Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Moderators: why do you persist in giving trolls free reign??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Moderators: why do you persist in giving trolls free reign??

May I present exhibit a: tuscanraider.

His useless posting history:

Can you find me one, and I mean one, useful, constructive, meaningful post in the whole mess?

This guy has almost 1600 trolling posts to his name, jumps into thread after thread, and nothing is done.

Why are you guys so tolerant of trolls? NO OTHER FORUM OF THIS CALIBER ALLOWS THIS!!!

And this is only one...M&M and the whole BMW cadre are another example...BMW forums ban the guy for trolling and cross posting, but here he's given free reign.

What is the philosophy behind "moderation" here? What is it for? Is it only for cussing? Why even bother if you're not going to shut down people who are here for one, and only one, reason?

What does this serve? How does this enrich the forum? How does letting a pissant like tuscanraider post unhindered for 1600 utterly useless nuisance posts make this a better forum for the 99.9% of us who actually enjoy Mercedes, and reading about them?

Last edited by Improviz; 06-21-2005 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
I second the motion for the ban. He obviously shows no respect for others and every time i see his post, he is being a troll toward some other person and bringing them down bringing in things that don't make sense
Old 06-21-2005, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Thank God we don't live in a lockstep orderly MBWorld. Should we all memorize the TOU and have a printout of it taped to our screens lest we risk deviating from the rules??

"His Useless Posting History"? He should be banned??? Come on - who are you, me or anyone else to decide that. This is the USA, not the USSR. First of all, almost all of Tuscan's threads are in the "Off Topic" section - exactly where they belong. Second - the meaningfulness, constructiveness and usefulness of threads in the "Off Topic" section is borne out by the fact that there are OVER 351,000 posts in that section of this forum. I bet that's more than the total of all of the other posts on all of the other sections of this forum. So it seems to me that there are plenty of members who feel that the topics in the "Off Topic" threads do "enrich this forum."

The "caliber of this forum" is what it is, in part, because of the diversity of the views of its members and the degree to which the moderators allow the members to express those views. Moderators should moderate moderately - they are neither our momandaderators or the Taliban. If you enjoy reading about Mercedes and don't want to subject yourself to the occasional "nuisance" post then stick to your owners manual.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
TR might be a troll, but he is our troll and he is here to stay! If you don't want to get flamed by him...don't post stupid sh*t! It is that simple!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bantha
Originally Posted by Improviz
May I present exhibit a: tuscanraider.

His useless posting history:

Can you find me one, and I mean one, useful, constructive, meaningful post in the whole mess?

This guy has almost 1600 trolling posts to his name, jumps into thread after thread, and nothing is done.

Why are you guys so tolerant of trolls? NO OTHER FORUM OF THIS CALIBER ALLOWS THIS!!!

And this is only one...M&M and the whole BMW cadre are another example...BMW forums ban the guy for trolling and cross posting, but here he's given free reign.

What is the philosophy behind "moderation" here? What is it for? Is it only for cussing? Why even bother if you're not going to shut down people who are here for one, and only one, reason?

What does this serve? How does this enrich the forum? How does letting a pissant like tuscanraider post unhindered for 1600 utterly useless nuisance posts make this a better forum for the 99.9% of us who actually enjoy Mercedes, and reading about them?
Lets settle this like men!!! I propose we thumb-wrestle. We can do it on the net and broadcast it to MBWorld members PPV via webcam. I get 90% of the gross,

We MUST find an impartial referee. I don't to lose on a Big Momma move!

en garde!!
Old 06-21-2005, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Wow....how about getting banned for starting the world's dumbest thread!
If TR gets banned then I should be banned also!!! My posts are just as useless as his......take this one for example!

I hate people who cry BAN all the time.
Grow up and start using the ignore button fools.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by lowphat
Thank God we don't live in a lockstep orderly MBWorld. Should we all memorize the TOU and have a printout of it taped to our screens lest we risk deviating from the rules??

"His Useless Posting History"? He should be banned??? Come on - who are you, me or anyone else to decide that. This is the USA, not the USSR. First of all, almost all of Tuscan's threads are in the "Off Topic" section - exactly where they belong. Second - the meaningfulness, constructiveness and usefulness of threads in the "Off Topic" section is borne out by the fact that there are OVER 351,000 posts in that section of this forum. I bet that's more than the total of all of the other posts on all of the other sections of this forum. So it seems to me that there are plenty of members who feel that the topics in the "Off Topic" threads do "enrich this forum."

The "caliber of this forum" is what it is, in part, because of the diversity of the views of its members and the degree to which the moderators allow the members to express those views. Moderators should moderate moderately - they are neither our momandaderators or the Taliban. If you enjoy reading about Mercedes and don't want to subject yourself to the occasional "nuisance" post then stick to your owners manual.

Old 06-21-2005, 03:47 PM
taylor192

So it seems to me that there are plenty of members who feel that the topics in the "Off Topic" threads do "enrich this forum."

I was reading and would like to make a comment:

The OT section is a great release, the problem becomes many members think what becomes acceptable in the OT section is acceptable in other sections, or indicative of the members posting in the other sections.

