Vendor Group Buys Group purchases offered by our supporting vendors.

*** VRP Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2007 | 11:31 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
*** VRP Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ***

All of the parts for the Extreme Wrap kit are here.. We did an initial run of 20 kits. We have another order in place since quite a few dealers have expressed interest in them...

NOTE: The new 2-piece Crank Pulley is also in production.. We are just waiting for our turn in line.. We have authorized them to make 20 pieces of those as well.. Target price will be similar to ASP BUT those who end up buying this Extreme Wrap kit will get the 2piece crank pulley at a discounted price. Going forward both will be offered together for a complete high boost solution which allows all the power to make it to the wheels.

Since the first run was a small quantity, they are being offered on a first come first serve basis...

This wasn't a quick thrown together compilation of bits & pieces.. it is a well thought-out, well engineered system to eliminate & control belt slip issues especially for those running the large ASP pulley. Every detail from spacing, to load on each point, to high speed bearings was carefully thought out.

The pullies were created by BilletFlow to our specs. Everything else was custom made.

The kit consists of: Auxiliary tensioner to replace factory unit, new pullies, brackets, nuts, bolts, spacers, and a new generation Gates Extended Longevity belt.

Complete Kit is priced at: $899 SHIPPED

If you want just the auxiliary tensioner to replace the factory one and dont care for the extreme wrap, it is available on its own for: $299 SHIPPED

Here is a topview showing how the pullies are integrated together.

Here is a good shot of the BilletFlow pullies and the computer CAD drawings that were generated during the design phase...

Here are 2 good shots highlighting the Auxiliary Tensioner system..

And here is the kit all bolted up showing how everything comes together. Take special notice of the amount of wrap on the snout of the S/C.. Remember... Stock is 45% - 50% belt contact MAX... This new setup will provide between 85% - 90% wrap and will remove the problem of belt oscillations.

Last edited by vrus; 06-28-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-28-2007 | 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
looks damn pretty. what kind of numbers are you expecting from this?
Old 06-28-2007 | 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by baldmike73
You're a silly, silly man. Its more of a kit to conserve power on modded cars, and NOT LOSE it from belt slippage, which is a huge issue when you start tinkering. This kit is almost NECESSARY for anything over a K1.

All hail Victor and Finny for putting this beauty together.
Old 06-28-2007 | 12:03 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Like Skyler said above.. The kit is really to control and eliminate the power robbing caused by belt slip. It just makes sure that whatever power the S/C is generating makes it to the wheels.

I've been battling with belt slip for a while myself.. On the dyno, at higher RPM (5,000RPM and up), the car would go pig rich (below 10:1).. I reflashed my ECU 3 times thinking it was tuning related when in fact it was the belt slipping on the pulley.. My car only has Evosport pulley which is 1psi less boost than the ASP one.

In my opinion these should be on everyone's car who is running modified pullies..

Carlsson is the only tuner who attempted to provide a "solution" to the belt slip issues by supplying a small tensioner upgrade with their pulley kit. I am not sure how effective it is, but, ours I think is the FULL solution which addreses all the problems.

Originally Posted by baldmike73
There is ALOT more coming..

Grab a nice 03 - 04 E55... And come enjoy the fun!!!

Or do I have to start building M5 parts?? LOL.. My buddy picked one up and I was looking it over the other night.. Not bad.. He was asking me about making headers and a CF airbox for it.. LOL..

Then near the end of the night he got a little wired and asked if it was possible to do a Twin Turbo kit for it.. LOL...

Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
All hail Victor and Finny for putting this beauty together.
Old 06-28-2007 | 12:17 PM

2004 S55 AMG
Will the new pulley be the same size as the ASP? Will it come with a smaller water pump pulley since the ASP pulley is so big? When will the new pulley be avaible?
Old 06-28-2007 | 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
how much extra s/c "wrap" do you get from just adding the tensioner?
Old 06-28-2007 | 01:07 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Good Job Victor!!!
Old 06-28-2007 | 01:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by vrus
Like Skyler said above.. The kit is really to control and eliminate the power robbing caused by belt slip. It just makes sure that whatever power the S/C is generating makes it to the wheels.

I've been battling with belt slip for a while myself.. On the dyno, at higher RPM (5,000RPM and up), the car would go pig rich (below 10:1).. I reflashed my ECU 3 times thinking it was tuning related when in fact it was the belt slipping on the pulley.. My car only has Evosport pulley which is 1psi less boost than the ASP one.

In my opinion these should be on everyone's car who is running modified pullies..

Carlsson is the only tuner who attempted to provide a "solution" to the belt slip issues by supplying a small tensioner upgrade with their pulley kit. I am not sure how effective it is, but, ours I think is the FULL solution which addreses all the problems.

There is ALOT more coming..

Grab a nice 03 - 04 E55... And come enjoy the fun!!!

