Old 10-10-2011, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GT2 C63 and yo sister
practical questions for SLS owners

does the nose scrape on driveways?
does the wide B-pillar create a blindspot
do the side windows rolldown or are they fixed
can you use this car as a daily driver?
I drove the SLS and the AMG experience but was so focused on driving I never thought about these practical things
Old 10-10-2011, 04:03 PM

2019 G63
Practical Questions

I've had my SLS for just under 1-year and now have 3,600 miles on it. I also have an S63 and G55, plus work is less than 2-miles from home so annual miles are split among 3 incredible vehicles.
1. Does the nose scrape on driveways? Yes, however, taking driveways on an angle pretty much eliminates the problem. Also MB was very clever on the SLS and there is a black plastic strip just under the nose that suffers from whatever scrapes do occur and should be economically replaced.
2. Does the B-pillar create a blindspot? Again the answer is yes and it can be annoying when pulling into traffic but certainly not a hinderence to owning.
3. Do the side windows rolldown? Yes, they are power and go completely down so the sill is flush.
4. Can you use this car as a daily driver? Absolutely can but surely with some caution. Here in the East we get snow and no way you could drive it.

I too first drove the SLS at Laguna Seca in an AMG event. The one aspect I was not aware of at the track was how harsh the suspension is. It is vastly stiffer and less forgiving than any other MB I've owned. My SL55 was much more comfortable to drive. On the open road it is no problem at all but around town, particularly if you do not have smooth roads, you will feel every tar strip, undulation and small bump. My wife does not like riding in it in our local area for short trips since it is uncomfortable. I too would prefer that the suspension be less harsh.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:01 PM

2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
does the nose scrape on driveways?
does the wide B-pillar create a blindspot
do the side windows rolldown or are they fixed
can you use this car as a daily driver?
I drove the SLS and the AMG experience but was so focused on driving I never thought about these practical things
1. Depends on the driveway, most driveways you don't need to take it angled, but just do it just in case. I have problems sometimes with the blind spot, I'll try purchasing a blind spot mirror which might help

2. they roll down fully.

3. I advice not to drive it on bad weathers such as heavy rain or snow