SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

My SLK 55 is built

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2004 | 07:15 PM

A SL55 delivered 8/18/07, and an E55 wagon delivered 5/11/05
My SLK 55 is built

Marcus Benz just e-mailed me and informed me MY CAR has been built and is undergoing inspections and will soon be assigned a ship to Los Angeles. Cant wait Wolf
Old 11-03-2004 | 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
I've been on the list for quite a long time. I've never been this excited about a car!

Congrats Wolf
Old 11-04-2004 | 08:20 AM

SLK55
Well worth the wait!

Last edited by fredfromny; 11-04-2004 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-04-2004 | 01:25 PM
Almost a Member!

SLK55 AMG
US SLK55 AMG waiting list?

Hi Guys

As you may be aware I am No. 9 in the UK for an SLK55... I was getting so excited until I was told that I may have to relocate to south-west Florida early next year!!! Can anyone advise just how long I would have to wait to get hold of a car if I ordered in the US now?

Rgds

MJT
Old 11-04-2004 | 02:44 PM

SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Marky-Mark
Hi Guys

As you may be aware I am No. 9 in the UK for an SLK55... I was getting so excited until I was told that I may have to relocate to south-west Florida early next year!!! Can anyone advise just how long I would have to wait to get hold of a car if I ordered in the US now?

Rgds

MJT

why dont u ship it from the uk to florida?
Old 11-05-2004 | 06:19 AM
Almost a Member!

SLK55 AMG
UK spec car, which would be right-hand drive? Don't think that would work... I've tried to contact Mercedes-Benz of Fort Myers without success so a waiting time from you guys would suffice for now.

Rgds

Marky-Mark
Old 11-05-2004 | 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
what dealer did you get your car from fredfromny? mb of manhattan?

Trending Topics

Old 11-05-2004 | 12:03 PM

W210 E320, SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Marky-Mark
As you may be aware I am No. 9 in the UK for an SLK55... I was getting so excited until I was told that I may have to relocate to south-west Florida early next year!!!
Go for it, I say (moves me up one place in the queue )
Old 11-05-2004 | 11:22 PM

audi mb bmw
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
what dealer did you get your car from fredfromny? mb of manhattan?
Judging by his license plate frame, looks like MB of Huntington. Ah, my old 'hood.
Old 11-17-2004 | 03:26 AM

A SL55 delivered 8/18/07, and an E55 wagon delivered 5/11/05
Just reading my email at 12:25 am...Marcus Benz sent me an email saying my SLK55 is due to arrive in Los Angeles on 12/8 and should be ready for delivery on 12/12 oe 12/13 Wolf
Old 11-17-2004 | 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by Mr Wolf
Just reading my email at 12:25 am...Marcus Benz sent me an email saying my SLK55 is due to arrive in Los Angeles on 12/8 and should be ready for delivery on 12/12 oe 12/13 Wolf

I am sure you can't wait for 12/12 or12/13...rite

Any mod are you gonna do with the car??
Old 11-18-2004 | 06:56 PM

2005 SLK55 2003 Acura MDX
Mine is on the terrain! I should get it next week. I am very exited! I hope you get yours soon too.

Originally Posted by Mr Wolf
Marcus Benz just e-mailed me and informed me MY CAR has been built and is undergoing inspections and will soon be assigned a ship to Los Angeles. Cant wait Wolf
Old 11-18-2004 | 07:15 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
Talking Got it !!!

Well, almost ;-)
Just came back from my dealer, signing all the papers:
My car is arriving in LA the 22nd of November, at the dealership at the 26th !!!
Now, I'm going back to Germany and won't be back until the 29th, so I'll take delivery of my SLK55 (w/ every option) the 30th and will post - if anyone's interested ;-)

All the best,
Dan
Old 11-18-2004 | 07:29 PM

First of all I am happy for you. It looks like we got a dog race going on! I will post pictures too.

Second: WAS ZUM TEUFEL You monitor everybody’s threads? Do you get an alert when someone posts/replies? In any case, keep up the good work!