Or do I have to start building M5 parts?? LOL.. My buddy picked one up and I was looking it over the other night.. Not bad.. He was asking me about making headers and a CF airbox for it.. LOL..

Then near the end of the night he got a little wired and asked if it was possible to do a Twin Turbo kit for it.. LOL...
Twin turbo M5? Oh no.. there's already going to be a Supercharged M6 running around SoCal from Gintani (sp?).

How much benefit should one expect from just the tensioner?
Old 06-28-2007 | 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by vrus
as you know i belive this is my problem also. cant wait to tell you guys how this works.
not sure if you guys remember me sayin my car was strong outta the hole then it would fall on its face around 80-90mph. i also noticed my exhaust tips were black from runnin rich. i ran 1/4 in 11.6 at 118mph. and i should be trapin around 125 according to other cars with same set up.
i will install this set up and go straight to the track to see what happens! although i am certain it will be fixed!

side note what would 7 mph more on my trap speed do to my 1/4mile time
Old 06-28-2007 | 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies
Twin turbo M5? Oh no.. there's already going to be a Supercharged M6 running around SoCal from Gintani (sp?).

Centrifugal Blower might be the only quasi "smart" way to F/I the M5/6, but it does have the "most advanced ECU ever in a production car" so I don't think I'd want to tackle the tuning aspect. Besides, imagine the gas mileage?? 8mpg highway anyone?

Victor, why would you suggest an '03/'04 over an '05-'06? I'm coming verrrry close to picking up an E55, especially after seeing AMG Rider's whip the other day, I fell in love.
Old 06-28-2007 | 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Good job!

Vic, thats sweet! Good job buddy!

Cylinder_head, yes, I know of a client who installed the Noelle supercharger on his BMW 645, and that car isn't running right. The ecu tuning for an SC on that engine is way too complicated.
Old 06-28-2007 | 02:30 PM

E63 biturbo
Is there a possibility then that the car might run lean after installing this setup?
Old 06-28-2007 | 03:00 PM

'10 E63
This is what I want to hear about Victor, only for us of course. Any more word on the TT system you were exploring? You're doing some great work within the limitations imposed by the stock s/c, but until someone comes up with twins or a replacement blower we'll never realize our engine's potential, IMO.
Old 06-28-2007 | 03:03 PM

2004 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Audi A6 4.2, 2008 WRX STI
Centrifugal Blower might be the only quasi "smart" way to F/I the M5/6, but it does have the "most advanced ECU ever in a production car" so I don't think I'd want to tackle the tuning aspect. Besides, imagine the gas mileage?? 8mpg highway anyone?

Victor, why would you suggest an '03/'04 over an '05-'06? I'm coming verrrry close to picking up an E55, especially after seeing AMG Rider's whip the other day, I fell in love.
thanks for the compliment...u got a sick supra man!!!! i mean that thing looks serious...cant imagine driving one..
Old 06-28-2007 | 03:08 PM

2004 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Audi A6 4.2, 2008 WRX STI
Victor..the kit looks awesome~i faced the "s/c belt slippage" situation last week for the second time...i dont know if its the belt that caused it for sure but it felt like my car had a 200 hp..it was aweful...everything just shut off at 120+ mph and rpm dropped immediately..so, i stopped at the rest area to check it out, and no sign of damage.. i turned the engine off and turned it back on, everything was working fine..any thoughts on that? anyone??
Old 06-28-2007 | 03:37 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
We are going to make 2 outer rings for it.. 170mm & 175mm.. The 175mm is the first one that will be made (same as ASP). I will supply a water pump idler with it as well.. Pulley is in production.. it's probably 3 - 4 weeks away.. We are just waiting for our turn in line for production.

Originally Posted by Shaun
Will the new pulley be the same size as the ASP? Will it come with a smaller water pump pulley since the ASP pulley is so big? When will the new pulley be avaible?
Hey Mikey.. The tensioner will just keep the stock idler from bouncing around... Right now the new idler replacement pulley is part of the extreme belt wrap kit.. Even if you do change the idler on the passenger side, the belt wont get maximum wrap unless the other side is there to squeeze the belt around the snout.. It should improve things, but I am not sure by how much. Maybe half of the total kit?

Originally Posted by chiromikey
how much extra s/c "wrap" do you get from just adding the tensioner?
Thanks Vadim! They are here waiting for you.

Originally Posted by Vadim@GMGRacing
Good Job Victor!!!
hahaha.. I am not gonna do it... Want to finish the MB 55 TT project first.

As for tensioner, see response above to Mikey.

Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies

Michael, got you covered!! Put 1 aside for you already to ship to Adam..

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
as you know i belive this is my problem also. cant wait to tell you guys how this works.
not sure if you guys remember me sayin my car was strong outta the hole then it would fall on its face around 80-90mph. i also noticed my exhaust tips were black from runnin rich. i ran 1/4 in 11.6 at 118mph. and i should be trapin around 125 according to other cars with same set up.
i will install this set up and go straight to the track to see what happens! although i am certain it will be fixed!

side note what would 7 mph more on my trap speed do to my 1/4mile time
If you are going to do anything radical with the car, half of it will be chagned and warranty is toast, so why spend extra dough on 05/06..