I do enjoy reading about Mercedes, and unfortunately this forum provides less and less useful material on the C-class Mercedes everyday. Many of the great C-class owners that were members here have left to post on other forums cause of the constant 'troll' type messages that are posted in OT and then reflected in the other sections as well.

Therefore it seems to me the 'enrichment of the OT forum' has caused a noticable loss of valued membership, without replacing them with equally as valuable members, more often than not replacing with the 'troll' type members that post often and add little.

This is a paid advertizing site. Any conduct that causes membership to decrease should be moderated heavily.

Old 06-21-2005, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
^ Wow. I'm impressed. Such a well thought out and articulated perspective from one who used to be so trollish and run-cry-to-the-moderators himself.
Especially impressive due to your background (crime-free Canadian engineer).

<sniff sniff> our boy Taylor's getting all grown up!

Now if you would just get rid of that misguided liberal belief-system, Etenn and I would even consider taking you out for beers.

EDJ
Old 06-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by tuscanraider
Lets settle this like men!!! I propose we thumb-wrestle. We can do it on the net and broadcast it to MBWorld members PPV via webcam. I get 90% of the gross,

We MUST find an impartial referee. I don't to lose on a Big Momma move!

en garde!!
HAHAHA, hey he has had his moments of heart... didnt you read brooklynBenz's thread about moving in with his GF? He actually gave advice. I do agree with many, post whoring and OT should be kept out of the other forum sections and left in OT and specific OT whoring threads...

And another thing, if you want to get a better reaction from the moderators you shouldnt point out individual members on the forum as it makes you sound a bit imature... you may want to PM an admin or moderator in order to let them know what your thinking in a more responsible manner
Old 06-21-2005, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
If we are onto the troll banning, we have many better choices that tuscanraider. I personally get sick of the constant BMW vs. Mercedes BULL***** that you always talk about, and the continual hijacking by LEXANI, NOTKTS and others. Why on earth are we singling out tuscanraider? I would love a good answer to that. I have many trolls on my IGNORE list, and I have never considered putting tuscan on there. C'Mon he dishes out the cold hard truth most of the time, and I guess all the thin skinned little wussies can't handle that. Time to move on, and BTW...............

Last edited by JohnCL; 06-21-2005 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I'm sorry, but this is the most sanctimonious piece of garbage I've seen yet.

Black and white argumentation doesn't cut it. Think "grey"...come on, you can do it...you know, abstraction, etc.? Please don't bombard me with moronic "all or none" type arguments. To wit:

"His Useless Posting History"?
Yes, useless. I posted a link to his history; read it.

He should be banned???
In my opinion, yes.

Come on - who are you, me or anyone else to decide that.
Yeah...I mean, who should have, like, the absolute power, dude, to, like, punish people who do bad things? I mean, like, man...next thing you know, people could actually be punished for comitting crimes! Whoa... I mean, like dude...(setting down bong)...if we, like, grant people like moderators the power to, like...keep sixteen year old kids with Beavis and Butthead posting styles out of here, like..dude, the forum..wow, what a concept...(taking hit from bong)...I mean, like...might actually be more pleasant and enjoyable, like others.

But think about it, dude (takes deep hit): I mean, like, there are people who, like, decide things are wrong, and actually enforce rules! I mean, like, you can't speed in your car, you can't smoke weed (huh-huh...huh..huh), you can't have sex with children (unless you're Michael Jackson)...dude!! What kind of ***** and Commies are these to try and enforce certain rules of conduct in a society or a forum??

Wow...what did I just say? (hits bong again)...dude!!

This is the USA, not the USSR.
Wow, that sucks...because I was really advocating arresting these guys in the middle of the night and dragging them off to gulags, as opposed to stepping in and shutting them down in response to their polluting our forums with idiotic, nonsensical posts. Thank you for spotting that....comrades, unite!! Off to the gulags with them!!

First of all, almost all of Tuscan's threads are in the "Off Topic" section - exactly where they belong.
I am not referring to off-topic posts in the off-topic forum; I am speaking of trolling in the on-topic forums. Subtle distinction there, oh great defender of the idiotic.

Second - the meaningfulness, constructiveness and usefulness of threads in the "Off Topic" section is borne out by the fact that there are OVER 351,000 posts in that section of this forum. I bet that's more than the total of all of the other posts on all of the other sections of this forum. So it seems to me that there are plenty of members who feel that the topics in the "Off Topic" threads do "enrich this forum."
Feel free to speak for all members, but again, I am referring not to anything which goes on in the off-topic forum, but specifically to his behavior in the "kill stories" forum, which basically consists of inciteful, childish, stupid, borne-of-sour-grapes rants at any Mercedes owner who--gasp--actually posts about winning a race in the kill stories forum.

But gee, you're right...flaming Mercedes owners who post about winning races in a Mercedes Kill Stories forum is very productive and enriching.

The "caliber of this forum" is what it is, in part, because of the diversity of the views of its members and the degree to which the moderators allow the members to express those views. Moderators should moderate moderately - they are neither our momandaderators or the Taliban.
I'm sorry, dude, but it's very politically incorrect of you to, like, make light of others' religious beliefs. Like, dude, take a hit, and, like, respect others' diversity, dude, so that you can, like, eat a veggie burger, prevent animal testing, and like fight the power, dude.

