1st SLK55 Allocated!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
1st SLK55 Allocated!!!

I wanted to let everyone know that Mr. Wolf just got some exciting news from me! We have just been allocated our 1st build spot for the SLK55. It is scheduled for production in the beginning of Oct. & should arrive by mid December, just in time for the Holidays!!
Old 09-18-2004, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
Talking

Thanks for the update !
Fantastic news. Hope that bodes well for the rest of us (wonder when that car was ordered / entered into netstar ;-).

Again, thanks for letting us know!

Best,
Dan
Old 09-18-2004, 02:52 PM

A SL55 delivered 8/18/07, and an E55 wagon delivered 5/11/05
I AM SO EXCITED....like a little kid waiting for Christmas Wolf
Old 09-18-2004, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Mid December??

Mark, what do you think the chances are for those of us 1st on the list on the East Coast?
Old 09-18-2004, 06:41 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
Dinko,
for what it's worth, I am being told now, too, that mine will be built 'late October' which precludes earlier than December. Hoping for you East Coast might have a little headway....

Best,
Dan
Old 09-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dinko
Mid December??

Mark, what do you think the chances are for those of us 1st on the list on the East Coast?
Dinko,

Which dealer did you place your deposit with in FL? I ran a search in the Jacksonville region and there are 9 SLK55 in the "Scheduled Not Produced" status for FL dealers. 95% of them are for beginning of Oct. builds, but one or two are set for Sept., but do not have designated decades of production.
Old 09-18-2004, 08:55 PM

SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mr Wolf
I AM SO EXCITED....like a little kid waiting for Christmas Wolf

yeahhhhh now you're talking slk 55 on the way
Old 09-18-2004, 09:09 PM

could you check orders for other countries?
Old 09-18-2004, 09:42 PM

audi mb bmw
Originally Posted by MarcusBenz
Dinko,

Which dealer did you place your deposit with in FL? I ran a search in the Jacksonville region and there are 9 SLK55 in the "Scheduled Not Produced" status for FL dealers. 95% of them are for beginning of Oct. builds, but one or two are set for Sept., but do not have designated decades of production.
MarcusBenz,

Can you do a search for the Chicago area and see how the SLK55 situation is around here? My dealer is Mercedes Benz of Orland Park and although they have no update for me as far as allocation, the NetStar printout shows a build decade of 092 and supposedly, mine will be the first SLK55 they will deliver. Apparently, my dealer isn't very good at reading NetStar information but you seem to.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by masmole
MarcusBenz,

Can you do a search for the Chicago area and see how the SLK55 situation is around here? My dealer is Mercedes Benz of Orland Park and although they have no update for me as far as allocation, the NetStar printout shows a build decade of 092 and supposedly, mine will be the first SLK55 they will deliver. Apparently, my dealer isn't very good at reading NetStar information but you seem to.
masmole,

I just checked the allocation for the Chicago area & there are only 3 dealers that have allocation: Lincolnwood, Naperville & Chicago. All of these cars are 11/2D builds. I do not see anything showing up for the Orland Park dealership.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:10 AM

audi mb bmw
masmole,

I just checked the allocation for the Chicago area & there are only 3 dealers that have allocation: Lincolnwood, Naperville & Chicago. All of these cars are 11/2D builds. I do not see anything showing up for the Orland Park dealership.
Wow that sucks for me. Looks like I picked the wrong dealer to be #1 on the list for an SLK55. I was hoping I'd have it before December but that's not going to happen. Thanks for checking anyway.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Dinko,

I have the order with Mercedes Benz of South Orlando.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 slk55
Marcus,

Can you check how many were allocated to Smythe European in San Jose and what is their build date? I'm #2 there and was hoping that I can get my car some time this year. Thanks, really appreciate it.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by sjcrash
Marcus,

Can you check how many were allocated to Smythe European in San Jose and what is their build date? I'm #2 there and was hoping that I can get my car some time this year. Thanks, really appreciate it.
when did you order your car?
Old 09-19-2004, 10:43 PM
Banned

Marcus,

If you can wait, I can check for you tomorrow morning. Our Netstar tracking system has been out of commission all day today.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jleung88
could you check orders for other countries?
Sorry, but here in the states, we can only track cars that are allocated to U.S. dealerships!
Old 09-20-2004, 12:06 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Marcus,

Oh man, you bought from the same Dealer I did - Smythe is right by my house . You are #2?...Hey, wanna switch? - I'm #5 on the list :v

Just kidding - you might see your car by January - very cool for you SJCrash!

See ya,
-Matt
Old 09-20-2004, 02:39 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 slk55
If you can wait, I can check for you tomorrow morning. Our Netstar tracking system has been out of commission all day today.
Thanks Marcus!

Matt, I'll give you a ride and let you check it out as soon as I get mine.

-Andrew

Last edited by sjcrash; 09-20-2004 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:36 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Thanks Marcus!

-Andrew
Hey Andrew.

Thanks, maybe a peak at what it looks like? I'm just curious what it looks like in person . No need to take me for a ride - appreciate the offer though.

Maybe shoot me an email when you get your car in? - I'll swing by Smythe & take a look at your new ride man (maybe Smythe will give me a call when they get it in so I can "look" at one! Its good news for you - glad to hear maybe you get it in December.

Curious, what color did you get pal?

See ya,
-Matt
Old 09-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Banned

Thanks Marcus!

-Andrew
Andrew,

I checked to see if Smythe has a car allocation and they do have one for Nov. build. I checked out the specs and it is Designo Espresso Edition with Mocha Black paint & Black Nappa interior. I am not sure if that is the car you order, but is the only car that they have showing in Netstar. Beshoff Motor Cars has one build spot as well and it is Iridium Silver w/Black-Berry Red two tone interior! I hope this helps
Old 09-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Hey Andrew & Matt,

Great to hear that both of you have your orders at Smythe European and I also live quite near to this dealership. I recently put a deposit down with MarcusBenz for a '06 SLK 55, so it will be a while before I get my car.

I was wondering if either of you could e-mail me when your cars come in so that I can see your cars in person. These cars will be quite scare and having the opportunity to see one "live and in person" would be a real treat. It would be even better if either of you would be gracious enough to allow me a short ride in your car so that I could get a sense of how "tight" the suspensions of the SLK 55 is. This is one area of concern for me given the general poor quality of the roads in the Bay Area and the resulting ride this car will provide.

Thanks,
Old 09-20-2004, 10:28 PM

audi mb bmw
Thanks again MarcusBenz for looking up which Illinois dealers had the first allocations, even though none of the three were mine. Now I just thought I'd share of what transpired today... Upset that my dealer wasn't priveleged enough to receive an early first allocation (even though they are high volume and already have at least 5 people with orders placed for an SLK55), I went ahead and called those three dealerships you listed. Amazingly enough, one of the dealerships (I will not name names) who have that SLK55 allocated for November build does not have it spoken for yet! I quickly grabbed my credit card to snag the first spot but right before I started giving out the numbers, I quickly realized what a bunch a$$holes these people were. It seemed that they sensed my eagerness to receive the car early and decided to capitalize by saying "This will be a very rare high-demand car and we have no choice but to sell at market value" How much more than MSRP? I asked.... "We have not figured that out yet but leave us your number so we can contact you when pricing is determined or you can leave a deposit now but it is refundable if the pricing does not suit you later. I suggest leaving a deposit now so that we can at least ensure you the first car delivered. We can always 'agree' on a price later."

Uh, I think that means more like "We can always tell you how much you are going to pay us later." Are these guys for real? In other words, they just told me that they now own my desperate a$$ and will figure out the best price to rip me off but they won't tell me the selling price later even if I drop a deposit so that when the time comes, I will be backed-up against wall with no choice but to pay their premium because I want the car so much. Unbelievable. Talk about taking advantage of the consumer. Of all the 6 MB dealers I've dealt with this year concerning the SLK, this was the first instance of snakery. All the others have been great, sell at MSRP, don't mess around with their wait lists, but unfortunately, they either don't have allocation yet or if they did, it's already spoken for.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Marcus, you seemed to have forgotten my car! Could you please check for the SLK55 at Mercedes Benz of S. Orlando.

Also Marcus, what kind of deal can I get on a 2004/2005 E55 do you think? I will be going for a drive this wednesday, and am highly interested!
Old 09-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dinko
Marcus, you seemed to have forgotten my car! Could you please check for the SLK55 at Mercedes Benz of S. Orlando.

Also Marcus, what kind of deal can I get on a 2004/2005 E55 do you think? I will be going for a drive this wednesday, and am highly interested!
dinko,

I am sorry that I forgot about you, it was not intentinal. I will check on it for you and I think there were a few cars allocated to the Orlando dealer, but do not quote me. As for the E55, I do not have any MY04's left and only have one '05 in stock. The car is Alabaster White/Charcoal and it has Panoroof, Navigation, Lighting & CD changer. We have still been getting MSRP, but if this one sticks around any longer, I might be able to swing a little discount.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Thanks Marcus, just be sure to check the "South Orlando" dealer at Millenia. It's getting late here, hope to hear from you tomorrow

Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st SLK55 Allocated!!!