Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Closed Threads...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
Rev

"It's not. The members who are hell bent on a witch hunt will just turn to the next member who makes a claim that they feel is unbelievable."

Exactly ... Btw I'm only posting here because I have seen this behavior towards over members(not just ClayJ). What surprises me is that members that I wouldn't expect this type of behavior have also joined the bandwagon of witch hunting. I suspect that most members wouldn't do this if they hadn't seen that it SEEMS acceptable.

"What's not fine is the continued harassment which IS against our Terms of Use."

Whats hard to understand here ... there is a TOU for this forum. Abide by it or be suspended/banned etc.

I must say it is very interesting to see the different types of flaming that occur on the different boards (BMW, Porsche Mercedes etc). For some reason on the Mercedes board it seems that wealth is the main reason for flaming.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
i cant figure out which is more stupid, threads about clayj being fake or threads about threads being closed.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by deuce zer0
i cant figure out which is more stupid, threads about clayj being fake or threads about threads being closed.
i feel that there is a decent and somewhat intelligent discussion going on here about things in which i am interested as well as other members, obviously. the only thing stupid is your post on this thread.

if you dont care about threads being closed, dont click the thread. it is clear by the title of the thread.

oh, btw, thanks for the bump!
Old 03-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by Jesseliu
Exactly ... Btw I'm only posting here because I have seen this behavior towards over members(not just ClayJ). What surprises me is that members that I wouldn't expect this type of behavior have also joined the bandwagon of witch hunting. I suspect that most members wouldn't do this if they hadn't seen that it SEEMS acceptable.
You are correct. ClayJ was certainly not the first. There have been other call outs as well.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
I probably should stay the hell out of this, but I can't help but think we may all be taking ourselves a little too seriously here...

I enjoy ClayJ posts, partly because I'm never sure if he is for real or not. I actually subscribe to threads just because ClayJ is on them. W/ all due respect to ClayJ, I vacillate between thinking he is 100% for real, to thinking that he is locked up in an asylum somewhere and has never even owned a car.

I find this stuff fun. What isn't fun is taking it all so seriously.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
i guess that means you think threads about clayj being fake are more stupid.

i really was not trying to attack you personally but since you are the thread starter, i can understand why you got your panties all in a bunch.

just because i think something is stupid doesn’t mean i wont read it or keep up to date with what the community is discussing, intelligent or not.

i really dont find a disscussion about why the mods did/do or wont/didnt do to be a stimulating converstation.

fwiw- i was not trying to start trouble, especially over this. Just adding another post to my count.

and just for you blume:
Old 03-01-2006, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
Originally Posted by revstriker
You are correct. ClayJ was certainly not the first. There have been other call outs as well.

Clay was actually part taking in the calling out him self and he enjoyed it too

Quote:
AsianML- ....I still won't think of you the same way.....

Quote:
SoCalCLK- I wonder how many people are like that out there in Cyberspace. On second thought, forget I asked.

Quote:
Fr0zen- In fact, this experience will make me think twice about anyone I deal with from now on.

Quote:
CE750- NOTKTS, you need to post some...pics...if anyone is going take you seriously.. What do you have to loose?....Otherwise, my advise to you is to re-register under a new ID, and start over, your credibility is shot.

Quote:
C280Sportster- "No Tickets" come clean....

Quote:
Lexani- ....I can't believe I trusted... people.

Truth, and lying to others; trust, and the loss of that trust - is really what this is all about, apart from NOTKTS -- Isn't it?

Pot calling the kettle black
Old 03-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
This voice behind this post is calm, begining with a low, but gradually increasing tone such that the voice is very high pitched near the end. Inpsiration for this post comes from Stewie Griffin in a recent episode of Family Guy

Ok...so the Int'l Rules for Manhood Thread just got closed...are the mods getting bored or something? Needing something to do maybe? Work getting kind of slow in the old office...so...need a little activity? Let's close some threads maybe? Put 'em on the o'le lock down? Hmmm? Knock 'em off the front page? Gonna squander the other member's fun? Shut 'em all down? Hmmm?
Old 03-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Brunelleschi
Ok...so the Int'l Rules for Manhood Thread just got closed...are the mods getting bored or something? Needing something to do maybe? Work getting kind of slow in the old office...so...need a little activity? Let's close some threads maybe? Put 'em on the o'le lock down? Hmmm? Knock 'em off the front page? Gonna squander the other member's fun? Shut 'em all down? Hmmm?
I just wanted to address this. The post was a re-post. It was either locking it -- or merging it. Locking it was the better choice IMO.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Fair enough...it was your call, but I would have rather you merged it so as to keep it alive on the front page...IMHO
Old 03-01-2006, 05:07 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by RobertG
Clay was actually part taking in the calling out him self and he enjoyed it too....
Absolutely wrong.