If you enjoy reading about Mercedes and don't want to subject yourself to the occasional "nuisance" post then stick to your owners manual.
And if you want to argue like an idiot, with stupid, wildly off-the-mark analogies, black-and-white metaphors, I would suggest that you stick to AM talk radio. If you'd care to substantively discuss at what point someone crosses the line, y'all come back now, y'heah?

Oh, and for someone who so loves freedom of speech for trolls, you do a damn fine job of trying to stamp it out for anyone who protests them here, Jethro...mighty fine job o' hypocrisy!
Old 06-22-2005, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by johncl
If we are onto the troll banning, we have many better choices that tuscanraider. I personally get sick of the constant BMW vs. Mercedes BULL***** that you always talk about, and the continual hijacking by LEXANI, NOTKTS and others. Why on earth are we singling out tuscanraider? I would love a good answer to that. I have many trolls on my IGNORE list, and I have never considered putting tuscan on there. C'Mon he dishes out the cold hard truth most of the time, and I guess all the thin skinned little wussies can't handle that. Time to move on, and BTW...............
I hate it when you people like you cry wolf. And WTF continaul hijacking... we haven't been on a rampage since the 2ed week that I was here, so STFU And FYI if a thread was hijacked it was either dead or useless. We have stuck to our thread for a long while so I dont know WTF your b*tching about... you do not have the slightest clue of whatever bs you are dissing out right now So... please think before you type next time

Last edited by NOTKTS; 06-22-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Now... I can only guess what you are going to do. Keep in mind this is only a thought but if you were smart you'd go through all my post and find out which threads I have hijacked... Happy Hunting
Old 06-22-2005, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88 Caddy on 28's
Originally Posted by NOTKTS
Now... I can only guess what you are going to do. Keep in mind this is only a thought but if you were smart you'd go through all my post and find out which threads I have hijacked... Happy Hunting
lol thats what hell probably do....cuz hes an E-Thug
Old 06-22-2005, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Ok, ok.... lets get a mod in here...

Ban me.

And Im being serious, PM a mod, and tell them about this post. I have no problem being banned.

Posers should get banned as well-- whoa, there goes 90% of MBWorld, than the trolls, who actually own a Benz, should also get banned, there goes the next 5%, and heres what you're left with:

4-10 MBWorld "Vets" as it were, who talk amongst themselves and do nothing more. Much you have accomplished.

Tuscan, I'll do the thumb-wrestle thing on account I get 50%.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by Lexani
Ok, ok.... lets get a mod in here...

Ban me.

And Im being serious, PM a mod, and tell them about this post. I have no problem being banned.

Posers should get banned as well-- whoa, there goes 90% of MBWorld, than the trolls, who actually own a Benz, should also get banned, there goes the next 5%, and heres what you're left with:

4-10 MBWorld "Vets" as it were, who talk amongst themselves and do nothing more. Much you have accomplished.

Tuscan, I'll do the thumb-wrestle thing on account I get 50%.
Hmmm... I remeber you saying something about a Rustang before, could I be mistaken? Oppps! I guess thats a hijack But seriously thats what you get if you start to take that attitude when figuring out to ban or not to ban...

Last edited by NOTKTS; 06-22-2005 at 02:33 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by johncl
If I remember correctly you stood up for me several times back with my-identity crisis and Poser-deal-- now you want me banned?

People in this thread should take their own advice and learn to put people on "ignore lists" , that way the trolls have their fun, and the serious people have their fun-- no one bothers the other, and no one need be banned.

Full of **** is what you people are, and thats it. Contradicting yourselves, hi-jacking you're very own "MBWorld Lesson" thread, were it states theres too much hi-jacking going around. Please...

Improviz, I see you're point on this issue, and I agree-- to a certain extent, yes I believe some people need be banned, but not for trolling, I believe the mods were banning trolls for awhile, until they found out some people like them, as proven in this very thread, so too make both parties happy, those that like that member and those that dont, the "ignore list" was created, and so dawned the age of banning anyone person who was a troll. My theory, again I see you're point, but I see the other side as well.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hmmm... I remeber you saying something about a Rustang before, could I be mistaken? Oppps! I guess thats a hijack
Did you hear about Micheal Jackson being innocent? If only he was black...
Old 06-22-2005, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Did you hear about Micheal Jackson being innocent? If only he was black...
Did you hear about Michael Jackson's new TV show deal?
It's called Changing Races :p
Old 06-22-2005, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Did you hear about Michael Jackson's new TV show deal?
It's called Changing Races :p
Should be a SLAP to reality TV.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Should be a SLAP to reality TV.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BTW:

I also post mostly, on off-topic. It goes both ways. You people only want me banned because I proved 99% of the forum wrong about their Identity theories and me being a poser.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
you know, I have no issues with the alleged "trolls" that are listed in this thread. I do have issues with that idiot c230_217 who seems to come back every week with a different screenname. there has to be a way to ban his ip...
Old 06-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Improviz = troll

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.