old 09-24-2004, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Originally Posted by dosers
Dinko,
I would just call your dealer. Even say that 'some friend of yours ordered his car and looked up yours for fun' and now you just wanted to check with him. Is it possible your dealer hasn't gotten an allocation for the car yet (i.e. it's in netstar, but has not PO?). Good luck, and let us know !

All the best,
Dan
Dealer told me that the car is in production, and production should be done from 1 - 2 weeks. After that, it'll go into shipment. Common sense, but that's the information I have

Perhaps 1 - 1.5 months wait for me.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:40 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
That's good news - did you ask to make sure all the options were on it ? I'd ask for a fax or copy of the netstar printout - just for fun if nothing else :-)

Best,
Dan

Dealer told me that the car is in production, and production should be done from 1 - 2 weeks. After that, it'll go into shipment. Common sense, but that's the information I have

Perhaps 1 - 1.5 months wait for me.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
That's good news - did you ask to make sure all the options were on it ? I'd ask for a fax or copy of the netstar printout - just for fun if nothing else :-)

Best,
Dan
I'll bug him for it next week when I go get the S430's windows tinted and exhaust tips installed
Old 09-26-2004, 04:04 PM

Marcusbenz

marcus

I noticed you pulled up PO's for other guys to see if their cars are in production. If it wouldnt be too much trouble could you check my order. I ordered a Firemist/Beige 55 from Crown Mercedes in Hover Al.

Thanks for any info.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NEEDSLIMITS
marcus

I noticed you pulled up PO's for other guys to see if their cars are in production. If it wouldnt be too much trouble could you check my order. I ordered a Firemist/Beige 55 from Crown Mercedes in Hover Al.

Thanks for any info.
Yes, your car has been allocated to Crown Automobile Co. in Hoover, AL. I cannot tell which decade it is scheduled for production, but it will be built in November for sure! I hope this helps
Old 09-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 slk55
Originally Posted by tritonx
Andrew and Matt,

I have an '03 clk55 with the PSS-9 coilovers; would you be interested in doing a ride-quality comparison after you get your '55's? welcome to the AMG club, very soon I hope!

Sure.. as soon as I get it. Is there an official/semi-official AMG club in the bay area? if not, we should really start one.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:37 PM

2002M3
Check mine???

Marcus,

Can you check mine too? If wouldn't be too much trouble.

Benz of Chicago, Fletcher Jones
1111 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60610

under Stephen W.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 09-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vivianlove
Marcus,

Can you check mine too? If wouldn't be too much trouble.

Benz of Chicago, Fletcher Jones
1111 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60610

under Stephen W.

Thanks in advance!!!
Unfortunately, if the car is not in my inventory, I cannot see any client specific information. All I can see is the color and options that the car will have and what month or decade (if far enough along) that the car will be produced. The MB of Chicago dealer only has 1 car that is "Scheduled, Not Produced" for the month of November. It is Iridium Silver/Black & Berry Red interior with 319-Lighting, 320-Entertainment, 326-Premium & 403-Airscarf. I am not sure if this is your car or not, but it is the only one they have at this time. I hope this help you out!
Old 09-27-2004, 03:47 PM

2002M3
Unfortunately, if the car is not in my inventory, I cannot see any client specific information. All I can see is the color and options that the car will have and what month or decade (if far enough along) that the car will be produced. The MB of Chicago dealer only has 1 car that is "Scheduled, Not Produced" for the month of November. It is Iridium Silver/Black & Berry Red interior with 319-Lighting, 320-Entertainment, 326-Premium & 403-Airscarf. I am not sure if this is your car or not, but it is the only one they have at this time. I hope this help you out!
Yeah, that's my car... Iridium Silver with Black & Berry Red interior

Thanks Marcus and they're just called me while I'm typing this reply.

Once again, Thank You!
Old 09-27-2004, 04:34 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
slots and spots :-)

Marcus,
out of curiosity - it seems from the pattern of the last few weeks, that there aren't any dealerships 'in the US' (pretty broad statement I know) that are getting more than 1 or 2 allocations a months so far. Is that normal ? Do you see that changing?

Best,
Dan.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:32 PM
Banned

Marcus,
out of curiosity - it seems from the pattern of the last few weeks, that there aren't any dealerships 'in the US' (pretty broad statement I know) that are getting more than 1 or 2 allocations a months so far. Is that normal ? Do you see that changing?

Best,
Dan.
I think this will be the situation for the life cycle of this car. My reasoning is that the SLK market is not very large and the 55's target audience is much smaller. So, the factory will keep a tight leash on allocation so that the market does not get too diluted!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st SLK55 Allocated!!!