Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Closed Threads...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 10:35 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2024 AMG G63, 2023 Bentley GTC Speed
GMs

I don't have a GM, but I WAS thinking of getting a GM for my GF...

Sorry, I couldn't resist
Attached Thumbnails Closed Threads...-se_2007cadilacescalade_1.jpg  
Old 03-03-2006, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it is entirely possible that clayj could be mocking someone else with the "gm" status and that others follow in the mocking just as he has done. a mockery of a mockery, is exactly what it could be called if the fact is that he doesnt have a "gm" at all. (he had to learn it somewhere) so on that note, lets not jump to a conclusion that it was nothing but a total "mockery." (maybe someone knows the truth, but i doubt it) the thread in discussion was the most funny of all, that i have read on this forum, imo. a grown man should be able to see that fun is just that, fun. i dont see that it was at the expense of anyone, as i wrote above.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
Originally Posted by MB-BOB
...The recent legal ruling regarding harrassment over the internet (see the sticky by MBWorld's legal person, admin otoupalik) leaves the staff little choice regarding policing posts that seek to stalk and harrass other members...
According to this site:

http://writing.fsu.edu/oow/2001/title_page.htm

posting messages in an open arena like mbworld forum does not constitute harrassment. I need to read the MBWorld's sticky to see why there is a contradiction.

"Internet Harassment
Cases that DO NOT constitute harassment:

Someone who simply disagrees with you, however strongly or unpleasantly.

Someone who sends you a single e-mail that is not blatantly threatening.

Spam, even though it is very annoying.

Messages posted to any open arena, such as newsgroups, message boards, or forums or chat rooms, unless they are forged to appear to have come from you or contain direct threats or libelous statements.

Information posted on a website."

Last edited by mick1; 03-03-2006 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
Normally I would discuss this through Private Messages, but since you insist on doing otherwise yourself, you leave me no choice.

I closed your thread (after 144 posts in which everyone had their chance to join you in the fun and games) because it's clear intent was to "mock" another member (yes, ClayJ), cleverly -- but thinly -- disguised as a car thread. We all know you don't have a "GM" so, do you want the membership to declare you a "fake" as well? So, why do you participate in the same behavior (fabrication) you seem to despise so much, if it weren't to mock other members, instead? The fact that several members joined you in the group mocking made the entire thread worthless... nothing more than typical whoring with a funny purpose. Since the legitimate posts within the thread were dwarfed by the mocking posts, I closed it... after it had generally run it's course and everyone had their chance to participate and chuckle at another member's expense. Enough said.

The recent legal ruling regarding harrassment over the internet (see the sticky by MBWorld's legal person, admin otoupalik) leaves the staff little choice regarding policing posts that seek to stalk and harrass other members.

You have posted several threads intended to mock ClayJ. More importantly, you have openly accused the staff of catering to ClayJ's wishes to close threads. This is preposterous. ClayJ has no more clout here than you do... which is to say, not much.

And yes, it does get my panties twisted into a knot. The staff here get's paid exactly ZERO to try to keep civility on these forums in the face of constant protestations from members who feel they have "rights" to post here. You do not have the "right" to post here... it's a privilege, only. Certainly, you do not have a "right" to demand that other members "prove" who they are... they have absolutely no obligation to do so, any more that you are so obligated.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but If you don't understand this, perhaps you need to take a self-imposed break where you can catch a deep breath, untwist your own panties, and take stock of what's important here.

Anything beyond this, please take it to PMs to me.

blah blah blah blah, typical predicatable post from super mod mb-bob

my guess is that your #1 on clayj's 'good list' and youre secretly hoping this all works out so you get your free trip on one of clays private jets to isle de clay and get to drive around with clay in his fancy cars with the wind blowing through both of your hair while listening to george michael and barbara streisand. sorry thats just my opinion and i thank you for the privilege of allowing me to post it here

oh and btw, i never openly accused any of the staff of catering to clayj's wishes to close threads, i simply asked all the mods in general if they close threads by themselves or are requested to, let me refresh your memory bobby:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....9&postcount=10

Old 03-03-2006, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
i just noticed the link on the page i read says 2001. Maybe the definition has changed for 2006.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by mick1
According to this site:

http://writing.fsu.edu/oow/2001/title_page.htm

posting messages in an open arena like mbworld forum does not constitute harrassment. I need to read the MBWorld's sticky to see why there is a contradiction.

"Internet Harassment

Messages posted to any open arena, such as newsgroups, message boards, or forums or chat rooms, unless they are forged to appear to have come from you or contain direct threats or libelous statements.

nice, good find
Old 03-03-2006, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
When He said the stuff about the International Security at first I thought that it was him joking, then he continued to say stuff like that ,at that point I took it as him making fun of members here.If he likes to joke like that then he should grow some thick skin and play along .He turned too much heat up and now it's boiling over, and like they say if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
oh and btw, i never openly accused any of the staff of catering to clayj's wishes to close threads, i simply asked all the mods in general if they close threads by themselves or are requested to, let me refresh your memory bobby:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....9&postcount=10
I don't need you to refresh my memory. If you read a little further in that thread, you'll realise that I took the time to re-open it after it had already been closed to specifically address your question, since I felt you deserved an answer. Don't bother thanking me... you're welcome. The answer hasn't changed.

And BTW, the third word in the link you quote clearly indicates your question was not "general" as you now believe it to be. Your own post contradicts your point.

Finally, I tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
I don't need you to refresh my memory. If you read a little further in that thread, you'll realise that I took the time to re-open it after it had already been closed to specifically address your question, since I felt you deserved an answer. Don't bother thanking me... you're welcome. The answer hasn't changed.

