Suspension and Braking The archived forum for suspension and braking components for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Brembo Gran Turismo (Big Red) Brakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche Cayenne S, BMW 335i (Coupe)

I am selling my car and I have for sale a complete Brembo Gran Turismo system (BIG RED BRAKE KITS) front and rear brakes for Mercedes Benz C-Class ( W203) and CLK (W209), including the AMG versions.

The specific kits are Brembo part numbers 1B1.8030A and 2C1.6009A. The brakes have approximately 10K miles on them and everything is in mint, impeccable condition.

Note: These kits may fit other applications as well, but I am not totally sure about the specifics. According to Brembo they would also fit the following models:

Front Brakes (Brembo part number 1B1.8030A):

Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Including AMG Front (W203), 2001 to 2007
Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG Front (W209), 2003 to 2006
Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class, Excluding AMG Front (W209), 2003 to present time
Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class, Excluding AMG Front (R171), 2004 to present time

Rear Brakes (Brembo part number 2C1.6009A):

Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Including AMG Rear (W202), 1994 to 2000
Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Including AMG Rear (W203), 2001 to 2007
Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG Rear (W209), 2003 to 2006
Mercedes-Benz, CLK-Class, Excluding AMG Rear (W209), 2003 to present time
Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class, Including AMG Rear (W208), 1998 to 2002
Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Including AMG Rear (W210), 1996 to 2002
Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class, Excluding AMG Rear (R171), 2004 to present time

Here’s the description from the manufacturer:

Brembo created the Gran Turismo line for their most demanding customers.
The kits include all the mounting components and hardware necessary to install it, specifically:

- Caliper brackets
- High-performance two-piece ventilated + drilled discs (355mm x 32mm front, 328mm x 28mm rear)
- Four-piston aluminum calipers with high-performance brake pads installed
- Nuts and washers
- Inlet adapter fitting (or banjo bolt)
- Copper sealing washers
- Stainless steel braided brake lines
- Bleeder hose
- Owner’s manual
- Bracket fixing schematic

I paid $6,500 for these Brembo Gran Turismo Kits and I am asking $4,900 (OBO). I am also including two (02) add’l, brand new, never used, sets of Brembo brake pads (one set for the front and one set for the rear). These pads retail for about $300 each (sometimes more), depending on where you buy them from, depending on sales tax, shipping costs, etc. So, altogether, with the above kits there’s an add’l $600 of Brembo brake pads being included in my ask price.

You can reach me at bayernstern@gmail.com with any questions. Location-wise, I am in San Jose, CA. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 C230K SS (sold), 06 C55 (sold), 08 Yamaha R1 (sold), 16 X5M
pics man...gotta have pics always!
Old 04-29-2009, 11:33 PM

Folks, I am traveling on business and will take me a few days to post the pictures (will do that as soon as I get back to town)... In the meantime, you can go to the Brembo website, enter the part numbers (search by code) and see pictures of everything (calipers, rotors, etc).

Step-by-step instructions of how to do that:

Go to http://www.brembo.com/ENG/

Click on HP brake upgrades (on the right of the page)

Click on Cars - Gran Turismo Line (on the left of the page)

Click on HP GT Catalogue (on the left of the page)

Click on Search by code (in the middle of the page)

In the field following Brembo Part Number, plug either one of the part numbers of my original posting (either 1B1.8030A or 2C1.6009A)

Click on the red colored part number (underneath Kit Part N)

Click on any one of the detail words to see the specifics (caliper, rotors, etc)

As stated, everything is in mint condition. Hope this helps!

Last edited by bayernstern; 04-29-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:14 PM

Folks, I just got back from my business trip (due to customer-related issues, it got extended a lot more than what I anticipated...).

As promised, I am enclosing some pictures of the Brembos that are up for sale (as you can see, everything is in impeccable condition). Apologies for the low-resolution of the pictures (my digital camera just died and I used my camera-phone instead to avoid further delay in posting the pictures).

