SLR McLaren (C199) Discussion on the SLR Coupe, Roadster and Sterling Moss Edition.

SLR/C199/R199/Z199: New SLR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New SLR

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../60707005/1024
Old 07-10-2006, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E420
Photos of the new SLR '722 Edition"

Click here for photos and full press release of the new SLR '722 Edition"

I love the car, but I am not sure that I like the wheels

Old 07-10-2006, 02:49 PM
A_B

Mercedes
I like the previous rims more, but its still nice.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:13 PM
ON PROBATION

Wow.

Sounds good to me (even though they're going to have to paint the wheels on mine silver for my tastes...).

I'm sure that I will be joining the SLR Club at Paul Ricard (that's a nearby track for one of my residences in Europe) - and this car just seems to go well with that.

Stay tuned -

Old 07-11-2006, 12:44 AM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Originally Posted by ClayJ
Wow.

Sounds good to me (even though they're going to have to paint the wheels on mine silver for my tastes...).

I'm sure that I will be joining the SLR Club at Paul Ricard (that's a nearby track for one of my residences in Europe) - and this car just seems to go well with that.

Stay tuned -

Does Hot Wheels customize models these days? Get real dude. That makes a new SLR,new G65 XL's, new R63's, new ML63's, new S65's etc, all coming in. Remember the forum rules about false info? Aren't you still on probation?
Old 07-11-2006, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=14432
Old 07-11-2006, 04:41 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by Juice it
....That makes a new SLR,new G65 XL's, new R63's, new ML63's, new S65's etc, all coming in. Remember the forum rules about false info? Aren't you still on probation?
This thread isn't about me - but is about the 722 and the SLR Club at Paul Ricard.... I did, however, post that I am now interested in picking up a 722 and garaging it in Europe, and in engaging with the SLR Club at Paul Ricard in France - so fair's fair, I suppose..

I am replacing almost all of my MBZ's this year, and am replacing some non-MBZ's with MBZ's.

I never knowingly post anything that is false or untrue; and if I unknowingly do so, and another member corrects me, I thank them for doing so.

And yes, I am quite obviously still on probation status; but I don't in reality have any fears of further jeapordizing my status as a member - and I am sure that at some point in the future that I will be removed from this status -- however that works.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:54 PM
A_B

Mercedes
I really don't want to turn this into a bashfest, but honestly Clay, do you not see the perspective of like 99% of this forum? how annoyed people get, when somone claims to own these cars and cannot actually prove so, beyond a reasonable doubt. I really don't care anymore because whether you have these cars or you don't will never affect me. I'm just hear to talk about the cars I love, just as you are. Reguardless I just hope you see why some people may be questioning your validity, and see if you understand why some people may choose to take you as a joke until they see proof they cannot dispute or question.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:14 PM

SLK 55 AMG
"Lighter, Stronger, Faster" Ok the engine is a little tweaked the the brackes slightly uprated. Why is lighter and strongeR? Not sure you can have a special edition of this car. it's pretty special as it comes in general.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:47 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by A_B
I really don't want to turn this into a bashfest, but honestly Clay, do you not see the perspective of like 99% of this forum? how annoyed people get, when somone claims to own these cars and cannot actually prove so, beyond a reasonable doubt. I really don't care anymore because whether you have these cars or you don't will never affect me. I'm just hear to talk about the cars I love, just as you are. Reguardless I just hope you see why some people may be questioning your validity, and see if you understand why some people may choose to take you as a joke until they see proof they cannot dispute or question.
Sure - but it is still an unwanted, unwarranted waste of time - and an unwelcome interruption - to post such in a happily advancing thread -- correct?

Old 07-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by ClayJ
I never knowingly post anything that is false or untrue; and if I unknowingly do so, and another member corrects me, I thank them for doing so.

And yes, I am quite obviously still on probation status; but I don't in reality have any fears of further jeapordizing my status as a member - and I am sure that at some point in the future that I will be removed from this status -- however that works.

In that case would it be possible for you to make the corrections in the previous threads? You know; the ones about the auto salon, the cars, the statement about about your dislike of members being dishonest, the ones about proof not found by searching the i-net, etc.

As you stated above you hate nothing more than deception. Why don't you put an end to it for the benefit of all members? I think that would be one way for you to improve your standing within this community.

And yes; as you mentioned previously I banned you based on your rebuttal after you had been advised. Keep it to the subject matter on hand, adhere to your posted principals, and you should have nothing to fear. Sounds reasonable; doesn't it?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
now the only thing they gotta do with the slr is revise the price, looks like mb still got the crack pipe in their hands
Old 07-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
This version looks smaller for some reason.

P.S. Why doesn't one of the admins take Clay off probation so he can post the proof?
Old 07-11-2006, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
you can still post pics while on probation they just cant be attached thru mbworld you gotta use an external host like imageshack.us
Old 07-11-2006, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
you can still post pics while on probation they just cant be attached thru mbworld you gotta use an external host like imageshack.us
Old 07-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
He doesn't want to use imageshack because he fears that there is some sort of security risk in it.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Looks hot.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:31 AM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by BklynBenz
I appreciate that, Bklyn -- but I have already taken a look at all of the image-hosting sites, and any of them would just increase my exposure on the net by a hundredfold....

Not something that I really want to do at the moment. I have pretty much decided on that front to just have my own webpage for posting pics and vids; and then anyone can go there to their heart's content -- and I won't be identified or linked to them in any way.

The pics will all keep until I am off probation.

In fact, I am looking forward to quite a bit of fun in posting up pics whenever that time comes -
Old 07-12-2006, 11:16 AM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
How about all the users agree to let the mods lift your ban for one day and you either post your pics or they ban you for good? Would that work for you? Seems fair to me since that is all you are waiting for now to show the board your fleet. Let me guess, you aren't at a computer that has any pics and won't be for months...
Old 07-12-2006, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Back to topic, I think it looks much better than the current model, the turbine wheels looks hideous, the SLR looks soft, this one looks mean and aggressive, with the CF interior and a darker exterior. I like it.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
They should've put the interior cf since the beginning.. what were they thinking. I still don't like the big SLR in the middle, it looks to me that they ran out of idea about what to do with that part of the console.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Clay, I personally wish you would just leave MBWorld. A lot of people here don't believe what you say anyway, but you keep on trying to create a drama by claiming something that a lot of people here believe you don't possess at all. What's funny is then later on you'd try to act stupid by saying "hey this thread isn't about me". So far this thread has 22 posts including this one, and 12 of them are talking about you (including this one), fueled by you. Again, I really wish you would just leave. My 02. And no, I don't need to hear what you have to say about my post.