Went To LA Auto Show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 55 AMG
Went To LA Auto Show

On Sunday January 9, 2005 I went to the LA Auto Show. I went to all the car companies and I went to the basement where there is all this aftermarket stuff (basement is the best every yera, cars are really tricked out).

I went to the exotic cars first and I saw Tom Cruise and Steven Spillberg. I didn't want to bother both of them and no one else did. People were taking pictures though. Tom Cruise and Steven Spillberg looked at the Bently display and turned their backs to enter in the Spyker display. Now Spyker is a different looking car and it is not like others, but its design needs work. But why did they go to Spyker and not Bently? However, Bently had the same cars there as last year. Now all the exotic displays have the glass window or rope around them to block people from coming on the display. Basicly only serious buyers can get behind the lines. So my dad, my friend, and I got into the Brabus display to look at the 2005 SLK and 2005 SL of Brabus. A minute later Tom Cruise and Spillberg come into the Brabus display and it is just us with them there. I still didn't care about talking to him or anything, but what was funny though that when people were taking pictures of him, my friend and I were in all of their photos. So if you went and have two teenagers standing next to Tom Cruise, the shorter one would be me. Tom is a small guy too, he is my height and I think around my weight: 5 ft 8 in , 155 lbs. This means he can also fit in the trunk of a SLK 55 AMG.

But anyway, the 2005 SL 55 Brabus is really nice, they did a good job on it.
The SLK 55 AMG Brabus will get a new engine that costs $40,000, which has 440 hp. The SLK 350 Brabus they had did not even have a Brabus engine in it and they told me that they don't have an engine upgrade for it, which I thought was bs. There is this cool light option that is attached to the top console or garage door opener, when you hit the button 3 lights on one side turn on under the car, blueish white, and 3 more on the other side. The body kit for the SLK Brabus was good too, interior was nice. The Brabus pictures of the SLK that you see on the internet don't look good, but in person the car is really nice. I suggest no one with an SLK 55 AMG to upgrade anything to Brabus, your exhaust pipes get smaller, the seats are similiar and you already have a body kit. You can buy the wheels and do the lights at an aftermarket place. But for the SLK 350, sure why not, the interior is much better for you guys, you get 4 exhaust pipes, better body kit. The CLS was also there, and it looked good, but not enough Brabus work was done on it. Every car was black too. All of the car classes were there, but not every type from each class. Such as the CLK 55 AMG was there, but not the CLK 500.

At the MBZ display, which is not in the exotic section, had the SLK 55 AMG in the back corner. The SLK 350 was in the front. What! I guess they wanted to make people touch the SLK 350 more and ruin that car, rather than the 55 AMG being messed up. The SL 65 AMG was there in Diamond Silver. Diamond silver looks good only in the SL. I ordered a SLK 350 in diamond silver with AMG SPorts Package and it looked bad, thats how I got my Black SLK 55 AMG.

I bought a lot of wax, polish, wheel cleaner stuff.

Last edited by Deuce; 01-10-2005 at 12:13 AM. Reason: error
Old 01-10-2005, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SC'ed BMW 330Ci
The Brabus upgrade for the SLK55 is definitely pricy with a MSRP of $37,000. Basically its an increase in engine displacement to a 6.1 liter, ugraded tranny, and diff. It gains about 80-85hp. Very high price to performance ratio, about $436 a HP, but good NA power. Much higher gains with a supercharged SLK but probably not as smooth and reliable as the Brabus 6.1 upgrade.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
Welcome to the land of BRABUS........ :v :p