SLS AMG
Originally Posted by Carac
I'll b keeping my SLS forever.

Second that!

Old 05-10-2015, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLS AMG 12' LeMans Red
Originally Posted by Wolfman
I wouldn't read too much into that. The SLS didn't come out with a new engine, so there may be some teething issues. But I assume that those will go away in a real hurry as that engine is also used in the C63S.
So far, I only thing I have seen is that people have an ECU software issue and that is only for US models

That said, the GT appears to be a better built car than the SLS quality-wise and even in stock form is somewhat near/on par with the SLS BS performance-wise.
(difficult to trust C&D numbers but they showed a 0-60 in 3sec. flat)

Jrcart on the forum has a SLS BS and a AMG GTS and the his after the software update did a 1/4mile at 11.4/126mph in stock form. He was also the only that mentioned the quality (interior and overall built quality).

It's faster than the SLS in equal/better quality combined with a lower cost, the car is a real no-brainer.

That said, the SLS is a classic and will retain it's value well over time, due to its limited production run
Its newer of course, but still the doors, horsepower, size, sound makes it have that something closer to a supercar presence instead of the amg Gt.

I agree with you it will be faster better because yes hate it or not turbo is the future...

However sls remains a true classic and the only 300sl gullwig successor... IFF benz will not create another sls in next 10 years its definitely going to be very-very valuable
Old 05-10-2015, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 182 Likes on 145 Posts
SLS AMG
I hope the GT does very well. It will help with the value of the SLS in the long run. (AMG designed cars need to be tops!)
Old 05-10-2015, 01:42 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
G63, SLS AMG, Shelby GT350
Originally Posted by Wolfman
I wouldn't read too much into that. The SLS didn't come out with a new engine, so there may be some teething issues. But I assume that those will go away in a real hurry as that engine is also used in the C63S.
So far, I only thing I have seen is that people have an ECU software issue and that is only for US models

That said, the GT appears to be a better built car than the SLS quality-wise and even in stock form is somewhat near/on par with the SLS BS performance-wise.
(difficult to trust C&D numbers but they showed a 0-60 in 3sec. flat)

Jrcart on the forum has a SLS BS and a AMG GTS and the his after the software update did a 1/4mile at 11.4/126mph in stock form. He was also the only that mentioned the quality (interior and overall built quality).

It's faster than the SLS in equal/better quality combined with a lower cost, the car is a real no-brainer.

That said, the SLS is a classic and will retain it's value well over time, due to its limited production run
You'll always be able to find a car that's faster than the sls, especially when you bring in cars with turbos/supers. I don't think you can compare NA's to those...like an athlete with steroids and one without. As far as better quality, I would hope MB would continue to make better quality cars as new models come out.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,241 Likes on 2,018 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
The AMG GTS doesn't diminish the value of the SLS, if anything it enhances it since it is a more production-oriented mainstream car. The SLS is an exotic compared to it.

That said I don't underestimate the capabilities of the GTS. AMG raided the SLS (even BS) parts bin, gave it a more balanced chassis and improved the DCT.

Properly tuned this is an easy 700hp+ engine, so I don't think there are any power deficiencies here. And the car features the best sounding turbo engine money can buy.

Plus this looks like a launch platform for AMG's future in-house built cars. Lots of new goodies will come our way.

I for one am excited to see what Jrcart's build will turn out to be.