Smart Car Discussion on the Smart Car.

2005 Smart momentary loss of power and dash read out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Smart Four two
2005 Smart momentary loss of power and dash read out

I was wondering if any one would have advice on an issue I'm having. My Four two has been stalling at driving speed momentarily then returning to full function as if the key had been turned off then back on again. Then it started to happen at traffic light leading to me having to manually restart, or having all read outs and displays vanish. I'm wondering if it could be the SAM unit? Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Don

Last edited by Donsmart; 07-07-2022 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-02-2022, 12:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 Smart Fortwo EQ
ok so on re-reading the post... I wish I knew how to help... I personally am trying to find a Haynes Manual or Technician's manual for the 2018 Smart EQ, since the MB dealership in my area doesn't accept EV's for regular maintenance...

I am only saying this because of my profession, but maybe start with the ignition and just check connections...?

Last edited by SmartEQ; 08-10-2022 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-16-2022, 09:06 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2014 Smart ForTwo Passion Cabrio
Originally Posted by Donsmart
I was wondering if any one would have advice on an issue I'm having. My Four two has been stalling at driving speed momentarily then returning to full function as if the key had been turned off then back on again. Then it started to happen at traffic light leading to me having to manually restart, or having all read outs and displays vanish. I'm wondering if it could be the SAM unit? Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Don
How much stuff do you have on the keychain with the FOB?
Old 08-17-2022, 05:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 Smart Fortwo EQ
so I realized flybd5 was talking to the original post and not me..... but just FYI... I used to have a few things on my keychain with my FOB and I got tired of them getting in the way so now I have a quick release key chain attached to the FOB so I don't have to have my whole keychain attached anymore.

Last edited by SmartEQ; 08-17-2022 at 05:20 PM. Reason: forgot to add the prior comment
The following users liked this post:
flybd5 (08-17-2022)