Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Moderators: why do you persist in giving trolls free reign??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bantha
Originally Posted by Brunelleschi
Improviz = troll
I kinda feel bad for that guy now....he's getting 0wn3d on his thread.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the market
Originally Posted by tuscanraider
I kinda feel bad for that guy now....
Wrong thread....lets keep all over here please ----->The BS Club Thread
Old 06-22-2005, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
Originally Posted by Improviz
I'm sorry, but this is the most sanctimonious piece of garbage I've seen yet.

Black and white argumentation doesn't cut it. Think "grey"...come on, you can do it...you know, abstraction, etc.? Please don't bombard me with moronic "all or none" type arguments. To wit:

Yes, useless. I posted a link to his history; read it.

In my opinion, yes.

Yeah...I mean, who should have, like, the absolute power, dude, to, like, punish people who do bad things? I mean, like, man...next thing you know, people could actually be punished for comitting crimes! Whoa... I mean, like dude...(setting down bong)...if we, like, grant people like moderators the power to, like...keep sixteen year old kids with Beavis and Butthead posting styles out of here, like..dude, the forum..wow, what a concept...(taking hit from bong)...I mean, like...might actually be more pleasant and enjoyable, like others.

But think about it, dude (takes deep hit): I mean, like, there are people who, like, decide things are wrong, and actually enforce rules! I mean, like, you can't speed in your car, you can't smoke weed (huh-huh...huh..huh), you can't have sex with children (unless you're Michael Jackson)...dude!! What kind of ***** and Commies are these to try and enforce certain rules of conduct in a society or a forum??

Wow...what did I just say? (hits bong again)...dude!!

Wow, that sucks...because I was really advocating arresting these guys in the middle of the night and dragging them off to gulags, as opposed to stepping in and shutting them down in response to their polluting our forums with idiotic, nonsensical posts. Thank you for spotting that....comrades, unite!! Off to the gulags with them!!

I am not referring to off-topic posts in the off-topic forum; I am speaking of trolling in the on-topic forums. Subtle distinction there, oh great defender of the idiotic.

Feel free to speak for all members, but again, I am referring not to anything which goes on in the off-topic forum, but specifically to his behavior in the "kill stories" forum, which basically consists of inciteful, childish, stupid, borne-of-sour-grapes rants at any Mercedes owner who--gasp--actually posts about winning a race in the kill stories forum.

But gee, you're right...flaming Mercedes owners who post about winning races in a Mercedes Kill Stories forum is very productive and enriching.

I'm sorry, dude, but it's very politically incorrect of you to, like, make light of others' religious beliefs. Like, dude, take a hit, and, like, respect others' diversity, dude, so that you can, like, eat a veggie burger, prevent animal testing, and like fight the power, dude.

And if you want to argue like an idiot, with stupid, wildly off-the-mark analogies, black-and-white metaphors, I would suggest that you stick to AM talk radio. If you'd care to substantively discuss at what point someone crosses the line, y'all come back now, y'heah?

Oh, and for someone who so loves freedom of speech for trolls, you do a damn fine job of trying to stamp it out for anyone who protests them here, Jethro...mighty fine job o' hypocrisy!
WOW! I haven't forumulated my opinion on this topic one way or the other, but Improviz's point-by-point address of LowPhat's issues is well thought out, well articulated, and concise. It is apparent to me that if Improviz isn't an attorney, he at least spent some time in high school or college debate learning how to flow and declare evidence to refute arguments!

EDJ

Old 06-22-2005, 11:37 AM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Improviz = troll

Here he is

Definitions of a Troll......

According to a 1908 cyclopedia: "Trolls are Dwarfs of Northern mythology, living in hills or mounds; they are represented as stumpy, misshapen, and humpbacked, inclined to thieving, and fond of carrying off children or substituting one of their own offspring for that of a human mother. They are called hill-people, and are especially averse to noise, from a recollection of the time when Thor used to throw his hammer at them."

If exposed to sunlight they turn into rock.......

Last edited by Erik; 06-22-2005 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:41 AM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe
.............. but Improviz's point-by-point address of LowPhat's issues is well thought out, well articulated, and concise. It is apparent to me that if Improviz isn't an attorney, he at least spent some time in high school or college debate learning how to flow and declare evidence to refute arguments!

Sounds more like a politician to me................
Old 06-22-2005, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by Lexani
Ok, ok.... lets get a mod in here...

Ban me.

And Im being serious, PM a mod, and tell them about this post. I have no problem being banned.

Posers should get banned as well-- whoa, there goes 90% of MBWorld, than the trolls, who actually own a Benz, should also get banned, there goes the next 5%, and heres what you're left with:

4-10 MBWorld "Vets" as it were, who talk amongst themselves and do nothing more. Much you have accomplished.

Tuscan, I'll do the thumb-wrestle thing on account I get 50%.
As much as I like to bust Lexani's stones....I don't think him or anyone else should be banned. That's retarded!
Now this thread officially sucks.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
heres what you're left with:

4-10 MBWorld "Vets" as it were, who talk amongst themselves and do nothing more.
Long live "Tired of Whoring"!
Old 06-22-2005, 02:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Long live "Tired of Whoring"!
When MBworld falls... those few members will find refuge in the thread of all threads...
Old 06-22-2005, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
When MBworld falls... those few members will find refuge in the thread of all threads...
Yup! My very own whoring thread...

