Notices

AIR CAP on E-class cabriolet A207 MY 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2023, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB E 550 Cab. 2010 A207
AIR CAP on E-class cabriolet A207 MY 2010

Some days ago I activated my AIR CAP, which is the deflector on top of the windscreen. I raised the AIR CAP using the button in the lower center console. The button is divided into two parts the left side is for operating the AIR CAP deflector on the windscreen and the right side is for operating (raise/lower) the headrests and the Air scarf at the rear seats.
Since I have raised the AIP CAP it has not been possible for me to close it again, meaning lower it and make it stay down, where it should be when not in use.

When I leave the car, and lock the door, the AIR CAP goes down and right away it goes up again. It doe's not go all the way down. it stops the down going movement 2-3 millimeters before it reaches the bottom and right away it starts going up again and it stays up.

It doe's the same down and up movement if I open the truk lid. And it also goes up and down in other situations when I open or closes the doors. Right or left door makes no difference.

It all ways ends in the raised position.

I have tried to find the fuse for the AIR CAP. I thought than I maybe could break the electrical circuit when the AIR CAP is at its lowest, but I cannot find the fuse, because the fuse mentioned in the manual for the car tells me that the fuses for the AIR CAP are no. 12, 117 and 127. Fuse no. 12 also handles the airbags, so I cannot take that out. Taking out fuses no. 117 and 127 has no effect on the AIR CAP - it continues to go down and back up as described.

Any good ideas how to fix the problem or to make the AIR CAP to close down - and stay there? I can live with that I cannot use it as log as it will stay down.

I hope that some one can help me.
All the best Sven from Denmark
Old 06-03-2023, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB E 550 Cab. 2010 A207
Smile Problem with AIR CAP solved.

Yesterday I took the soft top down. When I left the car in the garage I closed the soft top. I did not notice if the AIR CAP ended up or down.
This morning the AIR CAP was down in place.
My actual problem is now solved. I will just have to NOT touch the swith that raises the AIR CAP. I can live without it.

All the best to all of you....
Sven