Notices

C230 , 2003, W203 starting problems, battery drain

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230 kompressor, W203
C230 , 2003, W203 starting problems, battery drain

My 2003 C230 Coupe won't keep charge to start engine and it feels like battery drain or something. Battery newer and tested fully working.

After every drive/use, I have to disconnect battery neg terminal to avoid battery drain like symptoms. After connecting the neg terminal to battery post car will crank / start but always with feel of not enough battery power. I leave the battery terminal loose enough to slide it on the battery post or take it off easily.

For some period of time (weeks) it will not even allow this ritual. Car won't start after battery neg terminal re-connected. When ignition key turned there will be one click, all lights go off and no turn of engine at all. Since battery was ok I thought to try something different and kept turning ignition key on-off until some signs of cranking. Well, after umpteenth try the engine shows sign of slight turn to eventually crank to start with barely enough power it seems. Once car is running for few mins and then turned off it will re-start at first cranking. However, if car left for few hours it will not re-start. Hence, the disconnecting of battery Neg terminal and aforementioned routine.
Car has 185,000 miles.
Thanks in advance !