Suspension and Braking The archived forum for suspension and braking components for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Brembo Gran Turismo (Big Red) Brakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche Cayenne S, BMW 335i (Coupe)

Boston, MA
Old 05-24-2010, 02:42 PM

Folks, tomorrow (05/25) afternoon these beautiful Brembo brakes in mint, impeccable condition will be heading to the East Coast (Boston). In other words, this is the last and final chance for interested folks in the Bay Area to get these brakes saving shipping costs. Let me know if anyone is (seriously) interested. Thanks!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:34 AM

Hello, FYI the Brembos are now in the East Coast (Boston). I recently moved from CA to MA and brought the brakes with me. They are in Brembo's original packaging, everything in immaculate condition. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:17 PM

Folks, I've been busy renovating my house outside Boston and have not had much time to follow up on the sale of these Brembos (I know that some of you have reached out to me over the last several months, but I was busy and dropped the ball - sorry!). Reiterating, these are California brakes (have never seen bad, Northeast weather) in mint, impeccable condition. The were carefully packaged and are sitting in my garage, ready for a new home/ride. Drop me a note if you're interested. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2011, 07:42 AM

2006 mercedes benz C180k Avantgarde SE
Can't believe you still have those brakes..

How much is your best price for rear brakes?

Zack
Old 04-14-2011, 08:17 AM

Indeed, I bought a old house (in comparison to California, everything is older in the East Coast) and have been working my butt off fixing it up. That, combined with regular work, left me with little time for other things, such as hobbies, sports, selling my brakes, etc. I just sent you a PM about your question. Hope all is well.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
let me know if you change your mid on selling the rotors
Old 04-16-2011, 02:14 PM

Thanks again, I appreciate your reaching out. If I change my mind, I'll let you know, but it's very unlikely that I will sell the rotors by themselves. Have a good weekend.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Did I see these on ebay?
Old 04-16-2011, 05:04 PM

Indeed, I've advertised them in several places. Of course, for fellow MBWorld members, we'll work out a sweeter deal! Hope your weekend is going great.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe
Hey there!
I'm interested in the BBK... but could you guarantee the fitments??
I drive a '02 C230 (w203) coupe with S55 AMG wheels R18

thanks!!

Also saw you listing on ebay ^_^
Old 07-25-2011, 01:43 PM

Hi there, thanks for your note. My car was a 2005 W203 (230 Kompressor) and I had BBS RA 18" rims. I have no experience with the AMG rims, so I cannot speak to that end. The information from my post (compatibility list) was taken direcly from Brembo, based on the kits' numbers and their applications. Please make sure that your car is listed on the compatibility lists (front and back brakes/kits). If that is the case, you should be able to install it, so long you know how to do it properly. Personally, I cannot guarantee that it will work with your car simply because I've never seen it (you may have other mods that I am not abreast of) and because I have no idea of your skill level to perform such installation. All that said, in order to give you some comfort, if your car is listed in the compatibility list, your car is stock and the installation is performed by a professional, experienced mechanic, it should work alright. Hope this helps!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by bayernstern
Hi there, thanks for your note. My car was a 2005 W203 (230 Kompressor) and I had BBS RA 18" rims. I have no experience with the AMG rims, so I cannot speak to that end. The information from my post (compatibility list) was taken direcly from Brembo, based on the kits' numbers and their applications. Please make sure that your car is listed on the compatibility lists (front and back brakes/kits). If that is the case, you should be able to install it, so long you know how to do it properly. Personally, I cannot guarantee that it will work with your car simply because I've never seen it (you may have other mods that I am not abreast of) and because I have no idea of your skill level to perform such installation. All that said, in order to give you some comfort, if your car is listed in the compatibility list, your car is stock and the installation is performed by a professional, experienced mechanic, it should work alright. Hope this helps!
Thank you for your fast and kind reply!
I've checked the list on brembo.com and it wasn't very informative, however I will have my mech check on the rotor sizes. to see if it will fit my stock brakes
Old 07-26-2011, 10:51 AM

Check the first post on this thread. That is the compatibility list (for the front and rear brakes) that I am alluding to. I got that list from Brembo and (supposedly) they outline there the models that these brakes are compatible with. Personally, I don't know all those models, so I cannot speak to each one of them. Instead, I am pointing you to what the manufacturer of the Brakes (Brembo) outlines. Hope this helps.