Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Why not combine the forums?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2005 | 08:40 PM

NSX
Why not combine the forums?

There is little activity in general in the two CL forums. Why are there two seperate forums, AMG and non-AMG. With so few of these cars produced in general and so few members, isn't it better to just have one CL forum and get more input and discussion between members?
Old 01-08-2005 | 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by AMG2GO
There is little activity in general in the two CL forums. Why are there two seperate forums, AMG and non-AMG. With so few of these cars produced in general and so few members, isn't it better to just have one CL forum and get more input and discussion between members?
I agree. The only reason for keeping them split would be for some perceived exclusivity amongst the AMG owners.

The majority of the discussion in here is NOT specific to the 55, so why not combine as suggested?
Old 01-20-2005 | 11:15 PM

NSX
Most of all, there is a lot of useful discussion that happens in one or the other forum that would benefit ALL CL owners. I wind up having to go to 2 forums all the time. I am sure a lot of people would get some good info they don't normally get if both forums were combined.

Who takes care of this? The moderators?
Old 01-20-2005 | 11:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Then what do we do for other forums as well? I'm kinda glad it's seperated, but you guys do raise a very good point. This is a very exclusive car.

The admins would be the ones to take care of it.
Old 01-21-2005 | 02:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AMG2GO
The achilles heel of this forum is that it has spread itself too thin
Old 01-22-2005 | 11:07 AM

2004 C32 AMG
I like that they are separate - you can always jump from one forum to the next
Old 01-22-2005 | 12:11 PM

Which makes it twice as hard to search and find relevant content, and provides what benefit exactly?
Old 01-22-2005 | 01:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

I think you're just lazy

It keeps AMG relevent information in AMG categories. But you are right, it does make it twice as hard to find relevent content.
Old 01-22-2005 | 04:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
I think you're just lazy

It keeps AMG relevent information in AMG categories. But you are right, it does make it twice as hard to find relevent content.
The test of relevance has never been applied strictly. "Tired of Whoring" would account for what relevant content ?

Less Geek and more Auto-craft please.
Old 01-22-2005 | 05:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Tired of Whoring is in the off topic forum.
Old 01-22-2005 | 06:48 PM
Banned

Tired of Whoring is in the off topic forum.
It is a useless waste of member bandwidth. If people waste time looking at that thread it slows down the forum for the rest of us.

I should just send you a handful of chinese finger puzzles .... that'll shut down your inanely incontrovertible comments.
Old 01-23-2005 | 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by miroj
It is a useless waste of member bandwidth. If people waste time looking at that thread it slows down the forum for the rest of us.

I should just send you a handful of chinese finger puzzles .... that'll shut down your inanely incontrovertible comments.
LOL

your quite a character...
Old 01-23-2005 | 04:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

I think miroj woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I might as well call your posts a waste of bandwidth, everything is subjective. Nothing is ever a waste of bandwidth, mainly because bandwidth is cheap. Especially when you drive Benzos.
Old 01-23-2005 | 05:00 PM
Banned

I think miroj woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I might as well call your posts a waste of bandwidth, everything is subjective. Nothing is ever a waste of bandwidth, mainly because bandwidth is cheap. Especially when you drive Benzos.
Homogenous indifference at its finest. Puddles of grey disguised as perception.
Old 01-23-2005 | 05:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Explain? I didn't understand that post.
Old 01-23-2005 | 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Explain? I didn't understand that post.
Its one of those posts that makes the poster sound smart.
Old 01-23-2005 | 06:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lexani
Its one of those posts that makes the poster sound smart.
Its amazing how many people have less of an idea than I would at first be willing to assume.
Old 01-25-2005 | 10:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
The forums were split this way because of member requests.

As for the "Tired of Whoring" thread: It's relevance, and the relevance of every other Off Topic Thread, is subjective. Some view this forum as more than a place to just discuss cars, but also a place to discuss other topics with other owners/admirers of Mercedes Benz.
Old 01-25-2005 | 12:20 PM

2004 C32 AMG

I don't care what side you're on - he wins with that post LOL
Old 01-25-2005 | 05:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by revstriker
The forums were split this way because of member requests.

As for the "Tired of Whoring" thread: It's relevance, and the relevance of every other Off Topic Thread, is subjective. Some view this forum as more than a place to just discuss cars, but also a place to discuss other topics with other owners/admirers of Mercedes Benz.
If forums pander to the minority then it becomes a maze of increasingly smaller rooms.
Old 01-25-2005 | 05:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
If forums pander to the minority then it becomes a maze of increasingly smaller rooms.
So you automatically assume that you represent the majority of the members here??

When decisions are made about the set up of the forums, the matter is examined carefully by the administrators. They make decisions based on what they believe is best for the members, and best for the site itself. There have been many other requests (splitting the forums into regional groups comes to mind) that have been considered and turned down because of these reasons.

Judging by the amount of views and posts on the "whoring" post that you seem to be against, it seems that there are quite a few members who participate in this thread (probably the majority of active posters).
Old 01-25-2005 | 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by revstriker
So you automatically assume that you represent the majority of the members here??

When decisions are made about the set up of the forums, the matter is examined carefully by the administrators. They make decisions based on what they believe is best for the members, and best for the site itself. There have been many other requests (splitting the forums into regional groups comes to mind) that have been considered and turned down because of these reasons.

Judging by the amount of views and posts on the "whoring" post that you seem to be against, it seems that there are quite a few members who participate in this thread (probably the majority of active posters).
Aaaaah I assume that 1% of people drive AMG cars. Fringe at best.
Old 01-26-2005 | 03:54 AM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

2003 CL55 AMG
Aaaaah I assume that 1% of people drive AMG cars. Fringe at best.

Interesting facts about AMG in the Los Angeles, USA area:

Old 01-26-2005 | 05:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by awiner
Interesting facts about AMG in the Los Angeles, USA area:
Its a real shame that the figures are skewed by non-passenger vehicle ownership (Vito, G-wagen) and ownership outside the USA. I would have though you could see past your own front yard Adam.
Old 01-26-2005 | 10:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Its a real shame that the figures are skewed by non-passenger vehicle ownership (Vito, G-wagen) and ownership outside the USA. I would have though you could see past your own front yard Adam.
Wouldn't this skew the AMG ownership even higher?

Considering that the members of this forum in the USA probably make up about 99% of the total members, and that a large percent of them are located in and around the L.A. area, I think the information has relevance to your post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why not combine the forums?