Lexani vs. NOTKTS... seek refuge they shall... in my world.

Stiggs, I dont know why Im saying this, but thanks.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
Posers should get banned as well-- whoa, there goes 90% of MBWorld, than the trolls, who actually own a Benz, should also get banned, there goes the next 5%, and heres what you're left with:
Is it me, or does it seem all the trolls are C Class owners.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:48 AM
taylor192

Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe
^ Wow. I'm impressed. Such a well thought out and articulated perspective from one who used to be so trollish and run-cry-to-the-moderators himself.
Especially impressive due to your background (crime-free Canadian engineer).

<sniff sniff> our boy Taylor's getting all grown up!

Now if you would just get rid of that misguided liberal belief-system, Etenn and I would even consider taking you out for beers.

EDJ
LOL

Just spent a lot of time on different forums with members interested in discussing/debating topics rather than continual pickering. Its really too bad, yourself, junyo, session, ... used to share very good information in the heated discussions, now its just NWS crap being posted everyday, or no interesting posts at all. The really disapointing MBWorld posts are the 'snob' posts that have escalated recently. I drive a C-class and live in a townhouse and recently done a lot of work on my house and car and would post pics, yet after judging the responses as of late, no way, the members here wouldn't appreciate them so I post elsewhere.

I thought you wouldn't like my response, since it is still 'run and cry to the mods' yet with reason. If membership drops off here, then sponsors lose money. Look at the amount of stuff I've done to my car in the past year, none bought from a sponsor here since I post mostly on the other C-class forum and woud rather spend money with its sponsors. That's why I decided to comment here. Membership and interesting informative topics are decreasing, and its all bad for sponsors. From the conservative perspective I'd hope you'd agree, since ultimately its money that makes the rules (despite how us liberals would like to think otherwise :p ).

So where has everyone gone? I haven't seen many posts by the conservative members lately...

Old 06-23-2005, 07:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55

No prob....now lets get back to fighting!!!!
Old 06-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Banned

Bantha
Originally Posted by taylor192
LOL

Just spent a lot of time on different forums with members interested in discussing/debating topics rather than continual pickering. Its really too bad, yourself, junyo, session, ... used to share very good information in the heated discussions, now its just NWS crap being posted everyday, or no interesting posts at all. The really disapointing MBWorld posts are the 'snob' posts that have escalated recently. I drive a C-class and live in a townhouse and recently done a lot of work on my house and car and would post pics, yet after judging the responses as of late, no way, the members here wouldn't appreciate them so I post elsewhere.

I thought you wouldn't like my response, since it is still 'run and cry to the mods' yet with reason. If membership drops off here, then sponsors lose money. Look at the amount of stuff I've done to my car in the past year, none bought from a sponsor here since I post mostly on the other C-class forum and woud rather spend money with its sponsors. That's why I decided to comment here. Membership and interesting informative topics are decreasing, and its all bad for sponsors. From the conservative perspective I'd hope you'd agree, since ultimately its money that makes the rules (despite how us liberals would like to think otherwise :p ).

So where has everyone gone? I haven't seen many posts by the conservative members lately...
Your money is canadian, no one wants it.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Originally Posted by mjr24
You arrogant son of a *****!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:33 AM
Banned

Bantha
C Class is THE MOST important class to MB in the whole line. We are MB's bread & butter we can say/do anything we want.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
You arrogant son of a *****!
Really....why? Because I pointed out you guys were C-Class owners, which you are, correct? I do not believe I said anything derogatory about the C Class, I merely mentioned you guys were C-Class owners. No wonder they want you banned.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g

Meh, It's my world to ... But the TOW had nothing on us for those 3 weeks, when you get back we'll show them whats what
Old 06-23-2005, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
C Class is THE MOST important class to MB in the whole line. We are MB's bread & butter we can say/do anything we want.
I thought you drove a Mustang
Old 06-23-2005, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88 Caddy on 28's
Since when????
Old 06-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
No wonder they want you banned.
Not sure where that came from. I have never been the subject of any series of threads requesting a member to be banned. I beleive this thread was just targeted towards tuscanraider by Improviz who has an obvious chip on his shoulder about something, but I don't think it has anything to do with what he drives. I still feel you comment was out of place, but perhaps I took it to a more personal level than it was intended. I apologize if I responded to it in an inappropriate manner.

On with the forum....
Old 06-23-2005, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by MJ1133
Since when????
Where do you get these smilies... we need some new ones here
Old 06-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Originally Posted by NOTKTS
I am with ^^^. We have the lamest smilies ever!
Old 06-23-2005, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88 Caddy on 28's
just go here for the baller smilies...http://members.***.net/morpheus91/im...ons/icons.html
Old 06-23-2005, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Veering off-topic.... hide the kids and bring the pets indoors....... the Taliban may be coming......
Old 06-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Banned

Bantha
I thought you drove a Mustang
I do, but she stays in the garage during the week and comes out on Sat & Sun if the weather is nice. The C230 is the daily beater......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.