SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: Race Start Mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 04:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55, S65, C63, SLK55K4
Race Start Mode

How do you race start the SLS guys? Any help on this area? I've tried searching youtube for step by step but no use. I see some members from Qatar posting videos of the race start but not the process of how to get it going. Appreciate the help. Thanks.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
Originally Posted by mr-flyer
How do you race start the SLS guys? Any help on this area? I've tried searching youtube for step by step but no use. I see some members from Qatar posting videos of the race start but not the process of how to get it going. Appreciate the help. Thanks.
Hit the traction button so that it's in sport. Oil and coolant temps need to be up. Steering wheels straight. Put the tranny setting knob to RS. Tap the shift up paddle to confirm, then gas/brake go!
Old 11-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Banned

2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
1- Shift the transmission to "D" drive
1- Fully press your brake
3- Adjust the steering wheel to a straight solid position
4- turn ESP-sport mode
5- Turn the transmission mode to "RS"
6- a message will pop at your screen to paddle up your shifter for the race start function...DO it
7- Itll then tell you to press your gas peddle, do that while you are fully pressing your brakes (step #2)
8- RPM will hit around 3000RPm and then just release the brakes and it will launch
Old 11-21-2011, 04:47 PM

2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
If you are doing this on an SLS, make sure you hold the steering wheel straight and very hard. I also advice if it is the first time you try it in a wide area, because it may take you sideways if not done properly.

Good luck and have fun