You can reach me at bayernstern@gmail.com with any questions (it's better to email me as I don't check my personal messages on here very often). Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Brembo Gran Turismo (Big Red) Brakes-calipers.jpg   Brembo Gran Turismo (Big Red) Brakes-kit.jpg   Brembo Gran Turismo (Big Red) Brakes-front-caliper.jpg   Brembo Gran Turismo (Big Red) Brakes-rear-caliper.jpg   Brembo Gran Turismo (Big Red) Brakes-manuals-papers.jpg  

Old 07-27-2009, 12:56 AM

Folks, I still have these brakes available... I paid $6,500 for them and they retail for $3,495.00 + $3,095.00 = $6,590.00 plus tax and/or shipping, depending on where you buy them from. I am willing to take $4,500 for them. Feel free to email me at: bayernstern@gmail.com with any questions. Thanks!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:52 PM

Folks, posting again to let you know that I've taken a further haircut price-wise... Now whomever comes up with $4,250 takes them. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:38 AM

Folks, I've taken a further haircut price-wise...

If you live within driving distance from Northern California, you can pick them up for $4,000. That includes everything, i.e. $4k for complete front and rear Brembo Gran Turismo brakes, plus an extra $600 in (front/rear), new/never used, Brembo brake pads, plus the "brake sensor" plug (to "trick" the Mercedes dashboard from thinking that the pads are worn given that the Brembo brake pads do not have pad-wear sensors like the O.E.M. brake pads do). The Brembo manuals/instructions/booklets are included too. Everything is packed with Brembo's original packing materials.

If you need the brakes shipped, the price is now $4,250, including all the above plus shipping within the continental U.S. (that, of course, excludes Hawaii, Alaska, etc).

Altogether, I sincerely believe that this is a phenomenal deal by anyone's standards.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:12 PM

W211 E55 - W209 CLK (gone)
interested in the rear brakes... let me know if you want to sell it separately
Old 02-01-2010, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by bayernstern
Folks, I've taken a further haircut price-wise...

If you live within driving distance from Northern California, you can pick them up for $4,000. That includes everything, i.e. $4k for complete front and rear Brembo Gran Turismo brakes, plus an extra $600 in (front/rear), new/never used, Brembo brake pads, plus the "brake sensor" plug (to "trick" the Mercedes dashboard from thinking that the pads are worn given that the Brembo brake pads do not have pad-wear sensors like the O.E.M. brake pads do). The Brembo manuals/instructions/booklets are included too. Everything is packed with Brembo's original packing materials.

If you need the brakes shipped, the price is now $4,250, including all the above plus shipping within the continental U.S. (that, of course, excludes Hawaii, Alaska, etc).

Altogether, I sincerely believe that this is a phenomenal deal by anyone's standards.

Thanks!

It a good deal if you compared it to a new set but it still alot hell expensive when compared to a used AMG 6/4 pistons kit. Good luck with the sell.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:10 AM

Folks, I paid $6,500 for these brakes and am throwing in an extra $600 in Brembo pads (for all four corners).

The brakes are in mint condition, never tracked, only used in highway driving for 10K miles (not even that). Everything is packed with Brembo's original packaging materials and the Brembo manuals/instructions are included too.

That said, of course, I cannot compete with salvaged O.E.M. brakes, tracked AMG calipers/rotors, incomplete brakes (with missing parts, brackets, hardware, etc), which is what some people sell out there (of course, before buying these Brembos I diligently looked into various options too)...

Reiterating, these brakes are complete with everything included, ranging from calipers, to (rotor) hats, to rotors, to pads (plus an extra set), to brackets, to hardware, to brake wear sensor, to manuals/instructions.

On a last note, I would prefer not to separate the brakes, hence my offering a sweet price for everything.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks again!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by Klinh
It a good deal if you compared it to a new set but it still alot hell expensive when compared to a used AMG 6/4 pistons kit.
If you're interested in stopping your car faster, and not experiencing brake fade, then the Brembo GTs are worth every penny they cost. Simply stated, they work better and are significantly lighter than the factory parts - which means less unsprung weight and superior handling.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:37 PM

W211 E55 - W209 CLK (gone)
Folks, I paid $6,500 for these brakes and am throwing in an extra $600 in Brembo pads (for all four corners).

