Suspension and Braking The archived forum for suspension and braking components for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: K-Mac adjustable rear camber kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
300D, 500E, E420
FS: K-Mac adjustable rear camber kit

I recently removed my K-Mac rear camber kit. I had only installed the camber portion in the lower control arm (LCA). I had never installed the other portion for the tie rods (which allows additional toe adjustment, required when you have made a significant camber change). The camber bushings are in excellent shape, they were only on the car for 7kmi. The adjustable tie rod bushings are band new, never used. You need the adjustable tie rod bushings to get the rear toe spec correct after adjusting camber.

Please note that since these are polyurethane bushings, they can squeak slightly... you only hear it with the window down, at low speeds, going over a bump (for example, a speed bump in a parking lot). The squeak cannot be heard from inside the car with the windows up. K-Mac includes a small packet of white grease for the bushings which is supposed to prevent the sqeak, this lubricant is included (not shown in photo - it's inside the box). I decided to try the RDMTEK rear camber correction kit, which is non-adjustable, and is more expensive ($250 for camber alone, plus an additional $240 for modified tie rods)... but it uses stock rubber bushings which are silent.

Please note that I am selling a pair of complete LCA with bushings already installed, as shown in the photos. This will save you at least 2 hours of labor... it is a HUGE pain to remove the stock bushings from the LCA so you can install the K-Mac bushings!! Photos are shown below.

These will fit all 124's except wagons, as well as most 129, 170, 202, 203, 208, 209, and 210 chassis.

$200 for everything, free shipping in the USA.

Best regards,
Old 05-27-2009, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 c320
soo this will fit a 2003 c class rigght?? does it work like camber arms? or it just for the toes
Old 05-27-2009, 02:22 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
It does the same thing camber arms would do, but from a different angle. In the end, they both alter the camber of your rear wheels.

Question: do those lower control arms work on other cars? They look a lot like w203 rear lower control arms.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:23 PM

300D, 500E, E420
Originally Posted by TruTaing
It does the same thing camber arms would do, but from a different angle. In the end, they both alter the camber of your rear wheels.
Correct. The difference being, the typical aftermarket adjustable camber arms push the top of the wheel out, which can cause tire-to-fender clearance issues if you're running wide wheels. And, most of these arms have no-friction Heim joints, which is not a good thing... the bonded rubber bushings in the stock camber arm provide a torsional resistance, when this is removed, it can hose up the suspension action. I tried a set of those link and got significantly more wheel hop during a burnout. I don't recommend them at all.

The K-Mac kit pulls the bottom of the wheel in to reduce negative camber, so it doesn't affect tire clearance much if at all. And although it is replacing a bonded rubber bushing, it's only one, not two. I had much less problem with wheel hop after going to K-Mac. I just wasn't crazy about the slight squeaking. The RDM TEK solution is really the best, but it's more expensive, and not adjustable.

Originally Posted by TruTaing
Question: do those lower control arms work on other cars? They look a lot like w203 rear lower control arms.
Yep, should be the same on all the chassis listed above. You can double-check in the EPC to make sure your exact year/model uses the identical LCA's though.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Moderator Alumni

w203 m112
If I hadn't just ordered a new set of LCAs with stock bushings installed, I would have bought these off of ya. I like the idea of being able to push/pull the lower portion of my wheel in/out some more, not to mention the simplicity of the kmac bushings. Even if it creates a bit of noise, I bet it could be easily remedied with some waterproof synthetic grease.

versatile and high quality product
Old 05-31-2009, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tru, you should consider either the kmac kit (bump for dave) or the RDMTEK shortened MB lower control arm for your w203. From the picture it looks like you have quite a bit of negative camber in the back. How long do your tires last?

btw, dave is right, those kmac bushings are hard to install, but he already did it. =)
Old 05-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Moderator Alumni

w203 m112
I have K1MS adjustable camber arms installed, but the picture is not updated... Oh the days of being tucked in the rear are long gone now
Old 06-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Will those arms fit an 01 CLK55?
Old 06-04-2009, 12:03 AM

300D, 500E, E420
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Will those arms fit an 01 CLK55?
Assuming that's a 208.374 chassis, then yes, the EPC indicates it uses the same lower control arm (p/n 202-350-02-06), so it should bolt right up.

FYI, if you only want the LCA's with camber bushings, I'll sell those separately for $100/set. The adjustable tie rod bushings weren't needed on my car at aprpox -1.25° rear camber. If your car is reeeaaaally lowered and/or you want a lot of positive correction, then you'll need to install the adjustable tie rod bushings as well. They're a pain to install though. The LCA's with the bushings already installed save you a LOT of work... trust me!

Old 06-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by AMGDave
Assuming that's a 208.374 chassis, then yes, the EPC indicates it uses the same lower control arm (p/n 202-350-02-06), so it should bolt right up.

FYI, if you only want the LCA's with camber bushings, I'll sell those separately for $100/set. The adjustable tie rod bushings weren't needed on my car at aprpox -1.25° rear camber. If your car is reeeaaaally lowered and/or you want a lot of positive correction, then you'll need to install the adjustable tie rod bushings as well. They're a pain to install though. The LCA's with the bushings already installed save you a LOT of work... trust me!

How long do these bushings usually last? Thanks. My car has the KW's turned all the way down in the rear and I want to go lower LOL. My contact patch is horrible though, front is even worse

Last edited by blackbenzz; 06-04-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:46 PM

300D, 500E, E420
How long do these bushings usually last? Thanks
That's a good question - I honestly have NO idea. The polyurethane should last a long time, and you can take them apart to clean & grease them. I had these on my car for almost 7kmi and there was no visible wear...

Old 06-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by AMGDave
That's a good question - I honestly have NO idea. The polyurethane should last a long time, and you can take them apart to clean & grease them. I had these on my car for almost 7kmi and there was no visible wear...

Alright, I guess I'll gamble and take them off your hands. If I need the tie rod bushings can I buy just those form kmac in the future if you no longer have them?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:13 PM

300D, 500E, E420
Alright, I guess I'll gamble and take them off your hands. If I need the tie rod bushings can I buy just those form kmac in the future if you no longer have them?
Unfortunately, no, I don't think so... K-Mac only sells the complete kit, to my knowledge. BTW, you will need to get a dealer alignment as soon as these are installed, and you'll need to tell the tech what rear camber specs you want. In general it's a good idea to try and match the front, and/or shoot for about -1.00°.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:03 AM

300D, 500E, E420
SOLD

The kit has been sold - thanks for the interest!