Originally Posted by dosers
Well, almost ;-)
Just came back from my dealer, signing all the papers:
My car is arriving in LA the 22nd of November, at the dealership at the 26th !!!
Now, I'm going back to Germany and won't be back until the 29th, so I'll take delivery of my SLK55 (w/ every option) the 30th and will post - if anyone's interested ;-)

All the best,
Dan
Old 11-18-2004 | 07:43 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
Hat mit dem Teufel nix zu tun - nur Glueck ! :-)

Thank you - and same for you, obviously ! :-) And no, only monitoring the GOOD threads of course !

Looks like some of us all will be happy for christmas (and before) in any case !

All the best,
Dan

Originally Posted by Teufel
First of all I am happy for you. It looks like we got a dog race going on! I will post pictures too.

Second: WAS ZUM TEUFEL You monitor everybody’s threads? Do you get an alert when someone posts/replies? In any case, keep up the good work!
Old 11-18-2004 | 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Ich habe nicht sogar verteilung noch und morgens zuerst auf der liste empfangen. sehr dissapointing!!!

Last word I got from dealer is that my Sales Manager sat down with my dealer's rep and was told that they did not yet get the allocation, and still have a chance to get the car this year! Hopefully soon!
Old 11-18-2004 | 10:44 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
Dinko,
believe me, I know how frustrating this is - I threw quite a few fits with my poor sales guy (poor in as much that he probably didn't have a lot of say or control in this matter).
I can maybe 'calm' you by saying, I was bumped to a car that had an allocation and hence I could have exactly the way I wanted - without having to wait for my originally ordered car. I am SURE now, that would not have made it here till the February / March time frame....

Honestly, I wish you all the best and hopefully you'll get good news soon !!
They WOULD have to get your a build spot pretty much 'now' to make it this year.... I hate to say it, but with all the holidays, I'd probably not count on it - as I didn't either....

Again, ALL THE BEST,
Dan

Originally Posted by dinko
Ich habe nicht sogar verteilung noch und morgens zuerst auf der liste empfangen. sehr dissapointing!!!

Last word I got from dealer is that my Sales Manager sat down with my dealer's rep and was told that they did not yet get the allocation, and still have a chance to get the car this year! Hopefully soon!
Old 11-18-2004 | 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Dinko,
believe me, I know how frustrating this is - I threw quite a few fits with my poor sales guy (poor in as much that he probably didn't have a lot of say or control in this matter).
I can maybe 'calm' you by saying, I was bumped to a car that had an allocation and hence I could have exactly the way I wanted - without having to wait for my originally ordered car. I am SURE now, that would not have made it here till the February / March time frame....

Honestly, I wish you all the best and hopefully you'll get good news soon !!
They WOULD have to get your a build spot pretty much 'now' to make it this year.... I hate to say it, but with all the holidays, I'd probably not count on it - as I didn't either....

Again, ALL THE BEST,
Dan
Dan,
Appreciate the answer. You were 'bumped' to a car that had an allocation? Could you please elaborate that, and perhaps what I could do to get the car sooner?

Perhaps adding the last option to the car (Hands-Free Option) ?

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2004 | 12:30 AM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
It's nothing fancy really. To cut a looong story short - The dealer was getting one car ahead of me. However, they also received one of the 'special' cars MB gave dealers as a bonus (Markus Benz & you talked about it earlier). They were able to shift my order around (i.e. my original order they will now use for someone else that walks in) due to the fact that they had an extra one. As they knew I would only have the car in exactly my specs and colour (some of the 'bonus' cars come sans nav DVD, no lighting pack etc. etc.) I worked something out with them - in short, I paid a very little premium, I mentioned having to consider other dealers etc.
THere's more to the story, but the bottomline is - I didn't do that much. It was after the fact that I knew (through my sales guy to give him credit !) they had an extra car that I asked them to let me partake in this somewhat. A bit of it was luck, no doubt, a bit of it me breaking down and paying premium (again, very little or I would have not done it) for the benefit of time.

Anyway, hope that answers the question. Feel free to PM me, and I can give you the rest of the story (don't want to put it all on the public board) - but again, there isnt' THAT much to it....

