Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.
View Poll Results: Should Vendors be allowed to post items OUTSIDE of Vendor Classifieds for sale?
Yes -- post items for sale anywhere
15.38%
No -- restrict items for sale to Vendor Classifieds
61.54%
Make subsection in regular Classifieds specifically for Vendors
23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

IB / ADMINS -- Sponsor/Vendor Spamming Classifieds(Merge)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2014 | 09:00 AM
Veteran: Marine Corp

2017 GLA 250, 2011 C63 P31 (p30 w/ lsd) (in repair), 2005 C230 Sport Eurocharged, 2003 C320~sold
This has been going on for years and it is just wrong where private sellers can't really sell in the section supposedly set for us. Vendors go away to your section.

Go to my other thread I started and voice your comments too.
https://mbworld.org/forums/suggestio...assifieds.html
Old 01-09-2014 | 09:09 AM

2017 GLA 250, 2011 C63 P31 (p30 w/ lsd) (in repair), 2005 C230 Sport Eurocharged, 2003 C320~sold
Originally Posted by Redw20855amg
I knew i wasn't the only one and I can all ready find more wheels now that i bumped all those private threads to drop 323
Originally Posted by 1SickCLS
I agree. I listed some wheels for sale and it was practically moved to the bottom the day of posting from vendor bumps
Good job bumping all the private threads...someone should do this twice a day until the gets fixed!!
Old 01-09-2014 | 01:07 PM

C32 AMG
I'm not even on here that much, but when I was looking through all the ads I was shocked to see all the vendors posting in our classifieds. In nearly every other forum I am on (which is properly moderated) that would not be tolerated.

Seems like MBworld doesn't care about their members as much anymore.
Old 01-09-2014 | 01:07 PM

C32 AMG
Great thread, hopefully Mods clean this problem up!
Old 01-09-2014 | 01:22 PM

BMW M5 + E55 AMG
Perhaps the admin/Speedlimit should take a look at this thread and really see the sheer amount of discontent with the poor management of vendors and their classifieds sale privileges. Let's see if the people who run this site care about their members. Seeing as money talks, I highly doubt anything will come of this and it will fall on deaf [money stuffed] ears.

https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...r-vendors.html
Old 01-09-2014 | 01:43 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by dbworld4k
Perhaps the admin/Speedlimit should take a look at this thread and really see the sheer amount of discontent with the poor management of vendors and their classifieds sale privileges. Let's see if the people who run this site care about their members. Seeing as money talks, I highly doubt anything will come of this and it will fall on deaf [money stuffed] ears.

https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...r-vendors.html
Hi!

I've been following the thread and understand the frustration when the community sees the classifieds being choked by excessive vendor ads. When reported we do advise the vendor and so far those we have talked to are concerned about the community perception and very co-operative. Obviously it doesn't make good business sense to tick off your customer base. I am talking to IB today and will review this thread with them. Thanks!

Bob
Old 01-09-2014 | 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by speedlimit
Hi!

I've been following the thread and understand the frustration when the community sees the classifieds being choked by excessive vendor ads. When reported we do advise the vendor and so far those we have talked to are concerned about the community perception and very co-operative. Obviously it doesn't make good business sense to tick off your customer base. I am talking to IB today and will review this thread with them. Thanks!

Bob
Woo hoo!! The masses have been heard hopefully this will now change
Old 01-09-2014 | 01:53 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by krazzdav
Woo hoo!! The masses have been heard hopefully this will now change
If only our Federal and State Governments showed this much promise.
Old 01-09-2014 | 01:56 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your comments and I'm going to move this thread to the Feedback forum and merge with an existing thread with the same theme.

Bob
Old 01-25-2014 | 03:15 AM

BMW M5 + E55 AMG
Originally Posted by speedlimit
Hi!

Bob
Any update?

Also, the original thread with many posts voicing member concerns (from the Wheel/Tire classifieds) I linked has been removed :s
Old 01-25-2014 | 10:26 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by dbworld4k
Any update?

Also, the original thread with many posts voicing member concerns (from the Wheel/Tire classifieds) I linked has been removed :s
Hi!

They are reviewing the policy. Keep in mind site wide access by vendors has been in place since MBworld.org was founded. Also, many vendors have contracts based upon that expectation. Hopefully we will see a path to reducing the ads in the community but it's going to take time. Finally, your post was not removed but merged with this one. Thanks.

Bob
Old 01-26-2014 | 10:50 AM
Veteran: Army

S63
Hi all... Ive been on forums for Years, but I'm pretty new to the MBworld, having just purchased my CLS63 2 months ago.
I've made a few purhases since then, wheels, tires, sensors, a tune, and I'm in the process of buying 2 piece lightweight rotors, and sometime soon headers... and all through this forum.
Not one of my purchases, past or future, was or would be from one of these annoying venders that plaster their ads all over the members section... In the end, money talks, and it's hurting them, whether they see it or not.

Last edited by Manofsteelpt; 01-26-2014 at 10:54 AM.