Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Disabling similar threads?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 02:19 PM

Received 106 Likes on 73 Posts
W222, W221, W218, W211
Thumbs down Disabling similar threads?

Is there a way to prevent showing "similar threads" at the bottom of the thread I am currently watching? or at least disable the reply form at the bottom of the NEXT random thread that is suggested... I want to reply to the thread I am watching, not some randomly selected one ;-)

And so I keep replying to threads I don't want to reply... It is very annoying, especially since I cannot delete my post- I scroll down, type my replay, and the thread I replied to is totally different than the one I originally checked out... confusing to say the least!
Old 04-27-2020, 02:49 PM
IB Staff

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
It can be disabled for the desktop theme only.

Go to User CP: https://mbworld.org/forums/usercp.php
Edit Options: https://mbworld.org/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions
Change "Related Threads" to disabled
Save Changes button

We encourage members to browse around the site, read the Announcements and Stickies for important and frequently asked information, and review the UserCP as it contains most account settings.

The Related Threads option has a "notice" separation that appears between the original thread and the related thread shown below it. However, it's possible that notice gets overlooked - especially if scrolling down the page too fast.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:22 AM

Received 106 Likes on 73 Posts
W222, W221, W218, W211
Thanks @IB JT problem solved