I have posted against the abusive behavior, and its deleterious effect on the forums, for over a month now. Doesn't matter to the forums that it was about me -- matters to the forums that this type of behavior - the lynch mob, gang violence, gang-rape, or race-riot mentality - exists or existed or is allowed to exist in these forums.

IMO? Unacceptable, and not welcome at all - and in clear violation of the TOU -- and of our fellow members (if we're not the target personally ).

The behavior is harmful...to ourselves. Very simple to see that IMO.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

But you didnt mind when NOTKTS was getting roasted for lying untill the tide turned to you.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:52 PM
ON PROBATION

Go back and reread my posts there - I still gave NOTKTS every bit of doubt as to his villainy.

I believe I was the first to welcome his first post after the exposure and absence....

I talked about the issue philosophically. I asked members if they were angry or dissapointed.

I joined in on the fun in a humor-veined manor with YoYo photos....

But I don't think that I ever got venal with Andrew - or the issue. Just not my nature.

If you thought that I attacked NOTKTS after his exposure, if that was your understanding or reason for the statement that you made and which I responded to - well that would explain your statement.

Fact remains: I am not happy or accepting of this behavior, have stated so repeatedly, and still feel that way.

Old 03-01-2006, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
I think it's clear that ClayJ is not a vindictive or intrinsically bad person, but the whole vail of secrecy stuff on something as basic as what car he has (read: a genuine picture to prove ownership) leaves too many of us wondering if he's just a very smart, and creative liar or a billionaire with too much time on his hands.. or some shade in between.

Clay, just post a bloody picture of a single exotic car, with some kind of proof (todays paper, and date, etc..) and your accusers will all go away..

I agree with Rev, that we should have the right to ask for proof, but not harass, and that is more or less what I've been doing, even if other have been more direct and cruel, something I try to conscienceless avoid (not always successfully).

Surely you can at-least explain the nature of these "boonies" or circumstance your actually in so that the nay sayers can understand why you can't provide said pictures.

Some answers will go a long way to defusing this... I don't know what else to say. This is clearly not going to go away, even with the mods clamping down on the harassment, their will always be legitimate questions.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Many people gave NOTKTS the benefit , and yes you reached out to him with an olive branch.You had a lot of fun with YAYO , and thanks for reminding me about him too.You must understand that the statement that you made about yourself were over the top to many individuals including me.By saying things like this, you got yourself into this mess.If you want anonymity the last thing you want to do is boast, that puts you into the radar and scrutiny that followed.I'm not telling you what to do, life is full of decisions that everyone has to make on their own. If you want to give proof go ahead if not so be it.

This is an opinion coming from a somewhat down to earth guy.I must admit you were a good sport for a while there, but then they got to you.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:34 PM
ON PROBATION

CE- MAN(!)

I've addressed all of those issues/questions in a number of posts, in a number of threads, over the last month or two.... Really(!).

I am supposedly free to leave the boonies here in the next couple of days. I get confirmation at 1030am tomorrow morning. It has been a nightmare for me, personally, being stuck here -- totally apart from the situation which has developed here on the MBWorld forums; and believe me when I say that this situation here on the forums is the least of my problems due to being stuck here....

I've agreed to 'proof' - to posting-up. This will still occur -- and soon enough. I cannot or will not speak to the amount of patience that others may or may not have -- but that part, the posting of some unique pics, is easy enough, has been agreed to, and will occur here shortly.

As far as what I believe to be important in protecting my privacy, or the security of my person and those that I care about? Well, unfortunately this recent experience here has convinced me - or has convinced me again - that I will be less forthcoming -- and especially with my businesses and the cars that come through them. This just hasn't worked out well at all in my experience here lately....

As far as the treatment that some of us have dished-out to some of our fellow members? Well, I believe that I have spoken to that.

