SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: NO USA Price List posting planned for SLS AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 02:00 PM

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
'17 S63A4, '13 CLS4M, '99 CLK320A
NO USA Price List posting planned for SLS AMG

It is fascinating that weeks after the first SLS's show up on the USA scene, a price list has still not been posted on the MB USA internet site.
It's even stranger to find that Canada, Germany, and most European countries HAVE price lists posted on THEIR MB internet sites.
So I called MB headquarters in Montvalle, NJ to ask when we should expect to be able to find the price list (including all available extra cost options).
Here are the answers I received less that one hour ago:
1) MB USA has decided NOT to post a price list for the SLS AMG because they are in short supply.
2) There is no need for a complete price list (online) because there are only a few options.
3) The dealers know the pricing and you can find out what the prices are from them.
4) All of the SLSs for this production year are already sold and therefore there's no need for a price list.
None of these reasons should preclude the posting of a complete price list in the interest of transparency.
The behavior of MB USA is totally unacceptable!
Old 05-25-2010, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Oh gawd....much ado about nothing. So what. Transparency for who? People who aren't buying one?

Its a rare, limited production car. They didn't have the SLR on there either, beyond its base price.

Big deal. Get over it. People who really need to know the option pricing place a call or visit to their dealer be done with it.

M
Old 05-25-2010, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benzo
Originally Posted by Germancar1
Oh gawd....much ado about nothing. So what. Transparency for who? People who aren't buying one?

Its a rare, limited production car. They didn't have the SLR on there either, beyond its base price.

Big deal. Get over it. People who really need to know the option pricing place a call or visit to their dealer be done with it.

M

Took the words right out of my mouth...

With all the time you spent calling and writing this post, you could have called your SA and gotten the answer.