And BTW, the third word in the link you quote clearly indicates your question was not "general" as you now believe it to be. Your own post contradicts your point.

Finally, I tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full.

Normally I would discuss this through Private Messages, but since you insist on doing otherwise yourself, you leave me no choice.

I did read further and I saw your answer to my question, thank you but I still do not see where I "have openly accused the staff of catering to ClayJ's wishes to close threads" as you stated in Post #100 .

Please refresh my memory Bob-o.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
I've tried. Your PM mailbox is full. Clean out your mailbox, please.

My name is not Bob-o...
Old 03-03-2006, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
I've tried. Your PM mailbox is full. Clean out your mailbox, please.

My name is not Bob-o...
Cleared some room just for you, send em on over!
Old 03-03-2006, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by blume
Stiggs-

just for future use of the phrase, "i could care less" actually means that you do care to an extent that it is possible that you could care less.

"i couldn't care less" is the one im sure you meant to go with.
Thanks for a totally worthless post....I be sure to remember that.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
My name is not Bob-o...

Bob-O has a nice ring to it...don't ya think?

Old 03-03-2006, 11:55 AM

AMG GTS
I'm sorry ,but I have a low IQ..What does Gm stand for???
Old 03-03-2006, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
Originally Posted by Chas Jr
I'm sorry ,but I have a low IQ..What does Gm stand for???
general motors, general manager, group manager, global manager, gay man
Old 03-03-2006, 12:04 PM

AMG GTS
general motors, general manager, group manager, global manager, gay man

Wonder how many of those does he have......????
Old 03-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Banned

Bob, sorry if this makes you mad, that is not my intent nor to anyone else at mbworld. I haven't read much of what has been going on here but a friend sent me a link to this and briefly gave me an overview to what's going on. I for one knew Clay wasn't going to post his pics. I mean think about it, he has time to make on average 12 posts a day including pics from online sites claiming his GM took them. Revstriker wrote something about this somewhere else. I am not surprised one bit. Clay has proved to everyone his post are just a way to bring attention to himself. I dont take anything here seriously but then one might wonder why get so worked up about it? Well, the problem is when I'm reading a thread and Clay decides to comment, it used to have to do with "O I'll buy that, or i have a few of those" and the thread goes completely off topic to tools asking "wow, how cool are you blah blah blah. Wat's it like have security, are you famous." Its like come on, what is wrong with you plp. I do understand it is only a few plp who do this but still, what is up with that. This place has become it joke lately and it sux.

Another thing, AMG_eric, I have a question for you, at the car meet you had in october, were you the one that took the pics and uploaded them on thebenzgroup.org?? I never got a response from you a few months ago and it came up in a topic with a friend. Thanks.

Last edited by nmsno27; 03-03-2006 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
That depends on if they are on the payroll, volunteer work or imagination
answer to post 116

Last edited by RobertG; 03-03-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
According to this site:

"Internet Harassment

i just noticed the link on the page i read says 2001. Maybe the definition has changed for 2006.
A new "Anti-stalking Bill" was passed by Congress which makes it a federal crime to "annoy" someone over the internet. Of course, there is much debate on what can be defined as "annoy", but the bottom line is that the law is taking a much stricter view on what kind of behavior is and isn't allowed, even on the internet. The forums administrators have advised the moderators to ensure we are in compliance with this new law, and they have warned the members via the sticky thread that was placed in each forum.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Stiggs
Thanks for a totally worthless post....I be sure to remember that.

one thing is for sure and it is this: you will never say, "i could care less" and mean it like you did before. thanks for the response!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"annoy" can and will be defined so many times that it makes that bill worthless. (mho, of course)
Old 03-03-2006, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
"annoy" can and will be defined so many times that it makes that bill worthless. (mho, of course)
the bottom line is there are many annoyed people here.

ClayJ annoyed BklynBenz. BklynBenz annoyed ClayJ. ClayJ's believers and non-believers all got annoyed. The moderators all got annoyed and locked up the threads. A whole bunch more people got annoyed because of the locked threads.

Everybody should be locked up
Old 03-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Regardless, one of the principal owners of this site is an attorney. The legislation has gotten his attention, and we all know how lawyers like to ruminate on technical distinctions in the law. So, we have been asked to moderate on the conservative side.

Aside from this, I personally would like to see the forums be a friendly place where everyone gets along. Knowing this is is not always possible, I for one feel it's incumbant on the staff to anticipate trends in posting that can lead to discord on the forums.

I think I can safely say that several members disliked the hostile environment that frequently occurred during the elections last Fall. The staff see the "trend" toward outing fellow members as similar in the effect it has on the well-being of these forums. Accordingly, the staff is trying to moderate this so it doesn't become a regular occurrance, while still allowing as much latitude as possible among members to "freely" express themselves.

It's a balancing act, and we don't always get it right. But I for one hope the membership appreciates the spirit of what we are trying to do.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:58 PM

AMG GTS
I can appreciate that Bob-O..
Old 03-03-2006, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well bob, i would like to thank you and all the mods for trying to do the best job, while keeping the interests for the members and the forum in mind. i understand that being a mod has no monitary benefits, but is a nice job b/c every mod can do most anything on the site. (ie., read members pm's and have priviledges of reading any deleted material and on and on.) so, with that, thank you. but, you do see that "annoy" is so very vague that it is impossible to really "define" without a jury or at least a legal process. what i dont want to see is mods using their power to close at will, as we have seen before. i will do my best to not "annoy" and be civil as one can with typed words.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Closed Threads...