Old 03-01-2006, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Originally Posted by ClayJ
CE- MAN(!)

I've addressed all of those issues/questions in a number of posts, in a number of threads, over the last month or two.... Really(!).

I am supposedly free to leave the boonies here in the next couple of days. I get confirmation at 1030am tomorrow morning. It has been a nightmare for me, personally, being stuck here -- totally apart from the situation which has developed here on the MBWorld forums; and believe me when I say that this situation here on the forums is the least of my problems due to being stuck here....

I've agreed to 'proof' - to posting-up. This will still occur -- and soon enough. I cannot or will not speak to the amount of patience that others may or may not have -- but that part, the posting of some unique pics, is easy enough, has been agreed to, and will occur here shortly.

As far as what I believe to be important in protecting my privacy, or the security of my person and those that I care about? Well, unfortunately this recent experience here has convinced me - or has convinced me again - that I will be less forthcoming -- and especially with my businesses and the cars that come through them. This just hasn't worked out well at all in my experience here lately....

As far as the treatment that some of us have dished-out to some of our fellow members? Well, I believe that I have spoken to that.

Hang in there ClayJ! Don't let the want-a-bes get to you. Go forward w/ your head held high!! Most of us support you.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's good to hear that you finally get to leave the boonies, keep this forum in your mind when you begin to enjoy your lifestyle again.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Hang in there ClayJ! Don't let the want-a-bes get to you. Go forward w/ your head held high!! Most of us support you.
Not wanting to flame you. Do you remember the thread where you tried to mediate? The one where someone used 4 letter words and in no uncertain terms advised me that I shouldn't post as a member because I'm a mod. I believe it was the night KS played TX in B-ball. It had to deal with run flat tires and their respective cars. How would you correlate the issues? You wanted to be unbiased in that thread. Be unbiased now and weigh statements made here and there and other threads; especially the ones where wording seems to be a factor.

And for all others that are wondering; NO, I will not pull it up again since those posts have been deleted.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
I agree with amdeutsch, the fair thing is to be objective and and not take sides blindly which is what we're all doing if we go for or against Clay being what he says he is. Eitherway, if he's a lair, he's still a decent guy and a good debater (especially in the political stuff where we tend to agree). I for one wish Clay the best, and that his posting of proof after his release from the boonies will quench the desire for proof.

It would be nice to have a real billionaire on the forum, but if I had to bet, I'd probably not put to much down on this hand.

Looking forward to it Clay.. as are many others I'm sure.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

it is easy to want to feel sorry for the guy by the way he is trying to post and remain very neutral in the situation. but, how in the world can anyone believe him on any level? boonies? how many rich people get stuck somewhere they dont want to be for more than a month of telling those on this forum that they are "free to go" tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow....

what is amdeutsch talking about in that past post?
Old 03-01-2006, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
Well, unfortunately this recent experience here has convinced me - or has convinced me again - that I will be less forthcoming -- and especially with my businesses and the cars that come through them. This just hasn't worked out well at all in my experience here lately....
Those two seem to contradict each other. Unless you mean post one batch of pictures then go back to being the current ClayJ.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by blume
what is amdeutsch talking about in that past post?
Cliff notes.

1) I questioned
2) Member responded
3) I questioned again
4) Post #44
Old 03-01-2006, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
Kumbaya my Lord.................. Can't we all just get along? IN all honesty though..... I think more people have been turned off by the few major B.S. artists that have resided in OT for the past year. I pretty much gave up on OT months ago after I got tired of reading some of the B.S. posts by certain members...... I have buried myself in the 203 section because at least threads there never turn into competitions where people have to try to outdo one another with grandiose lies. Just my .02 cents
Old 03-02-2006, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I probably should stay the hell out of this, but I can't help but think we may all be taking ourselves a little too seriously here...

I enjoy ClayJ posts, partly because I'm never sure if he is for real or not. I actually subscribe to threads just because ClayJ is on them. W/ all due respect to ClayJ, I vacillate between thinking he is 100% for real, to thinking that he is locked up in an asylum somewhere and has never even owned a car.

I find this stuff fun. What isn't fun is taking it all so seriously.

Occam's Razor: Given two equally predictive theories, choose the simpler, and The simplest answer is usually the correct answer

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Closed Threads...