Vendor Group Buys Group purchases offered by our supporting vendors.

end of Year HID special!!!! $65 per Kit!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I called at least half a dozen times and the stupid answering machine kept answering. I hope we did not get screwed! My buddy who is not a forum member called and placed an order and he has heard nothing either. Not good!
Originally Posted by drop997stop
Havent got mine yet either- ordered 1/6/2009 and spoke to someone on MOnday this week, stated it was going to be shipped out that same day- check tracking and hasn't still been shipped.

also, they are not answering their phones, called them three times today and yesterday

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON
Old 01-15-2009, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63
What should we do?

Last edited by Ckim1021; 01-15-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
I think you guys will be ok. It seems James has worked with a few of the forum members in the past and he was pleasant enough to talk with on the phone.

For me, money was charged to my credit card and a week later when I contacted James to see what was going on (he was gonna email me a tracking number), he said he didn't expect such a high volume of orders and had run out (in my case, ballasts). I left him a voicemail and a PM and he responded to PM so that may be your best way of getting in touch with him.

I must say, people are pretty forgiving if you at least let them know what is up. I shouldn't have had to contact someone that has already taken my money a week later to see what the status is...simply let me know the deal and I'm pretty reasonable to deal with. I learned that in my first week in sales about 15 years ago, you may not have the answer a customer wants to hear, but at least call them and tell them you are working on a resolution to whatever issue has come up.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:29 AM

2007 E63
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
I think you guys will be ok. It seems James has worked with a few of the forum members in the past and he was pleasant enough to talk with on the phone.

For me, money was charged to my credit card and a week later when I contacted James to see what was going on (he was gonna email me a tracking number), he said he didn't expect such a high volume of orders and had run out (in my case, ballasts). I left him a voicemail and a PM and he responded to PM so that may be your best way of getting in touch with him.

I must say, people are pretty forgiving if you at least let them know what is up. I shouldn't have had to contact someone that has already taken my money a week later to see what the status is...simply let me know the deal and I'm pretty reasonable to deal with. I learned that in my first week in sales about 15 years ago, you may not have the answer a customer wants to hear, but at least call them and tell them you are working on a resolution to whatever issue has come up.

He said that he will receive more product on Friday 16th.
Their phone is not working properly but he did PM me saying that he will send out the kit asap.
I guess I will wait for the kit.
I was worried because there are a lot of scammers these days.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:32 AM

2004 MB E55
Let us know when your kit arrives. I would like to place an order also, but I've been scammed myself in the past (not this vendor),just a little gunshy since.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:07 PM

13 CLS5504, 13 RX350, 13 Yukon
I am in the same boat. I ordered mine on the 5th. Received a tracking number created for the 6th but it had not been shipped just created. I called on Monday and was told they were out of ballast and it would ship on Wednesday. Still hasn't shipped. I don't care if its one week, two week, or what. It would be just nice to know the deal.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Friday the 16th!!!! I have not heard sh&^! I second everyone elses opinion that a email or a simple phone call would be friggin nice!
Originally Posted by nsatibl
I am in the same boat. I ordered mine on the 5th. Received a tracking number created for the 6th but it had not been shipped just created. I called on Monday and was told they were out of ballast and it would ship on Wednesday. Still hasn't shipped. I don't care if its one week, two week, or what. It would be just nice to know the deal.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:01 PM

2005 AMG E55
For those who got theirs... Is the kit something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...3A1|240%3A1318
Old 01-17-2009, 02:49 AM

2007 E63
I got the tracking number and it is expected to arrive 17th.

I hope everyone will receive their kits soon.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:39 PM

2007 E63
Anybody installed the kit by themselves?
I want to do it but I do not know how to install the kit....
Any help will be great!

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
Kit takes 15 mins to install. Message me if you have any questions. I will take pics when I install the second set whenever it comes in. Also- the "error canceler" kit that I got with my first order does not work correctly. The error message still comes up intermittently. I have emailed the seller about this. I hope it can be remedied as I paid $30 extra each set for the error canceller.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:04 AM

2007 E63
Originally Posted by itsmeek
Kit takes 15 mins to install. Message me if you have any questions. I will take pics when I install the second set whenever it comes in. Also- the "error canceler" kit that I got with my first order does not work correctly. The error message still comes up intermittently. I have emailed the seller about this. I hope it can be remedied as I paid $30 extra each set for the error canceller.
Is this right way to plug in?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails end of Year HID special!!!!  per Kit!!-p1030347.jpg   end of Year HID special!!!!  per Kit!!-p1030348.jpg   end of Year HID special!!!!  per Kit!!-p1030349.jpg  
Old 01-18-2009, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes, that is correct. Then you will have a red and a black lead from the kit that you plug into the original headlight connector. The black goes into the brown from the body and the red goes into the other. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LIFT THE CAR TO INSTALL THESE FOR YOUR LOW AND HIGH BEAMS. You just pop the hood, remove the dust cap by turning it, remove the bulb w/the wire connector by spinning it out, then you remove the connector from the bulb and install the hid kit. DO NOT TOUCH THE BULBS W/YOUR HANDS!!!

For the drivers side- there is a tank that is blocking access. There is one screw on top of the tank- unscrew it as much as you can then pull it out as it is a plastic connector. That should give you enough access to get to the bulb.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't have the other pair in still. But here is a basic install that I had posted back when I had my c32. Note that for the e55 there is no need to remove the bumper.

https://mbworld.org/forums/1909853-post14.html
Old 01-18-2009, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
I'm really starting to wonder if I ordered these when I shouldn't have. So if my low beams look bluish, I'm ok, right?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:54 PM

2007 E63
Originally Posted by itsmeek
Yes, that is correct. Then you will have a red and a black lead from the kit that you plug into the original headlight connector. The black goes into the brown from the body and the red goes into the other. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LIFT THE CAR TO INSTALL THESE FOR YOUR LOW AND HIGH BEAMS. You just pop the hood, remove the dust cap by turning it, remove the bulb w/the wire connector by spinning it out, then you remove the connector from the bulb and install the hid kit. DO NOT TOUCH THE BULBS W/YOUR HANDS!!!

For the drivers side- there is a tank that is blocking access. There is one screw on top of the tank- unscrew it as much as you can then pull it out as it is a plastic connector. That should give you enough access to get to the bulb.

Thank you very much for your help.
The kit is for my fog light.
I will need to wait for the install because someone rear-ended my car today!
She was using her phone and did not see my car. I am so pissed.
My rear bumper needs to be replaced.
It really sucks!!!
Well thanks again for your help.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:48 PM

2007 E63 AMG
Email them but never got a responded.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by I Like Soup
I'm really starting to wonder if I ordered these when I shouldn't have. So if my low beams look bluish, I'm ok, right?
I aimed for bluish- looks great w/the yellowish fogs. I still don't have my new kit and my error canceler does not work.