Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanna be E55 owner (W210) maybe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanna be E55 owner (W210) maybe?

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking for a long time off and on, drooling at pics and trying to soak up as much info as I can. I'm in Iraq working as a contractor but when I get home it's time to buy a Merc daily driver. I'm a hardcore vw freak and I write a column for the worlds best VW publication Performance VW, give me a look next time your at Banres and Nobel. Anyway...

I've always had a soft spot for Mercs and it seems like a used E55 AMG not only looks amazing but fits what i want in a driver. Plenty of power, aftermarket options, 4 doors, highway monster etc. Add wheels, turn down coilvers, insert wife and kids hit the highway.

I haven't ruled out a c32 or 55 AMG either they all seem to be around that $30k range which his what I'm looking to spend and I love the looks of all of them.

Any inputs on that would be appreciated, I'm prety green when it comes to these cars. Things to watch out for, years to avoid C class or E class blah blah.

Crazy as it sounds to you guys I need a nice daily driver so my VW can stay off the roads and in the garage.. haha

Everyone likes pics so here's a couple of my current "project". Any VW fans want full specs send me a PM or something, she's got a lot of rare bits.

Thanks everyone I look forward to owning and modding (just a little hehe). Thanks for having me.

Last edited by Mr. London; 10-28-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 SL500
One thing to keep in mind on this purchase is cost of maintenance. You're in a different ballpark with MB. There is no mercy! Make sure you can get an extentded warranty before you buy a used E55 (w210) I've had both 210 and 211. I still feel the 210 is the better bang for the buck. Not quite as fast but still impressive. A simpler car and hopefully with less problems. Not to many mods (engine wise) that you will be able to make. But as a daily commuter you don't want a real modded car. Email me if you want more info on my experiences with the 210. Good luck.
Glenn
glennbaz@msn.com
Old 10-28-2006, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Welcome. Check out some stuff around here and you'll learn probably more than you'll need to know, which is good. If you like the VW look and are interested in a merc check out the C43's. Small car + V8 = fun. Resonable $ on the market as well.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:49 PM

thanks for the info guys. I'm no stranger to love hate and cost of repairs. My wife drives a Land Rover Disco II

I'm no stranger to turing wrenches on VW's and late model Audis and either way I will buy the big daddy warranty. Thanks for having me and i'll continue to browse and soak up info.

I'm sure it's gonna be a 02'ish E55, C32or C55 AMG. Which one is the question I guess. Cheers.