03 can be had for mid $40K. Then spend $$$ on mods and you have 700hp at your disposal.

Thanks Adam! Your stuff is ready for you.

Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
Vic, thats sweet! Good job buddy!
Nope.. The dyno shows a 10:1 rich condition because the belt is slipping and ECU is still dumping fuel.. The wrap kit will allow the belt to keep traction and the proper A/F that was tuned for will show.

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Is there a possibility then that the car might run lean after installing this setup?
TT is still in progress.. I am going to do it.. Just need it to be last on the list so that everything I am testing on my car doesnt interfere with TT build...

First order is to do Twin-Charging and see how it goes.. then, if needed S/C comes out and TT go on by themselves. Once SLR intercooler project is done, Finny is on board to help co-develop TT.

Originally Posted by R. Range
This is what I want to hear about Victor, only for us of course. Any more word on the TT system you were exploring? You're doing some great work within the limitations imposed by the stock s/c, but until someone comes up with twins or a replacement blower we'll never realize our engine's potential, IMO.
Joon.. All your stuff is packed and ready to go.. Its leaving tomorrow by air.

As for your power drop.. i think that was S/C disengaging on you. Belt slip is not that aggressive of a power drop. Its almost the same feel as a car's clutch slipping.. car revvs but the power seems to be dropping off.

Yours sounds more abrupt so it must be the S/C disegagement due to high IAT. You need some cooling mods buddy.

Originally Posted by AMG Rider
Victor..the kit looks awesome~i faced the "s/c belt slippage" situation last week for the second time...i dont know if its the belt that caused it for sure but it felt like my car had a 200 hp..it was aweful...everything just shut off at 120+ mph and rpm dropped immediately..so, i stopped at the rest area to check it out, and no sign of damage.. i turned the engine off and turned it back on, everything was working fine..any thoughts on that? anyone??
Old 06-28-2007 | 03:54 PM

2004 S55 AMG
What would be the price for the whole kit including the pulley?
Old 06-28-2007 | 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"If you want just the auxiliary tensioner to replace the factory one and dont care for the extreme wrap, it is available on its own for: $299 SHIPPED"

would this alone help with the slippage of the belt?
Old 06-28-2007 | 04:06 PM

04 E55
Victor, you got e-mail.
Old 06-28-2007 | 04:06 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I cant give a FIRM price, but I am hoping to provide them at $1999.. 2piece crank pulley w/175mm outer ring + Extreme Wrap kit. Guaranteed No-slip High-boost solution.. just add VRP tuning and you are off to the races (pun intended)..

NOTE: I dont recommend that big pulley unless you have a cooling upgrade. I wont sell it to someone unless they buy a cooling kit of some sort because it will make too much boost on a stock car. For that application, 170mm outer ring will be better.

Final price check will be done once I calculate the landed cost.. Parts are coming from different places in the world, so once I know the import duties on everything I will be able to confirm this.

Originally Posted by Shaun
What would be the price for the whole kit including the pulley?
Old 06-28-2007 | 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG Rider
Don't you have some sort of aftermarket cooler already man? I'd get the phenolic spacers, put the blower coolant on its own circuit, get a larger coolant pump installed, and hook up one of those intercooler "sprayers" that the subi guys use. But that's just me.

Jerz is gettin friggin HOT bro.
Old 06-28-2007 | 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
When can I get one? The whole kit. I am starting from stock bare bone.
Anymore Reconditions?

This will void the warranty right?
Old 06-28-2007 | 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Also..

On a related note,

EuroElites will be receiving couple of VRP Extreme Wrap kit and will be available for LOCAL CLIENTS. Please place your order with EuroElites.

One VRP Extreme Wrap kit is available for display @ EuroElites in the following week. For local clients interested to see the VRP Extreme Wrap kit first hand, feel free to stop by.

Cheers,

Adam
Old 06-28-2007 | 06:06 PM

'10 E63
just add VRP tuning and you are off to the races (pun intended)..
Victor, wasn't aware you offer ECU tuning as well. Is this a tune designed to work with your pulleys, and does it also remove the limiter, etc.? What else can you tell us about the background of who is doing it for you?
Old 06-28-2007 | 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
On a related note,

EuroElites will be receiving couple of VRP Extreme Wrap kit and will be available for LOCAL CLIENTS. Please place your order with EuroElites.

One VRP Extreme Wrap kit is available for display @ EuroElites in the following week. For local clients interested to see the VRP Extreme Wrap kit first hand, feel free to stop by.

Cheers,

Adam
yes feel free to stop by and look at it just dont touch my shiit dammit! lol.
adam when is it due to arive? also when are the rims comming in?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** VRP Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ***