SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

362hp OR 355hp OR both for North America?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yellow R1

1) You have digressed from being proven wrong that the N/A SLK55 powerplant is indeed 93% as efficient as the highest output American V8 (even though we all know its not even available in convertable format like the SLK55. The Vette's convertable powerplant is actually less efficient than the SLK55's, but hey, whos counting?)

2) Due to your inability to face your little theory being dismantled in #1 above, you result to petty little insults (all of which are misinformed) like trying to insult one of my cars, or your perceived position of my financial status? Its obvious you are hardly a Mental Giant.

3) However, while we are on the topic of my RX-7 R1, it competes in the annual Concourso in Monterey, CA. It was 1 of 350 ever produced by Mazda Corporation & it placed 2nd in its category this year at the Concourso. Here's the website you Clown: http://www.concorso.com/ I was recently offered $40k for it, but I always decline to sell - its a fun drive. You feeling like an azz yet?

4) My financial position is hardly your business. :p However, lets put it this way, both me & my wife each have been making 6 figures for years. Ever heard of a place called Silicon Valley?...Intel? Stock options? You getting the general gist here Brilliance?

5) Yes, I am "well travelled". I work for a Fortune 500 Semiconductor firm & negotiate multi-million dollar manufacturing contracts in SEA, NA, & Europe. I've had my Limo drive the Singapore to Malaysia route several times & its nothing but Banana trees (we also have a manufacturing plant in Malacca, I know the route like the back of my hand & that is NOT Singapore - Malaysia is a foreign country last time I checked). And, by the way, I stay at the finest 5 star hotels in both Singapore & KL, but thanks for your 2 cent price reference! :p

Summary:
We all know you are the poor individual with a chip on his shoulder. You drive a 185hp low end junker with a non functional top, yet talk about high power sports cars? My Schwinn is faster than your SLK .

Do us a favor, quit postulating what you "think" other stranger's income "might be" on some internet car forum & stick with what you know. That wouldn't be much, but its better than digging yourself deeper & deeper into a hole & making yourself look like an immature AZZ to everyone on the Benz Forum.

-Matt
Matt there you go agian with more I am only reponding as it's amuses me to see how wound up you get.

1) you quoted 93% not me. This was my orginal point the AMG tuned na V8 can not match the GM tuned corvette V8...

2) yes sir

3) thanks for the great site some really beautufl cars here. Sorry no mention of your car in the prizes on this site. what did you win the 2nd best ricer or the 2nd loudest fart pipe?

4) I never asked about your financial position... you really can't read can you. Why do you spend so much time trying explain how much money you have??? insecure perhaps??? Six figures well done you must be proud of your wife, but come and join the big boys as an Expat in Asia and earn six figures and pay less than 20% tax and have the company pay for your housing, car, etc. My wife drives my company car and it's not a Mazda :p

5) If you really knew the route from Singapore to Malaysia you would know that it was palm tree and not banana trees that made up most of senery. If you had an IQ you would know the coast lines where the really beautiful senery is are 50kms either side of this highway from Singapore to KL.

Thank you for advising that you stay at the "finest" 5 star hotels in both Singapore & KL, I am very very impressed and i shall never ever have any doubts that you are a very impressive individual

Summary, intersting that you should defend youself by attacking others, has this been a trait of your since childhood? Have you sort proffessional advice?
Now Matt the first step to self help is to get your hands off your gerkin!

BTW Matt if you really did have a job negotiating you would not loose your cool every time someone disagreed with you... would you now? What is your real job? I have seen a few old Madzas parked in the employee lots a McDonalds, me thinks one of them could be yours :p

Last edited by JohnSLK; 10-06-2004 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:16 AM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Matt there you go agian with more I am only reponding as it's amuses me to see how wound up you get.

1) you quoted 93% not me. This was my orginal point the AMG tuned na V8 can not match the GM tuned corvette V8...

No, you said the AMG motor was not nearly as efficient as many other N/A V8 powerplants. Little Johnny was wrong & had to resort to petty personal attacks. Nice grammer....."it's amuses me"?

2) yes sir

Ya, thats what I thought.

3) thanks for the great site some really beautufl cars here. Sorry no mention of your car in the prizes on this site. what did you win the 2nd best ricer or the 2nd loudest fart pipe?

Where did you learn how to spell? Geezus son, get a dictionary (it was bad before, but it gets worse with each post). And since you have obviously never been to Concours, they don't "post" awards. The owner takes his/her prize as a personal accomplishment & goes home (they don't need their ego stroked like little Johnny in his SLK). I guess I should tell my friend he should sell his 427 side-oiler Cobra & buy a little 185hp girlie car (since it was built in the late 60's).

What is all this "ricer" terminology? An RX-7 Twin Turbo is "rice"? Man, you really ARE clueless. I guess I should sell my 400hp race car for a little "girlie 185 hp SLK"? Hilarious! You couldn't DRIVE a high horsepower vehicle if your life depended on it. My guess is you haven't wrenched anything since you took your training wheels off your SLK, I mean your trike. I'll give you a real simple test, what is the typical drivetrain hp percentage loss for a RWD manual?

4) I never asked about your financial position... you really can't read can you. Why do you spend so much time trying explain how much money you have??? insecure perhaps??? Six figures well done you must be proud of your wife, but come and join the big boys as an Expat in Asia and earn six figures and pay less than 20% tax and have the company pay for your housing, car, etc. My wife drives my company car and it's not a Mazda :p

Another Brilliant deduction. I've already been an Expat you clown, for 3 years to be exact. It was a good experience, but I'm happier back here in Cali. I guess I'm a "big boy" because I was an Expat? Uhhh, no. "Big Boys" are executive level staff & make 7 figures, Brilliance. That hole you dig is now a "pit" . Keep it up Buddy!

5) If you really knew the route from Singapore to Malaysia you would know that it was palm tree and not banana trees that made up most of senery. If you had an IQ you would know the coast lines where the really beautiful senery is are 50kms either side of this highway from Singapore to KL.

Again, nice spelling. Oh ya, I made the whole thing up. You got me. I misidentified the fields of banana trees with palm trees. Hey, guess what, there are both! The palm trees are exported for revenue & the bananas, well, pretty self evident. Its a 3 hour boring azz drive from SG to Malaysia. Nice try, but you just f'd up again. :p

Thank you for advising that you stay at the "finest" 5 star hotels in both Singapore & KL, I am very very impressed and i shall never ever have any doubts that you are a very impressive individual

Great. You can now stow it. (you might want to capitalize "i")

Summary, intersting that you should defend youself by attacking others, has this been a trait of your since childhood?

"Intersting"? How about "interesting"? I digress, ....I haven't attacked anybody. You, on the other hand, starting raising little "BS" flags like an azz. When you attack someone, you better be ready to take your own medicine. What's wrong? Get your little feelings hurt ?

Have you sort proffessional advice?

WHAT is that?....Is that some sort of an ill fated attempt at a question? Good Lord son, go back to school.

Now Matt the first step to self help is to get your hands off your gerkin!

Its obvious you have got some serious personal problems and frankly, we don't want to hear about them on a Mercedes forum. What is it with your obsession about playing with yourself? You, Johnny, are a rather sick & discusting pup.

BTW Matt if you really did have a job negotiating you would not loose your cool every time someone disagreed with you... would you now? What is your real job? I have seen a few old Madzas parked in the employee lots a McDonalds, me thinks one of them could be yours

Now I'm taking "work" advise from a McDonalds french-fry cook that has the grammatical skill of 4th grader? Oh yea, thats gonna fly.

Please, go drive your little girlie SLK into a Mayalsian palm tree. The world, and this forum, would be a better place without you and your drivel.

-Matt

Last edited by Yellow R1; 10-07-2004 at 03:19 AM.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:13 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Yellow R1
Nice grammer....."it's amuses me"? -Matt
Mathew before you start giving English lessons maybe you should learn how to spell grammar first.

You sound really pissed, hope you didn't have an accident leaving the McDonald's carpark :p You can take out your frustrations by blowing off some old lady in her Caddy and thinking how wonderful the fartpipe on your old Mazda sounds but really wishing you had an SLK, any SLK.

Yellow1 any way you slice it your true colours are know.

Last edited by JohnSLK; 10-07-2004 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:03 AM

i am sure it is 355hp - because the intake manifold on the slk55 is slightly different, but not so sure if this is the reason or not. but yes, 355hp.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:11 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by JohnSLK
Mathew before you start giving English lessons maybe you should learn how to spell grammar first.

You sound really pissed, hope you didn't have an accident leaving the McDonald's carpark :p You can take out your frustrations by blowing off some old lady in her Caddy and thinking how wonderful the fartpipe on your old Mazda sounds but really wishing you had an SLK, any SLK.

Yellow1 any way you slice it your true colours are know.
Haha!. That is hilarious. There is 1 misspelling in my post & you had TWENTY THREE . Geezus son, you have misspelled one of the Disciples of Jesus Christ on every occasion....its MaTThew, not "Mathew". With a name like "John", people would think you might be able to swing Matthew.

Back to the subject at hand (engine efficiency, remember?), your point was proven incorrect. You then went on some sort of ill fated personal attack jihad, & again, got beat down (since you made it personal).

You think I am "mad"? This is ENTERTAINMENT. Its hilarious to watch you skwirm around & grasp at straws. You have the debate skills of a clam.

Here's a recap for JohnSLK:
1) The SLK55 engine efficiency is MORE efficient that any N/A V8 put into a convertable in the US (and over 94% as efficient as the Z06 after rechecking SLK engine displacement at 5.43L - not 5.5, which is not even offerred in a Vert format like the SLK55)
Status - JohnSLK's engine efficiency statement is wrongo! (not real wise to attack an SLK55 on an SLK55 Forum to begin with pal)

2) John drives a 185 Hp weedeater, yet talks of the SLK55 not being "impressive". Comical, especially when it puts out TWICE the power of his girlie car. John then tries to attack the owner of a 430Hp twin turbo RX-7 by calling the car "rice" . My 4dr family car gas more power than his weedeater .
Status: John not only has an inferiority complex, but best not pull up to a light less his girle car be enveloped in a billowing cloud of burning rubber left by my 275/40YR 17's This is hardly a possible event seeing how Johnny-boy lives on a little spec of an island out in the Pacific, but hey, its still funny as hell to think about.

3) "JohnSLK" then continues to post away with the grammatical skill of a 4th grader.
Status: No change. Johnny still can't spell (or form a cognitive sentence), "Yellow1 any way you slice it your true colours are know". WTF is that?

4) JohnSLK's "pit" is now nearing the earth's core last time the Forum members looked. He's still swingin' away though! We hear Satan himself can hear John's "swooshing" as he nears the earth's core.

5) Its time for John to get back to his duties as the frech fry guy at McDonalds. This is the only reason we can discern as to why he is so familiar with its parking lot?

-Matt

Last edited by Yellow R1; 10-10-2004 at 02:14 PM.