SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

My thoughts after 150 miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2004 | 03:47 AM

A SL55 delivered 8/18/07, and an E55 wagon delivered 5/11/05
My thoughts after 150 miles

As you have seen in Lady Wolfs post, I finally got the SLK55. I have put on 150 miles and will share my thoughts. 1. WOW!!! 2. Seriously the car has exceeded my expectations. I am finding it difficult to keep in the guidelines for the first 1000 miles (85 MPH 4500 RPM) I am keeping the sticker on the window to remind me to cool it. 3. The HK sound system is just killer I am not a big music man I am happy to listen to right wing talk radio but I made my wife get an Ipod and download part of our vast musical collection into it for the car ...I have not even started fooling around with Navi yet ( I am a man I know where I am going). 4. Seats- yesterday I found the seat hard and was unconfertable but today I opionion it that they are very supportive and I am getting use to a sports car feel. You do feel every bump in the road. 5. Handling-(see #1) this car handles great a little flick of the wrist you change lanes no body roll in turns , I love it 6 Brakes- no hard stops yet but they are responsive and smooth on normal stops BUT they squeek I really dont hear it in the car to bad but my wife says she hears me down the street has I come home...if this does not improve with wear in I will take it to the MB service. This and a rattle from glove box CD area are my only complaints right now I will keep everyone up to date Wolf
Old 12-17-2004 | 10:17 AM

BMW 323i
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have noticed that everyone seems to agree on the ample power and good handling characteristics of the SLK55. However, there is some debate on how good the seats are. I've heard comments ranging from "excellent side bolster supports" to "needing a pillow". I am guessing that the harsher ride has much to do with the overall seat comfort level on longer trips. Glad to hear that they seem to grow on you

Thanks again for your comments! Mine is arriving next week!!!!!
Old 12-17-2004 | 10:37 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 SLK 55 AMG
Cool your rattle in glove box.

Your rattle in glove box could be due to the antenna ring remover, or whatever it is called. my salesman showed me that it was in the glove box. Also it took me 3 days to find the JUST RIGHTadjustment on my seats. Now i'm as snug as a bug in a rug. Very comfortable

Last edited by cubby2000; 12-17-2004 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-17-2004 | 11:00 AM

What is that and where is it?

Mark told us nothing about a ring remover. What is it and where is it so we can see if that's it?
Wolf
Old 12-17-2004 | 01:53 PM

SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mr Wolf
As you have seen in Lady Wolfs post, I finally got the SLK55. I have put on 150 miles and will share my thoughts. 1. WOW!!! 2. Seriously the car has exceeded my expectations. I am finding it difficult to keep in the guidelines for the first 1000 miles (85 MPH 4500 RPM) I am keeping the sticker on the window to remind me to cool it. 3. The HK sound system is just killer I am not a big music man I am happy to listen to right wing talk radio but I made my wife get an Ipod and download part of our vast musical collection into it for the car ...I have not even started fooling around with Navi yet ( I am a man I know where I am going). 4. Seats- yesterday I found the seat hard and was unconfertable but today I opionion it that they are very supportive and I am getting use to a sports car feel. You do feel every bump in the road. 5. Handling-(see #1) this car handles great a little flick of the wrist you change lanes no body roll in turns , I love it 6 Brakes- no hard stops yet but they are responsive and smooth on normal stops BUT they squeek I really dont hear it in the car to bad but my wife says she hears me down the street has I come home...if this does not improve with wear in I will take it to the MB service. This and a rattle from glove box CD area are my only complaints right now I will keep everyone up to date Wolf

actually it is not a rattle in the glove box , i'll tell you the trick, it is the seat belt on the passenger seat, just turn it inward to the seat and not outward , when no one is seating beside you , because if you did let it outward it will touch the door everytime you go on a bumpy road! and you will hear a rattling sound
Old 12-17-2004 | 02:15 PM

rattle in car fixed

The rattling noise in the car was my garage door opener on the sun visior (DUH) Its fixed now gotta program the homelink.
Old 12-20-2004 | 01:47 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 SLK55
Originally Posted by Mr Wolf
Mark told us nothing about a ring remover. What is it and where is it so we can see if that's it?
Wolf
It is used to unscrew the antenna.