The brakes are in mint condition, never tracked, only used in highway driving for 10K miles (not even that). Everything is packed with Brembo's original packaging materials and the Brembo manuals/instructions are included too.

That said, of course, I cannot compete with salvaged O.E.M. brakes, tracked AMG calipers/rotors, incomplete brakes (with missing parts, brackets, hardware, etc), which is what some people sell out there (of course, before buying these Brembos I diligently looked into various options too)...

Reiterating, these brakes are complete with everything included, ranging from calipers, to (rotor) hats, to rotors, to pads (plus an extra set), to brackets, to hardware, to brake wear sensor, to manuals/instructions.

On a last note, I would prefer not to separate the brakes, hence my offering a sweet price for everything.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks again!
I already got my front brembo GT thats why I only need the rear one...
let me know if you change your mind

thx!
Old 02-03-2010, 01:08 AM

2013 C300 4Matic Sport
bump for some nice brakes!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:37 AM

'03 C32
if youre willing to sell all the rotors separately let me know!
Old 02-18-2010, 10:36 AM

Hi there, thanks for asking... These are mint brakes in original Brembo packaging. At the moment, I'm not interested in separating the pieces or breaking up the kits. Thanks again.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:55 PM

2006 mercedes benz C180k Avantgarde SE
Interested with the rears as well..
Zack
Old 02-20-2010, 12:03 PM

Zack, thanks for the post.

Somehow, I'm getting a lot of interest on the rear brakes. My tally is that 6 to 7 people have ping me about them across a couple different M-B enthusiast sites.

Question: anyone on here interested in the front ones (by themselves)?

If I get to sell the front ones (by themselves) first, then I'd be open to selling the rear ones subsequently to someone else...

Thanks again and have a good weekend.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sold - CLK500
Zack, thanks for the post.

Somehow, I'm getting a lot of interest on the rear brakes. My tally is that 6 to 7 people have ping me about them across a couple different M-B enthusiast sites.

Question: anyone on here interested in the front ones (by themselves)?

If I get to sell the front ones (by themselves) first, then I'd be open to selling the rear ones subsequently to someone else...

Thanks again and have a good weekend.
With that said, if the front sell how much can you let the rears go if i collect them?
Old 02-21-2010, 07:16 PM

Let me sell the front ones first and then, based on the outcome, I'll decide how much to ask for the rear ones... That said, it seems that I will need to ask less for the front ones and more for the rear ones (simply given the levels of interest that each one of them are commanding at the moment). Thanks again and have a good week.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:00 PM

2005 slk
how much are u looking for the front ones? might be interested in the front ones
Old 02-24-2010, 04:09 PM

2006 mercedes benz C180k Avantgarde SE
great.. wirokeren will take the fronts.. I'll take the rears then...

Zack
Old 02-24-2010, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...a panty dropper...
Let me sell the front ones first and then, based on the outcome, I'll decide how much to ask for the rear ones... That said, it seems that I will need to ask less for the front ones and more for the rear ones (simply given the levels of interest that each one of them are commanding at the moment). Thanks again and have a good week.
I think its due to the fact most people upgrade there front brakes first and then if they stumble upon rears that will work they figure why not. I am interested in the rears just because I have already done my fronts so if you can add me to the list of people in line for them that would be great. Also give me a estimated price you would be looking at for them. In reality fronts are more expensive then rears but your flip flopping it due to high demand. GLWS and keep me in mind with the rears.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:07 AM

Folks, I am in the process of moving to the East Coast and will be taking the brakes with me if they do not sell here in California. For locals, this is your last chance to get these awesome Brembos without shipping costs. Let me know if anyone on here is seriously interested. Thanks!
Old 05-19-2010, 09:01 AM

Folks, my final moving is scheduled for next Tuesday (05/25/2010). After then, the Brembos will be available in the East Coast. If anyone in the West Coast is interested, this would be a good time to make a move. Thanks!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
What part of the east coast

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Brembo Gran Turismo (Big Red) Brakes