Fact is, it seems, at least for SoCal, I know of NO dealership that is getting more than a single ORDERED car this year (and some, not naming names ask for a preposterous 15k premium !!!). SOME dealers do get 2 - but that seems to be solely due to the 'bonus' allocation for certain dealers that MBenz alluded to earlier (and that you if I recall, first reported on on the board :-) ).

Dan,
Appreciate the answer. You were 'bumped' to a car that had an allocation? Could you please elaborate that, and perhaps what I could do to get the car sooner?

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2004 | 12:33 AM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
PS - you COULD check with your dealer (or dare I say, other dealerships) IF they are getting one of these bonus cars (though the West Coast ones are all arriving next week, Canada included - so the east coast might already have been delivered). Maybe they will a)find a car that is EXACTLY what you ordered or b) they can get you on a car with a build date / allocation if it freed up (since they gave their BONUS car to that person). In the end, be aware as I said of the premiums. I was aghast at the 15k premiums asked by at least 2 SoCal dealers straight up. Don't know about you, but I wouldn't even consider that....

Best,
Dan

Dan,

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2004 | 02:02 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
I'm like #5 on my MB list. The guy in #1 spot put his order in August 2002. THAT is planning ahead!

Ahh well, my Sales guy is fighting for me & felt bad so he walked me around the back. There is a stand alone/separate & small storage room was a brand new SLR. It was pretty slick (very nice interior).

-Matt
Old 11-19-2004 | 02:12 PM

Glueck? Wirklich! Komm doch alter! Teufel hat dir ein frueher Weihnachtsgeschenk geschickt! Zum Teufel mit Glueck!

Christmas present? May be for you in LA; not here in Vancouver! I can visualize you cruising your SLK55 top down with windows up, down to Malibu! And I can visualize my SLK55 hibernating in my garage with me in it fielding with the buttons and checking out the HK system! You know the small matter of white stuff!

I can not believe what you guys have to go through to buy a special car in the States! So hectic and crazy! Reading your stories reminds me of over-the top Hollywood movies! But I still love LA. I really miss my regular trips to LA; since we sold our office building on Wilshire Blvd.

PS - you COULD check with your dealer (or dare I say, other dealerships) IF they are getting one of these bonus cars (though the West Coast ones are all arriving next week, Canada included - so the east coast might already have been delivered). Maybe they will a)find a car that is EXACTLY what you ordered or b) they can get you on a car with a build date / allocation if it freed up (since they gave their BONUS car to that person). In the end, be aware as I said of the premiums. I was aghast at the 15k premiums asked by at least 2 SoCal dealers straight up. Don't know about you, but I wouldn't even consider that....

Best,
Dan
Old 11-19-2004 | 02:51 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
Talking

:-) Naja, war nicht alles Glueck. Glueck, Teufel UND Geld. Daraufhin kommt's am Ende immer raus - jedenfalls mit Auto Verkaeufern! :-)

It's interesting for ME to see the contrast between car salesmen (and women) and car shopping in the US and Germany in general. The first time I bought a car in the US was quite a shocker to me ;-)
And that boils down to tactics still today: The whole culture of paying premium, haggling, basically trying to outsmart each other I'll never quite get used to, but at least I learned to play the game.

By the way, Winter nights in LA can get QUITE cold. And sometimes it rains for days on end ;-) Been to Vanouver many times, though never in thick of winter :-) Tell you what though, I'd drive the car in Winter in Berlin, with the heat blaring, rather than have it sit in the garage.

Cheers,
Daniel

Originally Posted by Teufel
Glueck? Wirklich! Komm doch alter! Teufel hat dir ein frueher Weihnachtsgeschenk geschickt! Zum Teufel mit Glueck!

Christmas present? May be for you in LA; not here in Vancouver! I can visualize you cruising your SLK55 top down with windows up, down to Malibu! And I can visualize my SLK55 hibernating in my garage with me in it fielding with the buttons and checking out the HK system! You know the small matter of white stuff!

I can not believe what you guys have to go through to buy a special car in the States! So hectic and crazy! Reading your stories reminds me of over-the top Hollywood movies! But I still love LA. I really miss my regular trips to LA; since we sold our office building on Wilshire Blvd.