W210 AMG Discuss the W210 AMG's such as the E50, E55, and E60
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre-Owned 2007 E63 at MBLN

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 03:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got tired of waiting for my E63 to get faster...so it is gone.

I missed the low end torque of my E55..if I wanted a high revving car, I would have purchased an M5.

I picked up a GL450 for family hauling duty but I'm on the hunt for a different daily driver...maybe a 2007 CL600 or S65.

I hope the E63 mystery gets solved, I just couldn't wait around any longer.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by gE63

Your right, perhaps I do get a little worked up over disparaging remarks on the e63. Perhaps buyer’s remorse (or not)…I don’t know. But I don’t want it to be true. This is a dream car of mine. When I finally got to the position to purchase one, you don’t know how excited I was. Truth be told, and based on recent experience, I think it has gotten faster. That’s my point, and as always no disrespect to the 55’s, but I think it will put down more respectable times now that it has a few thousand miles. So, being defensive or not, I want to prove it (or disprove it to my regret). Don’t think I’ll be in Ohio any time soon. I will post when I have some ¼ mile times…

Vadim…sorry for the thread jack.
I test-drove an E63 yesterday and it blew my mind. It felt really tight (although that may have been an impression given by the fatter steering wheel, I don't know...) and ferociously fast. Not that my E55 isn't; but the 63's "over 2000 improvements" over the 2006 and older W211's were palpable, especially in the car's handling. For the money, I'd expect no less.

Question, though: with the new brakes, is it still "brake-by-wire"/SBC (or whatever it's called), or have they really reworked the system beyond new calipers and made a mechanical connection now? The sales-douche told me that the new cars have an old-fashioned "real" mechanical system with an electronic assist for panic stops, etc., unlike the E55 style, which was purely pedal->computer->cylinder. Can anyone set the record straight on this?

All I can say is, come 2010/2011 when these 63's start coming off lease, I'm soooo getting one!!! Love the 7-speed tranny too. Really smooth. I don't know what people are talking about when it comes to claims that the tranny can't handle the power. Didn't they first install these 7-speeds in the CL65's with 700-odd lb.-ft. of torque? Were they bad at first and subsequently improved?

Lovely cars. The dark dash gauges didn't thrill me, but in concert with the black/charcoal ultrasuede headliner (as opposed to the light blue/grey one in my E55), it all comes together nicely in there.

Oh, and these idiots at Keyes tried to sell me a dealer demo with 1150 miles on it that the sales guy had just positively abused before handing me the keys on the test drive -- at MSRP!!! I called BS on him and he tried to tell me that AMG cars usually sell for over sticker. And in the same breath, these guys are low-balling the crap out of the trade-in offer on my '55. What a bunch of azz-monkeys. especially considering I bought my AMG E55 from their shop. idiots.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra/E55
Bump for a sweet car/price!!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:46 PM

old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
[QUOTE= Love the 7-speed tranny too. Really smooth. I don't know what people are talking about when it comes to claims that the tranny can't handle the power. [/QUOTE]

The tranny alone is worth the upgrade from a E55....just awesome!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
http://www.autobase.com/cgi/info.exe...40&dealer=MBLN

Here are the pictures.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
my perfect E set up

E63 white and ebony!

Vadim I have sent you a PM. Anything you can do to help I would appreciate.

thanks,

Joe
Old 02-22-2007, 07:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
No 65 has had or has the 7sp tranny...

I found the tranny very strange in terms of gearing 2 very long overdrives meant the extras gears were wasted and no closer gearing was really achieved esp vs the old 5sp - the steering padals were great. The brakes are much better - and its all mechnical now with some electronic aids ... but you dont have to worry about SBC failures. It does come with complimentary squeal though.

Still believe the E55 is quicker on the qtr when it is able to get its power down properly but the E63 will be more consistent as it does not trouble the ESP too much. So ... not sure what to make of that.

Steering was marginally better but balance was noticably better. I think this is due to the engine power delivery too esp out of corners much easier to modulate. The E55 is a bit binary in that respect.

Engine sounded awesome. The car I drove had 8k miles one it and I had it for 2 days - ran it a few times ag a stock SL55 and it could not keep up at above 90mph... when the SL - to my surprise - started to slowly pull away. Up to ~90mph it was dead heat and who ever got the jump would stay there.

If I were to go around the Nordschleife I would probably take the E63 - If I were to go to the strip I'd take the E55....

Actually if I were to got to the 'ring I would probably take a Radical ... or some M bimmer - but I would still take the E55 to the strip.

Sorry to butt in ...
Old 02-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Almost a Member!

2007 E63
are those amg track miles or oops I should have a got a CPO E 55 miles?

Im sure bmoreAMG will race you for pinks.

Fletcher Jones races for pinks...

or is that John Force. I always get orange county people confused.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:03 PM

2003 CL55 Kompressor Horizon Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by vixapphire
Question, though: with the new brakes, is it still "brake-by-wire"/SBC (or whatever it's called), or have they really reworked the system beyond new calipers and made a mechanical connection now? The sales-douche told me that the new cars have an old-fashioned "real" mechanical system with an electronic assist for panic stops, etc., unlike the E55 style, which was purely pedal->computer->cylinder. Can anyone set the record straight on this?
My wife has an 07 E350 with the Sport package. It's my understanding (this applies to the new S-class as well) that it is mechanical but the electronic protection "features" of Sensotronic are in place. Panic stops adjustments, plus it keeps the pads close to the discs proactively (wet conditions and what not).
Old 02-23-2007, 10:50 PM

e55 or e63

I bought my 04 e55 brand new almost 3yrs ago, I still enjoy it very much, but i must say i like the looks of the e63 better except for the wheels and the seats, whats up with the two different materials on the seats. I just cannot understand why mb would come out with a replacement for the e55 that is really not all that much faster, if it even is. How can you justified the price difference for a new e63. I will wait until amg comes out with one that has a lot more hp than the 07 e63, and anyway if I did I am afraid I would miss the low end torgue that I am so use to, because thats what its all about TORGUE thats what gets me excited, thats why I bought E55 three years ago and still loving it. Maybe some time I will get to race a e63, and I will have my way with it. Its all about torgue out the hole.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Almost a Member!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by dkallencat1
I bought my 04 e55 brand new almost 3yrs ago, I still enjoy it very much, but i must say i like the looks of the e63 better except for the wheels and the seats, whats up with the two different materials on the seats. I just cannot understand why mb would come out with a replacement for the e55 that is really not all that much faster, if it even is. How can you justified the price difference for a new e63. I will wait until amg comes out with one that has a lot more hp than the 07 e63, and anyway if I did I am afraid I would miss the low end torgue that I am so use to, because thats what its all about TORGUE thats what gets me excited, thats why I bought E55 three years ago and still loving it. Maybe some time I will get to race a e63, and I will have my way with it. Its all about torgue out the hole.
you forget about the suede on the shift knob. so thats a 3 material shift knob:metal,leather and suede. that should be reason enough to swtich.

plus you can try to have your way with my 63 anytime.

if you really notice 50lbs of torque made up by 50 more horsepower after 3000 rpm then you are a far more sensitive footed driver than I.